If guys start wearing stilettos everyday

Amanda

i just dont see it ever becoming mainstream with most guys,i mean, the damn things are not all that functional or comfortable. the only way it would happen is if acted as an aphrodisiac on the ladies,then they would be lined up out the door clamoring for them!!

You never know! Many women are obsessed with their heels and I'm sure that they could just as well be attracted and obsessed with ours (as we are with theirs - otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum)!! ;)

It's all about the heel!

Well first to Amanda. Fear Not! Women will always have the power! .....You will always have the power so embrace a gent who enjoys wearing heels! After all it's only a shoe! An article of clothing! No one get's hurt or threatened!

Rick: I fully agree. Once women understand that we're not competing with them, it's not a power struggle. It's simply one form of self-expression, not that different from ear-piercings.....

I highly doubt that heels on men would become "mainstream" across the whole male spectrum.

Dan

I am in an agreeable mood.;) I agree with 5.5Thrill. I too am a man! And I too love to wear high heels, especially in public. I agree with Shock Queen. The stereotypes must be broken because there is nothing wrong with men wearing high heels. I remember the 70's when both a man and a woman might be on a date wearing virtually the same clothing: bell bottoms, silk shirts, and platform high heels. And I agree with RHTRick that the feminimity of a woman is all so powerful. I am so glad stiletto heels have made a come back and I am so glad to see so many women wearing them. But as a man I must ask...can we play too? I wear men's suits, fedora hats, and 3 to 5 inch spike heels...even in public. I guarentee that I won't threaten the feminimity of any woman. Ninanoora, I too can walk in 4 or 5 inch heels without bending my knees. But I must confess, I have two pairs of pumps with 6 inch heels and I do bend my knees when I walk in them. I don't wear them very often any more. I have enjoyed all of the comment expressed on this subject. Please feel free to express your opinions on my comments. :cool1:

actually ive just read the question again... what IF men wore heels every day.... well i do, every day, all the time.... what would women think? well it just gives my lady a reason to buy more heels without needing to justify it to her man... now ladies, find a heel loving man and you'll never have to worry again !!!

Hey thedesigner, Great idea, just as long as we share the buying equally and stick to a budget of not overspending our incomes and expenses. Putting a sizeable amount of funds away for just such a buying spree or other emergencies wouldn't hurt, either.

last i recalled.. heels started as men's wear.. then.. both genders enjoyed them.. then.. women took over! personally.. women will always look hotter in heels than men will ever.. but that is just my personal opinion. as for the skill.. i have won a bet back in my day for who could outwalk the other in heels and do it well. men can and do wear heels just as skillfully as women (but not all men.. and certainly not all women do it better than guys). will heels ever be mainstream for guys.. not any time soon. so don't worry. and will women loose their impact and power in heels.. not unless all guys stopped enjoyeing women (for those who do that is). i will always want to see a woman in heels. i more fear women dropping heels from their wardrobe and adopt men's clothing more than men wearing heels! that to me is more likely to happen. at that point.. men's clothing won't loose their power.. it's just that women won't look attractive (clothing wise) to me anymore. RPM p.s. no need to worry.. women have ruled in heels for centuries because they do it so much sexier.. why else did we give up heels to women? (said jokingly). and one more thing.. i've seen men who can walk and live in heels with far greater skill, comfort, ease than most women i know!!! and you'd never know unless you looked at their feet that they were in super tall heels. however.. the silhouette(sp) is not the same as if it was a woman (keeping clothing identical)

How on earth will we retain that exciting sexy edge over them in our appearance?.

Will our shoes lose their power?.

That's what I would like to know.

Guys can already have long hair, earrings and tight jeans and in Scotland and Fiji they've been wearing skirts for ages already.

Surely this is the last bastion of femininity? ;)

Amanda,

You Ladies will never loose your exciting and sexy edge over us guys. Guaranteed.

But, if guys start wearing stilettos everyday, then the shoe menders will rub their hands together in glee at all that extra work for them in replacing the heel tips.

:cool1: Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

But, if guys start wearing stilettos everyday, then the shoe menders will rub their hands together in glee at all that extra work for them in replacing the heel tips.

;) Simon.

Not to mention the shoe manufacturers who will see the potential for oodles of extra income from selling larger sizes to the guys as well!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Amanda,

You Ladies will never loose your exciting and sexy edge over us guys. Guaranteed.

;) Simon.

Or maybe men will just do that themselves. It's really not that hard.

a proliferation of shoemenders ? what a load of cobblers !!!!! (english joke, sorry folks) block heels would be feasilbe for mainstream, staffs (staffordshire bull terriers, de riguer with the proletariat english youths) would pull the same stiletto wearing english youths over..... but, cos i dont have a staff, stilettos pour moi !! hang on tho.....