How to mow your lawns in heels

Blacksheep

Ever wanted to spend the day in heels, but you know you stil have lawns to mow? I have a pair of boots, that are ankle high but lace well down near to the tow (they have a long tongue) I have an older pair of heels, they fit inside the boots, lace them up, trousers come down over the boots and i can mow the lawns in heels, and the feet still look the same. I may be a wee bit taller, but who notices aditional hight when one is behind the mower. It opens up many other oportunities to wear heels in public if you are a wee bit conservative or concerned that you may become labeled for wearing high heels.

Blacksheep

• 4 weeks later...

and mow the lawn one way one week and the other way next week.... ure shoes will end up green from the lawn so buy cheapies or use old banger heels.... and if ure really keen, brush sand in the holes.... TIP...sprinkle beer on the grass then it'll come up half cut... g'nite...

johnheel, I wanted to do that when we moved to our present house, and put raised borders with seasonal plastic flowers. My soh said a definite NO, but she is now seeing the sense in it. Tending the garden in anything other than wedges is a nightmare except in dry spells when it is baked solid.

totter along into history