Soon be Christmas

Smudgeur

I wish Ruth would buy me heels for Christmas. She once paid for a custom pair of pull-on knee boots with 4" heels for my birthday, but that was a one off.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

What's a "one off"? A one time event? Hope its not a "once in a lifetime" event :lol:

So do I quite frankly. The main thing she worries about is our daughter getting stick from her friends for my heel wearing.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The main thing she worries about is our daughter getting stick from her friends for my heel wearing.

Something you ought to be losing sleep over too, Dr. Shoe. I know from experience. :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I know what you're saying, but most of my friends already know about my heels, so no problem. With regard to my daughter, if her friends aren't teasing her for the way her father dresses, they're teasing her for something else!

speaking from a teenagers point of view, thats a very mean and insensitive point of view to be taking about your daughters emotions dr shoe.....you probably have NO idea how cruel kids can be, you might not even know the crap your daughter could be going through if she doesnt want to tell you everything....kids can be horrifically cruel, and although you may have a point (if it wasnt your heels, it could be something else), it doesnt change the fact that shes getting made fun of in the first place.....do her friends make fun of her for the way you dress?

I agree with terayon.. I have known kids my age, younger and older, to be the most cruel beings... and I have dealt with them accordingly.. so to speak. psychologically and physically dealt with. Then again, I'm not the niceest guy around either. :lol:

It took my wife on the eve of our divorce to get me to see the effect of the very few indiscretions I had had were having on my children, particularly my 2nd oldest child (and oldest son) who was getting beat up every day at school because his father was a faggot (not true, but to backwoods conservative head in the sand Mormons, there is no truth other than what they believe). I have to agree, against my better judgement :(:lol: , with Terayon, Dr. Shoe. You can't wear what you want to wear, anytime, anywhere, and still be a compassionate and responsible parent.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Dr. Shoe, You can't wear what you want to wear, anytime, anywhere, and still be a compassionate and responsible parent.

That is one of the truest, most accurate and factual statements ever stated.

Although not formulated exactly in those words, that concept has -- for the past 27 years -- and still remains foremost in my mind. What a shame that it took so long for azraelle to "get it".

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I am facing the same dilema concerning my free style clothing. Although my 23 year old daughter has no problem with it, she asked me for the sake of her children (3 weeks and age2), not to run around in a skirt in our town because of fear of later treatement by other school kids. I respect that and will abide from wearing unbifurcated wear in our town. Heels under bootleg pants are no problem and leaving in a skirt in my car for another town is also ok, even for the neighbors. I will evaluate this setup in a few months and if this is too restrictive I will not hesitate to sell my house and move somewhere in an appartment in the middle of another town, maybe even in a foreign country. I realize both my own desires and the hard conformist outside world are clashing but I always swore to do no harm to anybody, and this is especially valid for my grandchildren.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

speaking from a teenagers point of view, thats a very mean and insensitive point of view to be taking about your daughters emotions dr shoe.....you probably have NO idea how cruel kids can be, you might not even know the crap your daughter could be going through if she doesnt want to tell you everything....kids can be horrifically cruel, and although you may have a point (if it wasnt your heels, it could be something else), it doesnt change the fact that shes getting made fun of in the first place.....do her friends make fun of her for the way you dress?

I rather think you missed my point Terayon. She has had the mickey taken out of her for the way I used to dress which is the reason I stopped doing it. But now she has the mickey taken out of her for othr things, her braces for example, or the fact that she is tall and slim, the fact that she has very long blonde hair, etc. etc.

You are most correct, kids ARE the cruellest of creatures and also the most sensitive. When kids call her skinny she cries and wishes she was fat. When they make "funny" comments about her resemblance to a mermaid ie fishy smells etc she cries but won't cut her hair because she loves it so. When they called her metal mouth she cried again (the braces have now gone). Instead of just telling them to f**k off like you and I might, she runs home crying. I had to remove just one of the excuses for piss taking so I now refrain from public heel wearing.

She does talk to us more so than other kids will and we are the sort of parents that take great pride in trying to understand her even to the point where we enjoy her music!

I couldn't agree more with Terayon, Hiluc and azraelle. My point is that kids will always take the mickey regardless. As responsible parents we must remove as many of the reasons for this abuse that we can.

I couldn't agree more with Terayon, Hiluc and azraelle. My point is that kids will always take the mickey regardless. As responsible parents we must remove as many of the reasons for this abuse that we can.

ya, i understand what u mean highluc i bet in a few years your daughter will be a lot happier, once she hits high school, tall skinny and blonde is what a lot of the guys want, and i bet she can laugh at the losers who made fun of her before... kids are mean pricks...

terayon, I'm amazed how much maturity you gained the last months, you definitely are on the right track now. Congratz, Highluc.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Having worked with kids I can see (from a non parenting viewpoint only however) just how cruel they can be to one another, particularly towards any kid who is different

The positive aspect of this (and I know this from experience, having been different as a kid myself) is that they are the ones who usually grow up to be stronger and kinder adults

The few bullies will often remain just that, insensitive, ignorant and narrow minded bullies

However, we must never forget, that even some of those bullies mature into good people, capable of looking back at what they were and what they have become and often feeling remorse for what they did to people in the past

Hope and optimism, couple with a good sense of understanding is the most precious thing we have, and it is particularly important to exercise this around the most impressionable children. It is also important to try and bring up our children to be understaning too, and I feel the best thing we can do is make sure that any child who has family or friend who wear unconventional clothing is comfortable with that, not just around home to town, but with the inevitable bullying from others that will ensue. If they are, then there is good reason to be optimistic for that child future, and from a selfish point of view, our own too!

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

ya, i understand what u mean highluc

i bet in a few years your daughter will be a lot happier, once she hits high school, tall skinny and blonde is what a lot of the guys want, and i bet she can laugh at the losers who made fun of her before...

kids are mean pricks...

She's 15 and in her last year of compulsory education. The problem is, is that she is at an all girls' school. She has plenty of boys chasing her but none of her peers will ever get to meet them.

• 1 month later...

Well - I acted surprised on Christmas Eve when I opened the shoes from my wife. However on closer inspection I was a little disappointed. They were, you will recall, from Jane Shilton (an expensive make) and were Navy Blue Courts with a 3" blade heel of sorts. However the overall impression was actually a little frumpy and the heel not as high as I had hoped. The toe was quite pointed and a little tight on my broad male foot. i therefore suggested to my wife that they were a little too uncomforatble and that we should take them back to the outlet store where she bought them. Thankfully they gave us a full refund of £35 (overpriced i.m.h.o.) and we now had that cash to spend on an alternative which we could choose together. I am pleased to say that I am currently wearing the replacements, bought from Faith for a bargain £25 (reduced from £45 in the sale). They are called "Cherry" and are a black court shoe with a 4" (at least) blade heel and a square toe with additional strap across the toe. I am extremely pleased with them and will take a photo for you as soon as I get a chance.

• 1 month later...

Nice! To be honest, I keep going into Jane Shilton and coming out thinking 'Why bother? My Mom would wear those!' But the Faith ones are nice - I wonder if my local Faith has opened yet?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Mine are a size UK8 (42 Eur) and I paid £25 for them in the sale. I didn't see them in any larger sizes. I don't know if Faith themselves do mail order, but they are available in a number of other outlets - eg Debenhams and Argos Additions who both do mail order. Don't know if they carry this style though.

Faith shoes are also available in Top Shop, as well as on the www.faith.co.uk web site. There are still some left in the local store, on sale at GBP 25 as you said.

Smudgeur - I can't see your image. It fails to load every time for several days now.