First steps... out!

Grand

I finally did it! After much anticipation, I went out wearing my 5” stiletto boots. The place was the Hollywood Halloween Parade on Santa Monica Blvd, a couple of weeks ago. Considering how many weird outfits & stilettos were on hand in Hollywood, my own outfits (tight Levis, black Polo shirt) certainly seemed pretty conservative. Actually, I couldn’t even get close to the parade itself. Parking was awful! I finally parked my car in an underground parking, and walked the streets of “Hollyweird” for about 30 minutes. It’s a start… Well, I was quite nervous but in the end, it was a lot of fun! Most people didn’t even noticed “that tall guy”, even though my heels were very visible. Walking wasn’t as difficult as I expected. This was indeed the first time I walked in heels on hard floor (except my kitchen I guess!). I found out that making small steps made me walk with ease. Any good Halloween experience with you guys ‘n girls?

Congratulations! Glad to hear you had a successful mission, yep the hard surface can be very different than walking around the house, cracks, drains, curbs all kinds of hazards await you but before long you will be gliding right along. Practice and practice more and you will get an eye for hazards and it will be just like walking in flats. Good luck! Sway

...I went out wearing my 5” stiletto boots.

Wow Grand. I got excited just reading your story and imagining how I would have felt had it been me. I could see this happening in San Francisco, but not LA. I guess LA has changed a lot since I left Long Beach in 1975.

I'm surprised you did not use your jeans to partially obscure your shoes. Now that's courage.

Did you get any comments? Was the parade held at night ?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

"Did you get any comments? Was the parade held at night ?" No, no comment. I saw a few confused faces from the corner of my eye, but that's it! But then again, it was "Halloween in Hollywood", so there was much more to see that day than a guy in high heels. Most of the parade was held at night, but I understand Santa Monica Blvd was already packed in the afternoon. Didn't go that far that day... I wish Halloween was every month!