She's stagging, WOW! He's dragging, _____!

I suppose if someone was getting paid for these type of discussions, they'd be millionaires many times over. Why is it OK for women to literally use the men's wardrobe in their choices of attiring, but men are sentenced to be thought of as insane or perverted, should they don anything considered of the womenly content. Even when men wear jeans that fit better on them because of the "made for women" design, they have to worry about being ridiculed. Men in pink? See what I mean? We have been so programmed to think a certain way, even colors have become divisive. All things are here for our choosing as to what part they will play in our lives. Society will never be able to fully mature until it accepts that we are individuals with our own set of wants and desires, no matter what our birth distinction is. Why are we being divided when we have so much in common? What are the gender classifications society has burdened upon our psyche and how are they divied up? Are these classifications accurate for the human condition? The social idea of masculinity is the person who is strong, noble, commands, virile, courageous, independent, provides, enforces, delegates, and etc. Femininity is suppose to entail people of gentleness, compassion, delicacy, modesty, sensitivity, nurturing, service, multitasking, and etc. Just from the descriptions noted in these two categories, it is not hard to see where all of these qualities have been and are used by both men and women. In the history of mankind, these qualities were thought to be more exclusive in some societys, because of their traditions and practices. At the present time, though, men and women are crossing the lines of society's gender classification so readily that these qualities no longer define a person's gender. We are individuals with all the personality traits with in us. Which of these traits are developed depends on who we are and how we portray the person we are.

You have said it well brother!

But living with three women I would have to question the modesty part, honestly have you ever seen women together! Modesty, personal space, seperation of personal life, it seems whenever they get together all forms of modesty go right out the window until a guy enters within ear shot.

Just my take on it.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

You have said it well brother!

But living with three women I would have to question the modesty part, honestly have you ever seen women together! Modesty, personal space, seperation of personal life, it seems whenever they get together all forms of modesty go right out the window until a guy enters within ear shot.

Just my take on it.

T&H

Those feminine qualities were products of the standard classification set up by the socialites that wanted to put everyone into two main categories and define their behaviors and abilities. They obviously weren't accurate and at best they were misleading people to expect certain things from each group.

This why so many people rebel against the institutions of society and are trying to figure out what is true on their own. Maybe all the mind controlling counsellors with sylables like 'ology' attached to their title or with a religious calling should take notice and try to correct the standards of gender so that they reflect the truest ideals of what people are, rather than trying to convince people to be what they aren't.

BobHH

How many of you looked at the media coverage of the Oscars? The men basically look like penguins, dressed alike in black and white. If they are of interest, it is because they are famous or are with some interesting woman. The women are of interest mostly because of the way they are dressed. The coverage in the press is all about the gowns/outfits they are wearing.

What's the message? Men are mainly, serious types. Women are vain and shallow, dressing to show off, just superficial sex objects, trying to attract attention with fancy plumage. The opposite of birds.

So, when a man dresses in women's clothes or shoes, you can see where that attracts negative reactions whether people are aware of the reasons for their reactions or not. It all comes down to perceived sex roles. Since women are so shallow, they can do anything and it is not taken seriously or is even encouraged by the shallow fashion world.

Life is short, wear high heels!

As for the women showing off their gowns and becoming the focus of an event, they have earned that right by putting up with and taking care of us penquins.

What made men so serious? Was it from the lack of possible choices? Men have pigeon holed their world of exhibiting their feelings and of things to do. Women, on the other hand, have kept their world open to exploration and experiencing. I guess they had to, because men are too narrow minded. If it wasn't for the females in our lives, we males would lead a very secluded and uneventful existence. Come to think of it, when we were teenagers the world seem to hold the promise of what dreams are made of. We did some things then that we would not dare confess to now, but we were full of life. Doesn't that feeling radiate from the women we know, most of the time? Sure they're flashy and seemingly shallow at times, but they make the world worth living for. Part of women's exuberant and exotic nature comes from the fact they have a world of choices for what ever suits their fancy at any given time.

So, as I compare a man's surroundings to a women's internet, there seems to be such a void in what men are able to do verses the plethora of decisions women have to make, even each day, to cope with the world they endow. I may never be able to fully comprehend a woman's life, because I haven't had the need to make even half the decisions they make just preparing for the day's activities. But I have seen the life society has projected for males and usually it is all right to take the easiest path life has to offer. This type of thinking seems to be why males have lost many of their rights to choose for themselves.

We seem to be a culture of lemmings anymore, willing to bend to whatever the "popular culture" has to offer, and it always seems to lean more towards offering more choices for the women. Not that women haven't earned the right to be equal - for they have, but now let's balance the scale, and let the guys have the freedom to be who they want to be as well. It can exist both ways, and we can all coexist together - we just need to drop the labels and LIVE, for crying out loud. After all, don't we have more important things to worry about than picking on what someone chooses to wear? One would hope so, but we can dream, can't we? click click click click click.......*shut*

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

.... Not that women haven't earned the right to be equal - for they have, but now let's balance the scale, and let the guys have the freedom to be who they want to be as well. It can exist both ways, and we can all coexist together - we just need to drop the labels and LIVE, for crying out loud.

After all, don't we have more important things to worry about than picking on what someone chooses to wear? One would hope so, but we can dream, can't we?

click click click click click.......*shut*

well said Shockqueen!

One stiletto high heel wearing by a man seems to be a prickle in the mind of other people. I mean the prickle can change something - in good or bad ways. I hope it works in the right direction- the direction that everyone can wear, what ever he/she want. I know, thats for everyone more simple to be a "grey mouse" in society. But thats not the individual way of life. So...I take the other way equal to all the members of this forum.

Best wishes

Shortskip

i do the sasme, heels all day, work, going out, plus earrings, light make up, bangles. Once the novelty has worn off for those around me, then life goes on as normal.... Remember, the same happens when anyone does purple hair for the first time...

It is hard to venture into the unknown by yourself with no support whatsoever, especially when you have all these preconceived ideas of the outcome. However, most of the time we have a tendency to focus on the bad or worst possible results, but we fail to give the good or best ones their equal consideration. Would it be do-able to even have some of the good with some of the bad. Like maybe loosing some associations or even a job, but being able to wear your choice of heels and make better friends at a new job. Then again, if you could find your better job in heels first, the rest of it wouldn't really matter, would it? Just thinking! Hummmmm.

Excellent observation Histiletto. In all my experiences out heeling, especially when first going out in the public eye, I had all these horrifying thoughts of what might happen. It turns out just the opposite. I didn't get ridiculed, laughed at, beaten, poked fun or anything like that. I was all psyched up to be stoned but it never happened. Most people who notice a man in heels take one look and that's it. That's my experience. If I did have to ever seek another job, I don't know if I would go looking in heels as of yet but it would depend on the job and atmosphere. Good thought.

real men wear heels

Excellent observation Histiletto.

In all my experiences out heeling, especially when first going out in the public eye, I had all these horrifying thoughts of what might happen. It turns out just the opposite. I didn't get ridiculed, laughed at, beaten, poked fun or anything like that. I was all psyched up to be stoned but it never happened. Most people who notice a man in heels take one look and that's it. That's my experience.

If I did have to ever seek another job, I don't know if I would go looking in heels as of yet but it would depend on the job and atmosphere. Good thought.

that's what ive been saying all along !!Just go for it....

remember, do YOU look at people who look a bit different - i do; not disparagingly but simply from a personal style point of view !!

If you believe todays news, youre more likely to be beaten up if you wear a services uniform than heels !!!

I do remember the (disco) days when all differnet types of men wore high heels...all different styles of high heels. Then suddenly, poof, they were gone. Then came the labels:

Man: Macho, rugged, strong, brutal, no nonsense

Woman: Liberated but feminine, open to new ideas, steel worker by day-lovley vision and free spirit by night.

When men did wear high heels publicly, no one thought anything of it because that was the trend and everyone, celebrities and common men alike, were wearing them. What happened? And if you notice today, many of the action heros wear men's boots with a higher heel (sneaky).

I guess we, the male high heel wearers of the world, will have to keep on keeping on in our high heels and hope that history will repeat. I'm doing my part now in my new thigh high boots. I'm getting ready to go for a walk in them. See you all later!;)

i remember back then doing boots then with 2" platforms and 6" heels on the tube and it was cool. Nowadays i do 1" platforms with 6" heels (thank u soulmate), so thats progress !

We owe it to ourselves to be confident wearing heels, as if... "if theres a problem, its your problem, not mine !", so please lets make it a street started fashion. It will be wicked to see the staff bull terrier hoodie wearers strugglin to control their ugly mutts in stilettos, plus the satisfaction of ridding normal people of that fashion accessory.......

And less kids will be disfigured by the canine misfits !

Keep high !!