Admiring women in heels

Stu

Looking at women in high heels is a pleasant hobby for me. I thought it would be interesting for the men to talk about the things that they look for in HH-wearing women, and also to get some reaction from the ladies. In my case, most of my contact with heel-wearing women is in the office. The manner of dress may be more moderate than in clubs, but I like the fact that I can see the same women every day and note the changes in dress and shoes over time. The things I typically look for are: 1. Shoes and clothes (duh!). Of course, this is the most important. Feminine and tasteful combinations are always appreciated. I like to pick out patterns, such as a woman's tendency to wear a particular dress early in the week, jeans and boots on Fridays, etc. Seeing a woman wear a new dress or heels for the first time is nice, too. I'll often remember what a particular woman wore on a given day long after I've forgotten what I wore. 2. Figure. This is less important than shoes and clothes, but it still merits a mention. Even though I have a preference for the hourglass figure, I don't think a woman has to have a particular kind of figure to be attractive. A very thin or well rounded woman can still be attractive, particulary if she knows how to dress to take full advantage of the figure she has. 3. Walking style. A woman who walks confidently and skillfully in heels always stands out above those who don't. It's amazing how many women can't walk properly in heels. 4. Personality. This is very important, as a warm, outgoing personality greatly enhances a woman's femininity and attractiveness. A little eye contact, a nice smile, a warm "hello" and perhaps a friendly conversation from a well-dressed woman can warm up a cold office quickly and be one of the highlights of the day. Those of you who make the effort to wear heels and dress well at work can feel confident that you are noticed and appreciated.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad effort, however I'd hope personality comes first. Then you can admire the other things. I do prefer it when guys look me in the eye and talk to me about general life things in the first place (esp the first time). After this I have no problem talking to them about clothes fashion including shoes (I'm a fashion freak), probably explains why I chat on so much here. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I have to admit I like looking at women wearing heels from the point of view of seeing what styles are in fashion, what shops they are from, how well the women walk in them and coordinate their outfits etc. I'll often take a trip down the station platform or sit opposite/near to a woman in a train if she is wearing attractive heels, so I can get a closer look. As I spend a fair amount of time in UK women's shoe shops noting the style changes with the seasons, I can often know the source or even the name of the style. (A slight addendum to say I do tend to look at shoes purely from an interest point of view. When it comes to making friends, appearance and fashion preference rate 1/10 for me in the scale of importance. The person is what counts. My last girlfriend wore no almost heels at all, mainly training shoes, and I never tired to influence her otherwise). <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-28 02:48 ]</font>

• 2 weeks later...

Personality is top of my list! Those who know my wife will know that one :smile: Figure isn't important as inner beauty will outshine what the exterior has to offer. I will admit to looking to see what women are wearing, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't. A coordinated look is important if the person is on show. However some wear their heels just to be more comfortable, be it with themselves or for foot comfort. I know mine to be the latter. Knowing how to walk in heels comes with practice and, as I have previously posted, lots of women, particularly teenagers, will buy the highest heels they can stand in at the shop and then go straight out in them and topple over. Kinda sad really!

A most frustrating experience occured today on the train. I'd just sat down on the train in prime position opposite on the aisle to a woman who was wearing incredible 4-5" boots with interesting cone type heels. She'd been standing around in them for 20 mins at the station and I was sure she was going to give a display of foot twiddling after she sat down. I wasn't disappointed as she crossed her legs and started bouncing her free foot gently up and down at the ankle. Just then, this enormous fat bloke comes into the carriage, and plonks himself down next to her almost hiding the boots. I changed my position slightly but reading my mind he sprawled his stumpy legs out completely obliterating the view. He then proceeded to fall asleep, snoring in a grotesque manner. Oh well, such are the perils of shoe spotting on trains :smile:

I agree Francis, personality is most important. I was just referring to 'people watching' i.e. those I don't know whilst out and about. Saw some really awful ones yesterday - 1" clumpy heels which had big round toes which looked like something a clown would wear. Uck!!

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Sitting on the bus last week, I was lucky enough to have an attractive lady with a taste for boots with 3" heels sit next to me. (And, yes, she has a very nice personality, which made the ride very enjoyable.) Somehow, the strap to my lunch container managed to wrap around the heel of her boot during the trip, and when she got up to leave the bus I had to manually untie the strap from her heel or she would have dragged my lunch container off the bus. It was one of those cute little experiences.

• 3 weeks later...

If I don't see them, my wife will point them out for me. But I got to be careful what I say if front of her. If it's any kind mention of, mmmmmm... lets say attraction to the wearer. I get some dirty look's, and then some from my wife. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 4 months later...

I just love watching ladies in heels, but I usually notice the wat she walks first. Then, to her face, and a quick scan down, (not stopping at most men's favourite front view resting spot), then settle on the shoes/boots. Rear view, waist to feet, and the georgeous confidence that a practiced wearer displays.

Yes... women that dress well, wear nice footwear and walk comfidently, have a cute smile - they just cast a spell us men, don't they? I know that I can't stop staring at a gorgeous girl in perfect outfit on the street. And where I live - girls at age 16-26 like to wear quite daring outfits on the streets. Some foreigners visit my city and wonder that " the hookers dress so well here". But actually they are normal girls showing off :smile:

HH forever!

In response to your original post Stu, admiring women is one of my hobbies. I won't get into the 'personality' part of it, because I'm simply talking about looking at women on the street, etc that I don't know and will never know.

I wish I could say there are tons of women walking around my office in heels, but it's quite the opposite. I work in a downtown office, so you'd think there'd be lots to look at, but I guess because it's government, and a department dealing with a natural resource, fashion isn't a priority for 95% of the women there. In fact, I routinely see people wearing sweatpants and those sport sandals. yuck!

So I do all my observing on the street, in the malls or on transit, like the rest of you. I'm a red blooded male, so I will admit to looking lasciviously at times, but I try to be very discrete to avoid embarrassing myself and/or making a woman feel uncomfortable. Most of the time, I'm honestly looking at a woman as if she's a piece of art and not a sex object.

I'm definitely a leg man, so naturally I'll notice a woman in a skirt first. If she's not wearing high heels, I usually won't bother. I do prefer the women dressed for the office, stylishly, tastefully, but still feminine and sexy. (Hooters waitresses have no appeal to me.) And yes, I also notice other things once I get past the legs, including the rest of her outfit, how she put herself together, accessorized herself, her hairstyle, etc. and of course, the shoes.

I don't really consider myself as having a shoe fetish, but they're definitely an essential part of the package, along with nice hose and a flattering skirt/dress (at or above the knees pleeze). Although I do believe there is such a thing as too short when it comes to skirts, at least in public. If a woman wants to show off her legs (thank you those that do), I'd prefer something with slits rather than wearing a tube top over her bum. Although I suppose that's fine if you've got the legs and happen to be at a nightclub. <shrug> I appreciate Debbie(HK)'s website. It's very tasteful and sexy.

:smile:

Hello Stu - I've never had a job so my experience in an office environment with any regularity is rather non-existent. Dinner engagements and other social events associated with my husbands work were commonplace and most often with many of the same people, usually husbands and wives. As well might be expected the manner and style of dress varied, yet stylish with a bit of class. The heels are the point of interest in these conversations but as already noted my many contributors there's mush more. One of the things that hasn't been mentioned and is very important to me is the appearance of my hands. Long sculptured naturally shaped nails, soft unblemished skin, and appropriate jewelry (rings) and always a stylish braclet will accent the hands. I can safely say in recent years I've spent a lot more money on my hands and hair than I have on high heels. Personality has been mentioned and surely, without question, individual to individual it will shine through. Visual observation is most often the first impression we get of someone. Personally, I believe the way we present ourselves to the eye of others to some degree reflects our personality. Obviously to what extent will vary from person to person. Example, my hair is styled with very long thick bangs which nearly cover my eys and close around my face in a bob or page style with the sides longer in front and softly curled under my chin. If I move my head in a way that my hair falls over my eyes you won't see me pushing it aside. I'll see the world through my hair until it moves back to it's styled shape as I move my head. It's just me. I believe it's Laurieheels who has mentioned it and I'm much the same, I get a lot more comments about my hair then I do about my heels. The manner in which I move and walk in the very high heels is incredibly important to me as it is a reflection of myself. The motion of my silhouette must be a balance on the smallest of pedistals, my vertical feet. That's what I studied, that's what I strived for, that's me. The list of subtle things with style and class is endless. A narrow knee length skirt with a wide belt buckled in back, a gold chain ankle braclet with a second attached chain that wraps under the shoe in front of the high heel, a wide cuff braclet with a "matching" wide ring on the same hand, a nicely fitted blouse with a bold collar, ......... Most importantly, the expression on ones face. Susan

Hello All, First of all, even though I'm a new member to this board, I have read most of the listings and I'd like to say welcome back to Susan. My best to you and Jasmine for your futures. I hope you stay and offer your insights. :grin: As much as I admire a woman in heels, I have to say that the personality is the most important aspect of a person. Between eating habits, lifestyle changes, accidents, and surgery ( normal as well as cosmetic ) a person's body can be changed pretty drastically. That doesn't work the same way for a person's personality. After a certain age, it is pretty well set, and maybe 5 - 15 % can be changed if they really want to change it and they devote a lot of hard work towards changing it. I'd take an cute or average girl that maybe only rarely wears high heels ( a shame and maybe a hardship on me ) anyday over a dropdead gorgeous model that wears high heels all the time, if the cute/average girl and I clicked personality wise much better that the gorgeous lady. You need to look for the inner beauty, and not just at the outer beauty. :smile: Sometimes it does match, but other times, as in nature beauty, it is the sign of something very deadly and for intelligent animals to stay far away from.

"What a wonderful thing it is to receive a smile from a beautiful lady"

Yesterday I saw a beautiful young lady in The Hague Central Station. She must have been around 18 and from a Turkish or Moroccan background, with an exotic tan en raven black hair just over her shoulders. She wore a thin summer dress - in soft brown and orange colors - that followed the curves of her body smoothly. And as I walked by, I couldn't help looking down her shapely legs to a pair of stylish 2" mules. She looked stunning.

As I looked up she caught me look, and for an infinite moment we looked each other in the eye. She smiled and I smiled - a one-second paradise. Then I walked past her, never looking back. But I can tell you, I was smiling still :smile:

I visited here for the first time in a while and was pleasantly surprised to see this topic had been resurrected. Susan, it's great to have you back. I hope you are doing well. Your presence has been sorely missed at Jenny's forum. I look forward to communicating with you and reading more of your thoughts here. All the different takes on personality vs. outer appearance are interesting. There is truth to what everyone has been saying. If the woman is a friend, co-worker or acquaintance, then personality certainly becomes important. In general, the more contact you have with someone, the greater importance personality plays over all other aspects of a person. However, I am often in the same position as Darkstar, in which I may be see a woman briefly without ever having the chance to know her. In those circumstances, I simply appreciate the woman in the only way I can -- by admiring her outer appearance and style.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a shame to let this topic die with so many well thought out, real to life, and understanding posts by the contributors. We can all "look" at the same thing and "see" something different in other's and how we ourselves are perceived. I can only use myself as an example. (I get in trouble everytime I do this, but so be it) I'm a little woman (a blink less than 5') and I don't have some of the physical traits which are often considered attractively feminine, long legs, long neck, etc. I will say I'm reasonably well portioned for my height. Now, I'm going to move directly from that to the "perceived" or "observed" personality issue. In my posts I often speak of narrow knee length skirts with no walking slit and fitted well styled blouses. There is a reason, and it's my size. Loose, pleated, or un-defined clothes make my short frame appear shorter and "broader". ;-( Take the example of a walking slit in a narrow knee length skirt. For me there isn't much skirt to start with so a slit of any signifigance would be long enough to go to "there", if you know what I mean. A skirt with a slit to "there" is "not" the personality I want to portray. My skirts have no walking slit and depending on how they're cut, my small size makes the hem incredibly narrow. The skirt allows little movement of my upper legs which requires an acquired manner of walk, motion, and limitations I pleasantly accept. Two totally different perceptions, each with a totally different reflection of a personality. I believe it was Tony who asked how I thought my hair style reflected my personality. First, I'm not happy with some of my facial features but I'm told, and I believe, I have attractive eyes. My hair style brings the attention to my eyes. Secondly, the style and the care of my hair gives it a lot of life, bounce and swing. My hair-dresser calls it perky. With my every movement, a smile, "perky" hair style teasing my accented eyes, is in part I hope a reflection of my personality. The same is true for the "manner" I speak of in the very high heels. In that manner, during any movement of my body, both heel tips will never touch the floor at the same time. The effect, is an emphasis of my silhouette balanced and pivotal in motion on the end of my vertical feet, accented by the style of my shoes. Again, it is my hope to be seen as a woman pleasantly content, carefree with distinction and achieved polish. A woman with a love of life attitude, a reflection of my personality. The comments of Phoenix, Stu, Darkstar, and honestly everyone else were surely refreshing and each added something possitive to the topic. I'm well aware my encounters on the forums have made a bit of an impression of my personality. (As long as we're talking personalities.) :-) That's OK, just as long as each word was read as it was written and heard in a soft voice. Just as I or anyone else cannot control how someone perceives what they see, we can't control how what is said is perceived either. We all have our likes, dislikes, preferences, and so forth. That will never change. Personally, I don't want to be admired, I don't want to be called sexy, I don't want to be approached "because" of my heels or the way I'm dressed. I want to be FRIENDS, meet new people and become new FRIENDS because I'm "me". Susan

Personally, I don't want to be admired, I don't want to be called sexy, I don't want to be approached "because" of my heels or the way I'm dressed. I want to be FRIENDS, meet new people and become new FRIENDS because I'm "me".

Susan

Well, Susan, ther's nothing you can do about it if people find you attractive. Is it for your hair, your eyes or heels - whtaever the reason is. Your personal character is closely tied both to the way you dress and behave.

Actually is is the problem of beautiful women - men notice their character secondly after "external shell" :smile:

HH forever!

Spotting nice shoes is an art, because it's sometimes like finding a needle in a haystack. Some of my favourite techniques are these: 1. Carriage hopping. On the underground trains in London, if you can't see any interesting styles in one carriage, you hop out, and dodge into the next one at a station. 2. Platform walking. Go down the length of the platform and back to where people are coming on to filter the best styles available. 3. Train sifting. On a longer journey, you walk down the train, taking a seat opposite or in the same area as a girl with nice shoes. 4. A variation on the above if you have spare time. Sit on a platform seat watchinghthe crowds filtering by and boarding the train. When you see some decent heels, join in behind and follow the lady to sit in the same general area. Before anyone thinks I'm off my head, I don't spend any extra time on these activities, only doing it to pass the time on journeys.

My method is to drive a Securicor 17 ton Curtain-Sider through the business district of London. Job done! 1. You have the perfect excuse to drive slow, in fact, the avarage speed is around 2mph. 2. So many pretty girls in heels of all descriptions you don't know which way to look! 3. You're getting paid £x per hour to do it! Hands up anyone else who has the perfect job!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Not bad, but when I'm travellng through London on business, I'm also getting paid £x an hour. Liverpool Street Station picks up the city ladies rather nicely. Luckily, we have some big contracts with Tower Hamlets Borough :grin: I prefer spotting on foot as it gives you more time to see a pair you like and don't have to worry about driving the car/lorry. I've nearly had an accident a couple of times heel spotting from cars even when the traffic is 2mph, so I don't tend to do it now :smile:

Hello Stellah - I completely agree with you. In re-reading my post, one of my comments was poorly phrased. When I said "I don't want....", I meant I don't particularly want those things to be the "result" of how other's respond to my dress and manner. If someone finds a sense of pleasant appeal, or admiration, in how I present myself, that's fine and I surely appreciate it. Actually it's quite satisfying but only in the proper context. Again, using myself as an example, a "one time" visual observaion of me by an admirer is limited. For all he or she knows as soon as I get home I'll kick off my heels, change to what is known as "comfortable" clothes and put on a pair of athletic shoes. They would very well probably expect me to do just that. My character or personality to some extent would be established in their mind based on that premise. Obviously time is an essential part of even a casual observation of someone's personality. Again, as an example, all three of my children have gone to the same high school. Every football game, baseball game, concert, every school function I've attented I presented myself in the same manner, appropriate but nice clothes and always the heels. The point I'm making is those people have a much more profound impression and even expection of my personality based on how I present myself. Not only that but from continued acquaintance they "know" me. :-) Susan

That's really a very nice picture Stellah. Thanks for finding and posting. I don't know if you can always tell a lot if a woman wears heels. I'd probably agree with you in the majority of cases though, but some women honestly just wear heels for extra height if they are short, or for entirely fashion reasons, or because it's expected. Quite distinct from their pesonality. Certainly if a girl is above average height, say 5' 4" plus, and she still wears heels, then that removes the first reason, and it's far more likely she genuinely likes wearing them.

Yes, we love wearing heels, those of us above 5'4" who wear them... *boggle* Who cares about height, the shoes are a conversation piece. My mother can tell anyone who I am now with two things. Blonde, in very high heels. Everyone knows who I am with that description. If someone has seen me, they'll know exactly who is being talked about. My mother did that to me today, she called the wrong number by accident, and the person at work had to come by and say hi afterwards. Heels define a person quite well.