If guys start wearing stilettos everyday

Amanda

How on earth will we retain that exciting sexy edge over them in our appearance?. Will our shoes lose their power?. That's what I would like to know. Guys can already have long hair, earrings and tight jeans and in Scotland and Fiji they've been wearing skirts for ages already. Surely this is the last bastion of femininity? ;)

Ladies, i've moved this thread into the "Everybody" forum as your thread is somewhat "taunting" for guys to reply to it, and its not based on "Girls wearing heels" which is what the girls forum is actually for. I shall also merge every response to this thread too as its creating a mess.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Cheeky

Ladies, i've moved this thread into the "Everybody" forum as your thread is somewhat "taunting" for guys to reply to it, and its not based on "Girls wearing heels" which is what the girls forum is actually for.

I shall also merge every response to this thread too as its creating a mess.

How on earth will we retain that exciting sexy edge over them in our appearance?.

Will our shoes lose their power?.

That's what I would like to know.

Guys can already have long hair, earrings and tight jeans and in Scotland and Fiji they've been wearing skirts for ages already.

Surely this is the last bastion of femininity? ;)

IMHO, true femininity is not something that a woman wears, but rather, something she IS. Of course, I enjoy watching and being with women who are well dressed, well heeled, and properly made-up. Who wouldn't? But while clothing and shoes and other accessories may enhance the female image, if that's all she has going for her, then she really hasn't got all that much.Therefore, IMO, true femininity has to be something that originates from within the woman and radiates outward, not what she has on.

Of course, the same can be said about men and masculinity. It's really not what he has on, or the abs he developed at the gymn. What's more, if that is all a woman sees, then she is be rather shallow too. I would hope that all men would take pride in their appearance, but that outward appearance is not really what the man is about.

Therefore, in the final analysis, the clothing and shoes are really just props to help enhance a person's appearance or image. :cool1:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

How on earth will we retain that exciting sexy edge over them in our appearance?.

Guys can already have long hair, earrings and tight jeans and in Scotland and Fiji they've been wearing skirts for ages already.

Surely this is the last bastion of femininity?

[Previously self-deleted when I found I'd posted in the 'girls only' forum ...]

Whatever a man wears, there are two pieces of 'on-board' attire a woman possesses, he will always struggle to emulate. :cool1:

I'm sure the question was raised to be provocative, as was the comment regarding men not being able to wear heels. I have some 5.5" heels I can wear, and walk with straightened knees. And I've only been back into heels for 2 months. ;)

Ritchie:

Thanks for moving this thread somewhere it can 'legally' be addressed. :wave:

Ritchie:

Thanks for moving this thread somewhere it can 'legally' be addressed. ;)

"Legally" ??? We dont have laws here buddy, just "guidelines" to keep things kinda organised, but i know what you mean....

Sorry, back to scheduled programming....

Guys cant wear / walk with them without bending their knees. in most cases, and it looks just funny. ;)

I beg to differ. Not to sound like an old fart, but I've been wearing heels longer than you've been alive (if that is your actual age) and I can indeed walk in heels as high as five inches without bending my knees. And I'm quite proud of that! HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I beg to differ. Not to sound like an old fart, but I've been wearing heels longer than you've been alive (if that is your actual age) and I can indeed walk in heels as high as five inches without bending my knees. And I'm quite proud of that! HA!

Well said Jeff! Besides, women have had a big head start in the heel department. But us blokes are catching up! ;)

Guys cant wear / walk with them without bending their knees. in most cases, and it looks just funny. ;)

This statement is completely wide of the mark. I'd agree that some guy who tries them on just for a laugh for the first time may appear like that, and I think this is all you have experienced, judgeing by your comment.

You can always point me picture where your standing in your 4-5inch heels. HA ! And I said it in most cases, men dont know how to walk with stilettoes, and i could say same from some women. ;) Yes right, its about experience, I've been wearing heels since i turned 13. so about 12 years of experience for me. And yes its my actual age. im 25. P.S. Dont take it too seriously, i guess i was provocating a bit.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

As I have commented in other posts - wearing heels is a choice! I enjoy wearing heels and why shouldnt I?? I only hope that men wearing heels becomes more and more acceptable so that the fear / anxiety associated with it (to me at least) becomes a thing of the past! Anyway - woman wear trousers and flats! ;)

Well OK, Nina, I will let you off then ;)

I've got about 25 years experince walking in heels outside. There are a few pics of me on the web too.

http://freespace.virgin.net/firey.fox/firefox.gif

http://freespace.virgin.net/firey.fox/birm3.jpg

Most of the guys at the heel meet were experts in heels. A3 for example can walk around in ballet boots, and I mean walk quite naturally, not stagger. He wore them for four hours at Torture Garden; very impressive and not something I could do, or indeed women either. How are your ballet boot skills? :cool1:

Well OK, Nina, I will let you off then ;)

I've got about 25 years experince walking in heels outside. There are a few pics of me on the web too.

http://freespace.virgin.net/firey.fox/firefox.gif

http://freespace.virgin.net/firey.fox/birm3.jpg

Most of the guys at the heel meet were experts in heels. A3 for example can walk around in ballet boots, and I mean walk quite naturally, not stagger. He wore them for four hours at Torture Garden; very impressive and not something I could do, or indeed women either. How are your ballet boot skills? :wave:

Impressive B) nice boots and they really look good on you too, you wear them well, gives a bit like rocker look :) Women are propably running after you, like fire under firefox's tail :cool1: heh

About ballet boots, I havent tried, but i danced ballet as kid until i got fed up at the teacher and switched to jazz dance. :) I think with bit of practise i could walk with them, but it would be far off from enjoying it.

Highest heeled shoes i have are 18 cm, with 2-3 cm platform.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

I have a couple vids somewhere here you can look up if you like of me walking in 4to 5" heels. I do not bend my knees. I would not go out in public if I didn't walk with full confidence. All the girls Ishow these little quick fliks to get very jealous of me because I walk better than any woman they have ever seen in heels. Not bragging, I guess I'm just a natural and maby work at it a little harder than some. I'm sure I can say that for every guy here.

real men wear heels

Firstly- one of the things I love about this place is that the women here embrace their femininity. I'm getting a bit fed up of some of the "feminists" I've had to deal with later that are basically turning themselves into mini-men and then telling me off for being girly (yes, I realise, not all feminists are like that, just the ones I've encountered recently). But to the actual topic: I don't think men can ever actually steal femininity from us. Yes, I have encountered some transvestite/transgendered individuals who I sometimes feel make extremely good women, however I don't think most men who wear heels are aiming to be feminine- unless you boys want to tell me otherwise? I think the majority of feminine attributes are ingrained as part of being female, and so men would have to work awfully hard to "steal" them.

I like being a man. I also like wearing HIGH HEELS.

Being feminine is not what it is about. It is, for me, about the feeling of heels under me, the choices I have with heels that I don't with 'man' shoes, the thrill of the sound as I walk, and the towering height over my wife when I give her a hug XOXOXO. It is alot of fun and, I walk well in heels.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

towering height over my wife when I give her a hug XOXOXO. It is alot of fun and, I walk well in heels.

That's one thing that bothers me about it, I prefer to tower over the guys.

I'm quite happy with that.

Surely this is the last bastion of femininity? ;)

Since Richie has moved this thread to this location, would it be possible to combine it with Johnieheel's thread: "Don't Worry Girls", because it is the first thread that was created in reply to this one.

Since Richie has moved this thread to this location, would it be possible to combine it with Johnieheel's thread: "Don't Worry Girls", because it is the first thread that was created in reply to this one.

I could do, it should all still make sense if merged together......?

Well first to Amanda. Fear Not! Women will always have the power! Your feet, legs and bottom will and can never really compare to a males! Granted, men often have shapely legs but not like that of a real woman! (sigh!) A woman's foot is shaped with a high arch as it is and when wearing heels they are stunning and oh so sexy! A woman's bottom has a certain shape and angle that is second to none! You will always have the power so embrace a gent who enjoys wearing heels! After all it's only a shoe! An article of clothing! No one get's hurt or threatened! Ninanoora, I understand what you are saying about the walking in heels however, I, like many gents who so enjoy wearing heels can and do walk absolutely normally in them! No knee bent. There are those in both sexes from what I witnessed that do though! The great part for guys is, that certain manufacturer's like Pleaser for example make the shoe with a soul/heel one piece so the weight going on the heel will not bend or break the heel making it so much easier for a gent to walk in! I have about 14 pairs of different heels and I wish that more women's shoe companies would make larger sizes up to 15. I love peep toe and in a wide they are near impossible to find!

This is a good question. If guys started wearing stilettos every day, then eventually it would make it into the mainstream, and manufacturers may catch onto this. To repeat what has been said many times now, it's just something for the world to get used to - same with earrings and nail polish - they are just accessories to our bodies and enhance what we already have. There is nothing wrong with guys in heels. I've seen it time and time again that they can be worn well, and help guys make their appearances even sharper than before. It's just this brick-wall stereotype that keeps getting in the way, and we need that sledgehammer or wrecking ball to tear it down! It's been in recent years that we've seen sizes going up to 12 and 13 in some mainstream stores, and some over the catalogs/internet go to 14, 15, and even 17! Why would they make them this big if they didn't think SOMEone wasn't gonig to wear them? The truth is out there.........and we're wearing it!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!