Why do we want to wear heels in public?

Thighbootguy

With the assumption that a discussion forum is to encourage discussion and exchange ideas let me pose the following question: Why do we (guys) want to go out in public wearing heels and or boots that the majority of folks think are designed for women? I enjoy wearing boots with heels especially thigh boots and I also enjoy wearing a skirt now and again. I like the looks of the boots and the skirts and I find them very comfortable to wear. I enjoy wearing these items in the privacy of my home. As far as my desire to wear boots with heels and skirts, wearing them at home satisfies that desire. However, I also enjoy wearing them out in public and I suspect others on this board share that enjoyment. That desire, to go out in public wearing heels and or skirts, is different than the desire to just wear heels and skirts at home. There is a different high that is generate by going out. The question is, what is there about going out in heels (or skirts) that is so enjoyable that we buck societal pressure to do it? The question is not why do we wear heels or skirts, but why do we want to wear them in public?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

well, off-hand I'd say that it showing the world that we (as MEN) can look good in heels (esp. boots!) & that it shows to a lot of other people (more than you might suspect) that we have the GUTS, BALLS, GUMPTION- call it what you like to SHOW the world out there that you can feel GOOD about your self in ANY way you like, and to me it quite clearly shows that a foot is simply a foot on ANY gender of human being, what YOU decide to put it in is YOUR bussiness & YOUR right!;)

For me , it's not so much about the excitement of wearing them in public as it's just simply the excitement of wearing heels all the time for me. I have a passion for heels that is burning 24-7 inside of me. I just love wearing heels mainly because of all the different styles and colors. I love the way they feel. Good????

real men wear heels

Some of us find the urge inexplicable, but an urge it certainly is, and if in public, then many guys have posted to say it's very exciting and very liberating! We're only on this planet once, so if you wanna do it, then do it! Don't let the girls have all the fun! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have always wanted to wear certain styles of the footwear that has been labeled for feminine wear. When I wore them, they helped to satisfy an inner need to have them on and I really liked their look and the way they felt on my feet. I didn't care for the masculine styling society said I had to wear. So when the secret opportunities to wear my desired styles came around, you can be assured I was very much a participant. However, it was in secret because I didn't want the perceived social repercussions.

Now the social climate seems to be rippening to accept male heelers more than ever before. I have longed for this time to openly be able to wear high stiletto heels in public venues with some degree of acceptance. Of course, the more heelers there are, the easier it gets for the social adaptation to the idea of men wearing any kind of high heels.

I'd like to wear them because I always found them attractive, and what we have to pick from is so mediocre compared to what women have available. They look nice, I like they way they make me feel, and maybe some part of it is the "taboo" aspect of it; guys aren't "supposed" to wear them. Obviously women don't wear them because they are practical, but because they are attractive.

I get a thrill everytime I wear heels out and love to be noticed, though not by a gang of rowdy men ;o) I've had a few compliments from ladies and that really is something else! It's such an ego and confidence boost when a lady says she likes you in heels and that you look good. I don't think I've ever been complimented by a woman I didn't know at any other time in my life, for any reason, so that's great. And the thing is, they really mean it. I've got some trips out in the next few weeks and I plan to wear some really nice, sexy heels. I can hardly wait!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

For me it's just because I like them, the way they feel on my feet. Wearing them around the house just isn't enough, I need to integrate them into my normal life to get more heel-time. That means going out in public.

Have a happy time!

Why wear heels in public? For me, it all boils down to simple enjoyment, how women's shoes affects my senses in three distinct ways:

Sight: The styling of women's shoes, namely classic, pointy toed pumps and how they look so sleek on my feet. At times when out and about, it's difficult not to look at myself when I've got heels on.

Sound: The captivating, almost hypnotizing click-clack sound of spike heels on tile floors, wood floors or pavement. That wonderfully sharp sound excites me in ways I can't describe and I love it immensely.

Feel: The almost decadent caress of a genuine leather pump and the way it embraces my foot is extremely stimulating, and increased my overall enjoyment of wearing women's shoes exponentially.

Of course, the thrill of feeling taller (not that I need that at 6-2 in my bare feet), of breaking society's restrictions on what men can or can't wear in public just gives me the impetus and desire to blaze my own path when it comes to fashion freedom. And, lastly----it's just so much fun!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Why wear heels in public? For me, it all boils down to simple enjoyment, how women's shoes affects my senses in three distinct ways:

Sight: The styling of women's shoes, namely classic, pointy toed pumps and how they look so sleek on my feet. At times when out and about, it's difficult not to look at myself when I've got heels on.

Sound: The captivating, almost hypnotizing click-clack sound of spike heels on tile floors, wood floors or pavement. That wonderfully sharp sound excites me in ways I can't describe and I love it immensely.

Feel: The almost decadent caress of a genuine leather pump and the way it embraces my foot is extremely stimulating, and increased my overall enjoyment of wearing women's shoes exponentially.

Of course, the thrill of feeling taller (not that I need that at 6-2 in my bare feet), of breaking society's restrictions on what men can or can't wear in public just gives me the impetus and desire to blaze my own path when it comes to fashion freedom. And, lastly----it's just so much fun!!

JeffB

AMEN

i like wearing heels, i like the way they feel, and even though i've just recently gone street heeling, i did it because i really love the sensation of wearing them and i would love to wear them all day, no matter what other people may or may not think about it, it may also have to do with the fact that high heeled shoes have more design in them, they really have cool colors and materials.

Sight: The styling of women's shoes ... it's difficult not to look at myself when I've got heels on.

Sound: That wonderfully sharp sound excites me...

Feel: The almost decadent caress of a genuine leather pump

Now, what I would add to JeffB's comment is let's not forget women's boots, especially the tight tailored kind (stiletto preferred). That is an additional sensation beyond just the pump!!

It's all about the heel!

• 3 weeks later...

jmc, JeffB, and high 55... Sight, sound, feel, shape, design, posture, feelings, color, fashion... All of the above. Please, I don't like smug and I don't like being smug. But when I wear high heels in public with my coordinated suit, I almost feel like I'm on display and the spotlight is on me. I don't do it, but I want to wave and say high to everyone I see. It's just simply a new felt freedom.;)

Why do we want to wear heels in public? Why it's just to get more air time..............;)

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!