Extreme pointy toes, yay or nay?

Ninanoora

Extreme pointy toes, yay or nay?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Extreme pointy toes, yay or nay?

• Yes, they look sexy!
    • Yes, maybe for bedroom but not in public. :)
    • No, dont like them.
    • No, Definetely no. I hate em.

It seems like ugly fashions, like the long pointed toes or the sticks on the back of footwear called heels, stay around forever and the fashions that are most preferred, like the beloved moderately short pointed toes or the long stemmed champagne glass shaped heels, become available for only short spans and then they leave the scene for a fashion generation to come again briefly, usually with some derivations to the original preference. Sounds like ugly is hard to sell and beauty doesn't stay on the shelves, so ugly has to be pushed harder to possibly break even. Then seeing that the ugly trend is the only selection available, it gets bought as the popular look of the season for the fashion sheep. Then with the data of ugly being bought, manufacturers make more ugly. If I sound a bit negative about the heel and toe styles we have to choose from, I guess ugly has permeated much of what is advertised and what we have to choose from on a daily basis. What has happened to the concepts of beauty? Can't some reseach by high heel manufacturers be done to restore the real beauty lost to the past, instead of following the present ideas of ugly? OK! I got to go shopping to see if there might be any heels available that could soothe this yearning for a preferred style. Chances are though, I'll have to settle for something else, if I'm to get any satisfaction. Such is reality. Thanks for wading through this.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

become available for only short spans and then they leave the scene for a fashion generation to come again briefly, usually with some derivations to the original preference.

Sounds like ugly is hard to sell and beauty doesn't stay on the shelves, so ugly has to be pushed harder to possibly break even. Then seeing that the ugly trend is the only selection available, it gets bought as the popular look of the season for the fashion sheep. Then with the data of ugly being bought, manufacturers make more ugly.

If I sound a bit negative about the heel and toe styles we have to choose from, I guess ugly has permeated much of what is advertised and what we have to choose from on a daily basis. What has happened to the concepts of beauty? Can't some reseach by high heel manufacturers be done to restore the real beauty lost to the past, instead of following the present ideas of ugly?

OK! I got to go shopping to see if there might be any heels available that could soothe this yearning for a preferred style. Chances are though, I'll have to settle for something else, if I'm to get any satisfaction. Such is reality. Thanks for wading through this.

I couldn't agree more...and what a wonderful way to describe those heels...the 'beloved' short point toes and champagne glass heels......

The reason, most likely...is that these styles require more time and effort to design and manufacture, thus immediately making them more expensive, as the shapes cannot easily be produced on mass manufacturing machines. They are also produced in smaller numbers which is always more expensive. It doesn't take an idiot to produce an almost angular chunky heel....just a robot. Therefore it is much cheaper to make, and produce in vast quantities.

The fact is, that most high street fashion heels are produced by about 4 or 5 factories in China...to a pre-determined design set. Sad, but true. So, many designers are asked to produce 'original' shoe designs that are hamstrung by manufacturing restrictions in the first place.

If we don't already....in another 50 years time we are all going to look exactly the same. I'm so glad I was born with a defective gene called 'individualism'!

(It's all a load of old cobblers really....well, actually....it's more old fashioned cobblers that we need!!).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

If we don't already....in another 50 years time we are all going to look exactly the same. I'm so glad I was born with a defective gene called 'individualism'!

(It's all a load of old cobblers really....well, actually....it's more old fashioned cobblers that we need!!).

Yes, the idea of having and exhibiting your own tastes and desires is being forced toward extinction in this world bent on conformity. I really believe most teenagers realize this social encroachment while they are trying to find their identity and see they don't quite fit the mold as the man-made limitations tell them what they are suppose to be. As time goes on, these adolescents become disillusioned to be the individuals they are because of the social pressures to promote the status quo.

As my avatar depicts, the high stiletto court shoes with the pointed toes have the look I prefer to wear. I have always had this preferred style in my thoughts since I can remember.

Those of us who are high heeled aficionados have noticed the voids that have been left due to the loss of many skilled cobblers over the last few decades. If old age debilities didn't cause their absence, it was society's demand for the mass production of footwear and the manufacturing cost that forced many of very skilled high heel experts out of business. I hope the few skilled cobblers that are left can fill the void and pass on their knowledge, wisdom, and abilities to continue making available the best high heels of good quality and craftsmanship.

I quite agree with Histiletto and Pussyinboots on what they say. I too like the look of the shoes that Histiletto has included in his Avatar, but finding them is getting quite scarce. I wore shoes such as that during those periods of time and was quite comfortable with how they looked and felt on my feet. I too long for that period to come back but I guess it won't. Now that is when they made stiletto heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hiya, I would have to say extreme pointy is not cool. A point matches the stiletto heel, but super pointy is for those who haven't spent any significant time wearing them in normal situations.. Almond shaped toes - pointy but not that long in the toe that the point of the toe gets scraped - or gets a slight bend/creases in it from use. Also an almond toe has a slightly better shape that won't kill your little toe! Cheers Heel-Lover

When I first saw thos Rosa shoes I fell for them! I always prefer pointed toes anyway and those seem just so elegant and carefully designed, I really don't think they look ungainly. Sarah, who models them, manages to walk very elegantly in them, even with her tight skirts. If the shoe is shaped properly there is no problem with squashing the toes, it simply doesn't happen. In fact some of my pointiest shoes are amongst the most comfortable. The only thing I would say though is that the heel needs to be quite high, the proportions simply don't look right on anything lower than about 4", and they look best, I think, on 41/2" - 5". I have some point-toed 51/2" heels which I think look lovely - there's a picture of one pair on my profile - and if my bank balance would stretch to a pair (or six!) of Rosa 5" heels I'd be taking a trip to Brighton very soon!

I love pointy toes. I have the cursed German second toes so my feet are pointy to begin with. Rounded shoes just hurt but I gladly deal with it in the name of fashion. I find extremely pointed shoes to be unattractive, at least for me. They remind me of Renaissance shoes and the such.

• 2 weeks later...

One good thing about extremely pointed toes ... you can squash bugs in all of the corners of the room.:clap:

viewed from a womans point of view they also hurt when worn to kick a man in his gonads OUCH:mecry::wave::mecry::)

• 2 weeks later...

yes i'd wear them most definitely...! without any hesitation...! heels with such a pointy toe really do it for me...! pointy shoes are a BIG YES for me...! in fact goin to have an ebay search for rosa heels right this second...!

Yes I like extreme pointy toes for pumps and boots. But in this case the heel has to be very high, otherwise I think the shoe is not nice. Kiss Sabrina

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !