annoyance

new_look

just reading a reply to a post amanda snake made re men wearing heels affecting women etc. what is it about women assuming men somehow are incapable of wearing heels to as reasonable an effort as women. end of the day we all have legs designed very similar, with sufficient practice im sure any man coud walk just as well as any woman in heels. also to add, theres plenty of women that you see on the street stumbling along in heels obviously too high and who cant wear their heels without bending their knees!!

• Like 1

I don't want to comment on remarks made in a place we're not allowed to get involved with, but I will comment on your remarks; ;)

I can't see that women are going to be predisposed to walking in heels, any more than a men. The main, easily recognised difference, is of course opportunity. If girls get a 10 year head-start, that's 10 years of being able to practice that may not have been available to most men. In that 10 years, there would certainly have been periods of months or even years when every shoe they put on their feet, could have been heeled. That potentially is circa 3000 hours per year more practice, than an equivilent male would have had. For that reason I can understand someone believing men don't walk as well in heels as their female counter-part.

That said, 33% of the girls/women I notice wearing heels, don't walk very well in them. And that is 33% of the (possibly) 15% total females I see each day.

[Put more directly, 15% of the females I see might be wearing heels. Of that 15%, a third of them can't walk in their heels very well.]

At the moment I try to walk about a mile each day in 4" heels. I'd try higher, but where would I get higher for sensible money? They've got to be inexpensive because walking on any sort of asphalt (pavement) is wrecking my boots.

It's a bit of a sweeping statement, - so should be avoided - but most women don't like wearing heels like they used to. The old style glamour is now missing from going out these days, sadly. :cool1:

just reading a reply to a post amanda snake made re men wearing heels affecting women etc.

what is it about women assuming men somehow are incapable of wearing heels to as reasonable an effort as women. end of the day we all have legs designed very similar, with sufficient practice im sure any man coud walk just as well as any woman in heels.

also to add, theres plenty of women that you see on the street stumbling along in heels obviously too high and who cant wear their heels without bending their knees!!

Read "Don't worry girls" that I posted a couple days ago.

real men wear heels

With regard to the notion that men can't walk in heels, I'd point out to the poster who claimed that that if you watch the reality show "America's Next Top Model", "Miss Jay", a man, teaches the female contestants how to walk in heels. My wife has even commented that I walk better in heels than she does. I suppose if a guy has never worn heels before then the knees will bend and he won't walk well, but I think any wearer would run into the same problem regardless of gender.

i can see why people 'assume' women get more practice, however ive a very minimal outside heeling hours clock with nowhere near as much 'practice' as women get through school teens works clubbing etc and i would say i can manage to walk in heels as good as most women out there. All the blokes i met on the previous heelmeets im sure dont have the practice of women but all seemed to walk perfectly fine in heels without bending any knees ill add. its down to the individual. some girls complain 2in heels are too high, i see it on ebay all the time, and some men would struggle to master the art in the same way those particular women cant. Also millions of girls wear heels and look good in them everyday, and i know of many men who can easily wear heels too. this in mins my original point still stands as to why women are always stating like the post i mentioned and on the fashion boards that 'men cant or couldnt walk in heels' - well they can. 'men couldnt cope wearing them all day' - weve all got feet the same why not, men are generally heavier but are normally stronger... plus there are heavy women in heels too......so why is that an issue. 'men in heels bend their knees' well i certainly dont unless heels are like abouve 5inches, and neither did any of the chaps on the heelmeet. peace

I wonder what the discussion will be after men have high heeled socially as much as women in a given period of time. Perhaps better relations can be achieved, once both are having the same experiences trying to negotiate their walking in stilettoes. I still maintain that women will alway have the attractive department more in their favor at looking good when wearing high heels. It's to early to predict where men will appear in the looks department, but as male heeling become more common, a closer evaluation can be achieved. Is it true that in the past women have been known to subtlely compete among their groups on the difference aspects of high heel wearing, such as: wearing the highest, wearing the sexiest, enduring the longest, and etc.? I would not be surprised if men were to compete in like manner as they become mainstreamed into wearing high heels. What would that conversation be like around the watercooler or lunch break?

I would not be surprised if men were to compete in like manner as they become mainstreamed into wearing high heels. What would that conversation be like around the watercooler or lunch break?

You only have to see some of the threads in these very forums to verify the fact that there will be competition among men over their heels ;)

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• 2 months later...

I think women might have a bit of a head start on men as far as wearing high heels. Most girls will at least try them when they are young knowing that they will probably wear them in the future on some occasions. Men who wear high heels possibly started late and maybe haven't worn them early on in their lives like women have. But, like anything else, practice makes perfect. The more you walk in high heels, the better and more confident you become in them.