About buying shoes, what is important?

Ninanoora

What are important facts regarding the shoe when your buying new pair ? For me: 1. It's the look, appearance of shoe, overal feeling about it. 2. Heel height 3. How the shoe fits me

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

I am very picky about the style, type, material and color, fit, and the over all look of the shoes when it comes to the purchase. 1.) STYLES: Classic Pumps, Mary Janes, Knee High Boots 2.) TYPES: a.) Flat heels (.5" to 2" tapered) b.) High heels (2" to 5.5" spike or stiletto) Definition - Spike and stiletto are generally the same shape, but the spike has the larger diameter heel tip. c.) Pointed Toes (short) d.) Almond Toes e.) Platforms (The purpose is to raise the balls of the foot when using a heel height that is more excessive than the foot of the wearer is able negotiate with a natural gaite for the determined height. The shape of the platform should enhance the lines of the shoes.) 3.) MATERIALS & COLOR: Depends on my mood or the outfit I want to wear. Most of the time though, I like the smooth and shiny patent look. Velvet or suede occasionally catches my fancy and cloth rarely gets looked at because of the maintenance factor. The basic colors of black, white, and red are a must have in any wardrobe, but having the choice of other colors is so much more fun. 4.) FIT: I like it snug, but not confining or tight. I don't like to see or feel a gap between the heel of my foot and the shoe when I'm standing or walking 5.) THE LOOK: a.) The heel of the shoe shouldn't look like it's against a fence post for its height support. The spike or stiletto has to be fully under the heel portion of the foot, so that it is more pleasing to look at and more constuctionally sound. When the shape of high heels appears to be like the long stemmed tulips or the tall stemmed wine flutes, it adds elegance and gracefulness as the lines move around the shoes. b.) The toebox shouldn't be any longer than the area needed to be a comfortable fit for the wearers toes. Any longer and the protrusion takes on a gaudy distraction. c.) The vamp cut should just barely cover the toe cleavage area. d.) The Mary Jane straps seem to be more appropriate when they are not excessively wide most of the time.

1. The look 2. Fit and feel 3. Am I going to wear this shoe out in public? 99% of the shoes I buy now I buy to wear out. When I was in the closet, sort to speak, I bought a lot of flashy high spike heel play shoes. Now it's more fun to buy heels I will wear out that I think looks tasteful and goes smart with my jeans or what ever I'm wearing.

real men wear heels

I was about to say that the look is most important, but I think fit is equally important. Although fit usually isn't a problem for me (much to my wife's envy), if they don't fit comfortably I won't buy them. By the same token though, if they don't look nice I don't have much interest in them. Heel height isn't all that important, but I like higher ones.

1/ interesting - colour, unusual style 2/ height - although >2" doesnt get a look in 3/ material - never synthetic 4/ fit - normally no probs but patent one size bigger 5/ price - much as i'd love some jimmys 6/ use - for work, going out, walking the dog 7/ is there enough space in the wardrobe.....

for boots (my only heeled style I like) I'd say that color (black) & style, are THE most important factors when buying heels for me! (comfort ofcourse has to be another);)

Well, for me, here's my priorities: 1) The fit of the shoe, if the fit is wrong, it won't work for me 2) The look of the shoe, first and foremost, I'm drawn to pumps 3) The height of the heel, my preference being four inches 4) The color of the shoe, I like dark colors like black and navy 5) The appreance of the shoe when paired with an outfit when in public

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

To me, it's the interest factor......does it look interesting enough for me? Is it something that I could wear out at all, or would it just be relegated to house-wear, or being shoveled into the closet? To me, it's a waste if I buy shoes that I'll never wear. Fit is also important to me too. The only place I can try them on first here is the local Payless, which is a plus for me, as I can always get a refund at the store if they don't work out - even if I buy them through the website.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Exactly what JeffB said:

1) The fit of the shoe, if the fit is wrong, it won't work for me

2) The look of the shoe, first and foremost, I'm drawn to pumps

3) The height of the heel, my preference being four inches (my preference is five inch heels...roni)

4) The color of the shoe, I like dark colors like black and navy

5) The appreance of the shoe when paired with an outfit when in public

Especially reason number five, for me.;)