Heels in the winter mess

Adeana

OK. Just wondering who here, and what kind of heels anyone would dare wear out in the snow, freezing rain, and 8 degree temperatures? That is...in Pittsburgh, PA USA, Earth. I did wear a pretty decent pair of heels today and wondereed what everyone else might have worne as their regular heels, or just for fun. I am off tomorrow and I think I'll wear some fun heels just for fun in this mess...you know?

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I'm from Chicago, and I have the same mess. Picture a whole bunch of snow and rain. Well, what I wear are stilleto 3.5" boots with a rubber sole bottom, therefore, they are not very slippery when it comes to the ice. I think it's fun, cause other know something is different about me when they see me walking.

if it has a heel on it, my wife is in boots in the winter mess.. and it's a weekend. no more than 4 inch though. other than that.. she's in flats (sneakers, boots, or something like it). the only exception to that rule is to make me happy. she'll put on her 5 inch to drive in the winter mess only because i like seeing a woman in heels when driving (no matter the situation.. but the tougher the situation.. the more i appreciate it). so far though, this year.. she's not done her driving in heels (partly because she doesn't drive much and takes the train more than anything) RPM p.s. how did you fair in the mess Adeana?

northeast Ohio is a mess in the winter... the weather just won't make up its damn mind. All that lake effect..

And what part of NE Oh. are you from? I'm also in NE OH.

Our numbers are growing around the NE from Chicago to Canton , Columbus, Pittsburgh to name a few. Ma by this summer or spring we can all meet at a central location for a small heel meet.

real men wear heels

well out here in southern Calif, its getting colder for us (not compared to the east coast where some of you guys live, hey- cold enough) but only up in the moutains is there any app. snow to seen, as for myself I live down on the coast (about 5 miles to be exact) so it can get damp.

Our numbers are growing around the NE from Chicago to Canton , Columbus, Pittsburgh to name a few. Ma by this summer or spring we can all meet at a central location for a small heel meet.

I'm from the Akron area, but I go to school down in Columbus

OK. Just wondering who here, and what kind of heels anyone would dare wear out in the snow, freezing rain, and 8 degree temperatures? That is...in Pittsburgh, PA USA, Earth. I did wear a pretty decent pair of heels today and wondereed what everyone else might have worne as their regular heels, or just for fun. I am off tomorrow and I think I'll wear some fun heels just for fun in this mess...you know?

Hey Adenna,

Can you manage wearing those heels without slipping and sliding?? I have my heels on to walk to work but the slick soles don't do very well on the icy bits, even my boots are really slippery. My heels are generally ok on the flat but show them any kind of icy slope and I'm slithering all over.

How has your winter been in your heels so far?

Louise xx

I just love really high stilettos, esp. ones with gorgeous pointy toes!!

Edmonton is a real mess in winter. I don't wear my stiletto heels outside because: 1- too slippery 2- don't want to ruin the boots. I only wear stilettos if I'm going to the mall or another indoor place. Outside I have a pair of 3 inch block heel boots with a rubber sole. They are my most comfortable pair of heels as well as most masculine. I never slip in them so thats the way to go for me.

Edmonton is a real mess in winter. I don't wear my stiletto heels outside because:

1- too slippery

2- don't want to ruin the boots.

I only wear stilettos if I'm going to the mall or another indoor place.

Outside I have a pair of 3 inch block heel boots with a rubber sole. They are my most comfortable pair of heels as well as most masculine. I never slip in them so thats the way to go for me.

Sounds like one pair of my tommyhiil knee highs. 3" block heel, square toe and rubber sole. Very warm and comfy.

real men wear heels

NW Pennsylvania is a miserable place in the winter too. It's definitely not very favorable for heels or sandals. Unless the snow is real deep I'll wear some platform wedges or clogs. Can't wait for spring!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Wearing heels in the icy and snowy fall and winter months could be considered an olympic type of activity. Especially, if you have to carry things while walking around. Please be careful. The thrill of your high heeled venture may not be worth the pain of sprains, broken bones, and/or embarrassments resulting from the slipping or falling.

I wear an older pair of Candies block heel boots (4" heel) in the snow. Works out pretty well. Occasionally I have worn blade heel boots. The heel cuts in the ice so it gives some stability. I find that the problem comes more with water on the floors on buildings created by the wet snow people drag in. If you don't have any rubber or anti slip on the shoe, water on marble floors is worse than ice.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of high heeled (a little over 3 " high) with rubber soles that I wear in our inclement and unpreditable weather in Kansas. We didn't get hit this year as badly as other parts of the country.Especially from what I'm hearing from all of you.;)

yeah its great fun !! It adds another dimension to heel wearing !! Am confident now in 5" for long distances, as opposed to 4 / 4.5" so will do them regularly when out shopping.... No matter the weather !!! Actualy heels dig in better than wedges in bad weather... So all we need is 5" snow .... !!! lol

I'm here living in wintery Ireland, and today I have a pair of Oh Deer Marlins on. 4.5" heel and .5" platform. this keeps me out of the shallower puddles, but the rain and deep pudles wet me this morning and its been raining all day so I'll likely get my feet and shoes and jeans soaked on the way home tonight.

I'm here living in wintery Ireland, and today I have a pair of Oh Deer Marlins on. 4.5" heel and .5" platform. this keeps me out of the shallower puddles, but the rain and deep pudles wet me this morning and its been raining all day so I'll likely get my feet and shoes and jeans soaked on the way home tonight.

Fun fun fun! Puddle jumping! Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa! ;)

real men wear heels

This would make three of us from NE Ohio.... on the same thread! ;)

With Adeana only two hours away in Pittsburgh.

Sounds like a heel meet to me, too.

I usually stick with a block heel in the winter mess.

Dan