Comments from women?

Amanda

The only time i tend to be near anyone for a comment is when trying on shoes in shops,either nothing is said ie ninewest shops! or as in dune,faith,sniff shoes,kurtgeiger and viv westwood all responses have been positive (probably because they might get another sale lol!) Once in kg the woman serving me gave me her mob. number which was amusing! First response is usually disbelief followed by curiosity,but once you have them on (the shoes/boots that is) enthusiasm! I have one woman friend who has seen me in my heels and she responded the same way,its as if you've joined a club....ie you can relate to something that some women put in an effort for.......and often the fact that they ie my friend cant walk in the heels i wear,which she finds amusing! The worst comment that i have had is from my wife who insists that i'm a sad case......and she hasnt even seen them on!!!! aw well takes all sorts...

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

For me to answer that is like opening up Pandora's Box.

Here is a link to a photo of a date of mine while we were at a Charity Fundraiser in Tribeca. She didn't mind me wearing pumps on the first date.

Here is another photo, where a girl I met at a club wondered why I wasn't wearing her stiletto's. I've had other women literally take my stiletto into their mouth in public, in front of other people (and at a conventional upscale club, not a fetish party).

Here is a picture of a girl who offered a toast to my stilettos.

The list goes on and on and on, literally. You can read about most of them in my Adventures of kneehigh's thread. I started that thread to demonstrate in a fun and interesting way that men in stiletto's can assimilate in any social context. Likewise, we have a long running thread titled, Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource which I started to encourage other men to be more open with women about their heels.

I'd say that 99.99% of women that I encounter are positive about my heels. And that's including first dates too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

95% positive. This is obviously skewed as people don't tend to make negative comments to your face, they are more likely to do it behind your back. However, my guess at women's feelings from those who I have met are 20% are interested and very supportive. The vast majority (75%?) are indifferent and there's a small perentage (5%?) who are quite anti. This latter group are either jealous, ignorant, or brainwashed of rational independant thought (eg by religion). (I should add, Im excluding giggly teenage girls in this anlaysis. These people are quite likely to giggle at heels, but they they may well giggle if you are wearing the wrong brand of trainers, or they may even be giggling at themselves, so it's impossible to make any logical analyisis of their reactions)

I have a tendency to have it the same way. Most about 25% are very supportive, from like your shoes to wow that's a nice style. About 70% are non reactive. Most just don't care. But of those that don't care, you just have to look at the shoes they are wearing and most likely they are not very stylish(i.e. sneakers, loafers, flats, slippers, and others; not heels). About 5% will give you negative actions or remarks. I had one woman literally wanting to kill me, once she saw the stilletoe boots I had on. The eyes stated it all, pure and otter hate. Other than that nothing much.

Positive in public on Halloween, with lots of compliments. Positive from girl friend who likes them, positive from another casual girl friend who posed in my shoes. Guys are more neutral or negative, I think.

What sort of comments have you had from women when they've noticed you're wearing heels?.

Positive, negative?.

Positive. But negative too.

Some woman (age about 50) said:

- Nice shoes. Can we exchange on shoes?

- No - i said. She was in flat shoes ;).

- How you feel in them?

- Good, but they are pressing me in fingers. I hope that i will expand them.

Or some saleswoman told when i was in mini skirt and heels: "You have great body. You must have problem with bying trousers" (she suggested that i'm look better in skirt).

Some young woman told: "You have great legs" (i was in skirt and heels again).

But sometimes girls (who often looks like boys) are laughting at me or offending. They are just young pigs.

For me since I wear boots most of the time no one even seems to notice, but one time I was in payless and bought a pair of MJ pumps and the girl helping wanted to see me wear them so I put them on and she was very positive in fact I wore them from the store and then stopped at a grocery store and to ladies that worked for a auto insurance agency that was in the store stopped me and asked me about the shoes and both were also very positive and encouraging.

What sort of comments have you had from women when they've noticed you're wearing heels?.

Positive, negative?.

I've had 2 girls saying my shoes were nice, but neither was a comment on me wearing them. The rest have been negative.

i was got just few woman who has seen em and who knows about em... *my grandmother, all time saying i'm too tall and i'm looking freaky with these shoes... *Best friends wife looks like interesting about it, sometime asked why i wear it and then just accepted it quite normally. *My brothers girlfriend 1st time saw and thought i'm totally drunk :cool1: 2nd time she thought i'm abnormal cuz i wasn't drink nothing at all :wave: *few girls wanted to make me believe that heels aren't for man, so i should stop wear them B) of cuz no success for them :) but they wasn't seen even them :) so it was just blind option, maybe they would see and they would like it ;) possible just got heard some rumors about it, that man cant walk in heels, lol :) interesting who made it? i think some woman who has forgotten how long time it was took to learn go in heels :D so they put once they known man in heels and wondered why it cant go :D but in that case if he cant go in 1st time, is she would? i dont think so :D 1st time in life its not possible... PS sorry about too long post.

every human has they own choices...

I have had mainly good comments, mainly the fact that they like my boots. I've been asked by people where I got them cause they want some similary. The best response was from a lady who catches the same bus as me. She said she said more men should wear heels. We probably wouldn't have got chatting if I hadn't been wearing heels.

Positive, negative?.

Amanda: I'm perfectly OK that you've posted your question with us guys. After all, we're all a bunch of "rule breakers" anyway, right? I say you're completely welcome here.

Comments heard from women? Mostly positive, or just a knowing smile. I think the ladies figured out that it takes a LOT of self-confidence for a guy to wear heels publicly, and I think the girls appreciate it.

I've noticed the inquisitiveness from the women, which I enjoy. They obviously understand that this is not your "typical guy", and that really sparks interest. Ironically, I would be just as happy to not be noticed. Center-of-Attention is not my aim here.

I wear boots exclusively, under the pants. Anything else you'd like to know?

Dan

I first get asked about being so tall... a good 204 cm in the 5" heels I usually wear. Just today at the Y - before workout, I held the door open, and was asked, "I bet you get this all the time, but how tall are you." If they notice the heels, the most common question is "why?". I used to answer this with some realist answer like "I don't think heels should just be for girls." But now, thanks to those on the board here, I answer their question with "What do you think?" Leads to more interesting conversation. The worst, for me, is when they treat me like I'm gay... "Nice shoes, honey" from a waitress a Chili's once was all it took to get me to not return there. Most the time no one says anything...

Tallguy: If my math is right (I had to break out my abacus for this), you're about 190cm without heels, or 75" = 6'-3" ?? If that's right, I see what you mean.

I haven't heard "honey" used in a while. Perhaps it's "regional"?

I've noticed that, when I've perceived that women think I might be gay, they're more open to discussion. On one occasion, I asked a lady about it (that is, why they're more open to discussion). The answer I got back was: "Because you're safe."

Go figure.

Dan

How does being called "Honey" imply that they think you're gay? I've been called honey lots of times. Doesn't bother me and doesn't mean they think I'm gay.

In fact, why is it negative to be gay? I guess it's only bad if you're in a situation where you want women to be interested in you as a straight guy.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

With the variety of wacky heels I tend to buy, I usually get either comments of awesome/nice/neat shoes, to "how on earth can you walk in those?" (one time ended up challenging a lady I worked with to try them, and she couldn't, but it was all in good fun). Haven't really had many bad comments aside from some kids giggling in the local Payless once.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Dan J: I'm 195cm 6'5" barefooted - the 5 inch heels add about 3" to my height. I've said this before - I think being as tall as I am in heels helps to draw attention to them. When a person sees me they look up, then scan their way down - sometimes noticing my less conventional footwear. HeelD, I guess I might have over reacted, and you are probably right - She may have just called any guy in restaurant "Honey". But perhaps it was the way she said it, it didn't come across as the typical sothern "Honey" I'm used to hearing. But it was likely just me. This was a while back and I wasn't quite a comfortable in public settings in heels as I am now... Good point about being considered homosexual - it shouldn't be considered a negative in casual situations, but... I'll have work on it... all my life being a "macho" male.

How does being called "Honey" imply that they think you're gay? I've been called honey lots of times. Doesn't bother me and doesn't mean they think I'm gay.

In fact, why is it negative to be gay? I guess it's only bad if you're in a situation where you want women to be interested in you as a straight guy.

Heeld: You are absolutely correct, and forgive me if I implied anything. I, too, have heard "honey" used either way, straight or gay, and agree it doesn't mean a thing - certainly not something negative.

As far as wanting women interested, I would say no comment or attention paid is often sought-after. As I said in some other thread, center-of-attention is not my aim.

Thanks for calling attention to the remark.

Dan

well, since I AM gay, (being only one of a very few in here maybe that is) it does not bother me in the least:smile:

Yes, Jonnieheel. I agree with you. Most women make positive comments about the high heels that I'm wearing. The last time I bought a pair at a store, the young female clerk asked me if I wanted to wear them out of the store, and I did.

A consistant comment I get from many women is "I love those heels, but I could never walk in a pair like those with heels that high." The first time I heard that comment I was surprised. But after reading several postings from women, it seems the norm for wmen who wear high heels on a regular basis is 2 to 3 inch heels.;)

There is a ton of different reasons for any woman to wear a specific pair of shoes with a particular dress or "look" (which came first -- the shoes or the dress? ;) ) but, the main point underlying their choice is comfort and appearance. For the most part, heel heights really do not have the "attraction" to most women that they have for men. Particularly for men that wear women's shoes. To a large number of men that wear heels, the height of the heel is more important and appears to be the magnet that attracts us to the shoes. If you look in most women's shoe stores or departments today, you will notice that while their are a couple of hundred different styles of shoes on sale, most of the dress styles have heels that range from 2" to 3" high. It doesn't matter if they're pumps, strappy sandals, sling backs, or wedge heels. Since almost every store stock those types of shoes with heels at those heights, they are probably preferred by the majority of the female buying public than shoes with heels that are 5" or higher. In my own case, my wife selects elegent, feminine, style shoes that fit her correctly and that match and look appropriate for the outfit that she is wearing. Her hair is perfectly arranged, her make-up -- what little she uses -- perfectly applied. And, she's perfectly synchronized for the event she is attending. The heels on 98% of her shoes are between 2" and 3½ high. While she used to wear 4" or higher heels when we were first married, she finds wearing heels higher than 3" uncomfortable for extended wear and difficult walk in. As a female, it is her choice to wear what ever piece of femine clothing she desires. After all, the clothes are designed to fit the female physique - not the male build. She is a beautiful woman and knows how to dress to accent all of her "finer" points. How she dresses and what shoes she puts on her feet is her choice. While I often make suggestions and offer openions, like most wives, she listens to them and does what she believes is best (which usually isn't what I've suggested.) And, yes, she does believe I am not mentally put together correctly because I love to wear heels that are much higher than those she usually wears. So, bottom line to this rambel is that women (females) do not feel any pressure to dress in any way other than the way they are the most comfortable and believe show them at their best. And, that goes for shoes. Most women will not wear shoes that do not fit either their feet or their outfit and especially if they are not comfortable. Therefore, the oft repeated comment "I couldn't wear heels that high."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

At my workplace, most women, who wear heels, wear them with 2 to 3 inch heels. There is one woman whom I've known for years and is close to my age and is a stunning looking woman. She keeps in good physical shape, well groomed, designer clothes, and she varies her heel heights but does wear 3, 4, and I've seen her in 5 inch heels at the workplace when I go in for staff. All of the men love the sight of her and complement her. Almost all of the women ridicule her for her appearence (use your imagination). I don't know if it is a combination of jealousy, envy, sheer rudeness, or character assassination. It just floors me when I hear whispered comment. And the woman is as nice and professional as anyone I've ever worked with. Go figure! I wanted to share that with all of you.;)