Shopping for Ballet Heels

Gladius123

Rightyo, it's been taunting me for months now. I must buy some ballet heels! Here's the thing though, I don't want to buy them online, as I am a try before you buy person. And want to keep my high heels curiosities underwraps. ;) I'm a size 10 in everyday footwear, and can travel as far as London. So does anyone know if there are places in the UK where I can go in store and buy some ballet heels?

I have to be honest and say that I cannot think of one place in London or the South of England that stocks ballet boots for over the counter sales. It's all internet selling these days, because they don't have to hold the stock themselves. I think that the nearest regular stockist of ballet boots would be alternative footwear in Ramsbottom, north of Manchester.

I know about alternative footwear, mind you just done some research. And had a look at Puss In Boots of Reading. Anyone know what they're like? I also heard they do over the counter ordering which is a bonus for me. I might go for that. I'll have to check them out in the flesh first.

I was like you wanting to try them before I bought them. This wasn't posible so I ordered a pair of leather Devious ankle boots on E- Bay size 12, I'm also size 10. Needless to say I was not disipointed. The Devious boots are beautuiful I have modified the heels though because I knew trying to walk in them I would brake the heels off. This is the only part of the boot that you need to be carefull with. I try to walk in mine every day. When I buy another pair I think I'll try a size 11 because I think my foot will fit tighter in the toe box. This is very important in my opinion and from my research on pointe shoes. The best to you and life is good on your toes. (Carefull these things are addictive)