What makes me annoyed

Diana High Heels

Ok, we are all people that can spot heels from a distance and also quickly measure the height mentally but, what really gets my gander up is when pictures are posted by people, more so men then woman, saying 'me in my new 7 inch heels' and clearly they are NOT, please people, be honest, its like saying, I have a 9 inch penis but in reality its only 4"! No one will disrespect you by telling the truth about your heel height as there is nothing to prove on this site. if you are a member and post then that shows you have a passion for high heels and we ALL accept that some are better then others at wearing the more extreme high heel. Size does NOT matter, its what you do with it that counts! I am more likely to be turned off a person saying I wear 6 or 7 inch heels and then send me pics of them in 4 inch because that surly shows they are deceitful and all because they want to make me happy, it does not, it just GETS MY GANDER UP!!!!

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

• 2 months later...

I guess that doesn't bother me as much as it does you. I know how high the heels are that I'm wearing. That's all that matters to me. I guess if they are happy enough to brag about their heel heights, I guess I'm happy their happy wearing high heels.

Ok, we are all people that can spot heels from a distance and also quickly measure the height mentally but, what really gets my gander up is when pictures are posted by people, more so men then woman, saying 'me in my new 7 inch heels' and clearly they are NOT, please people, be honest, its like saying, I have a 9 inch penis but in reality its only 4"! No one will disrespect you by telling the truth about your heel height as there is nothing to prove on this site. if you are a member and post then that shows you have a passion for high heels and we ALL accept that some are better then others at wearing the more extreme high heel. Size does NOT matter, its what you do with it that counts!

I am more likely to be turned off a person saying I wear 6 or 7 inch heels and then send me pics of them in 4 inch because that surly shows they are deceitful and all because they want to make me happy, it does not, it just GETS MY GANDER UP!!!!

I know what youre saying, its a bit naughty, but at least we're on the same side ! In fairness, a 6" heel in size 12 looks a lot less than a 6" heel on size 7....

As you say, it's not what you've got, its what u do with it (or them)...

When I was doing my work experience at TLSB, a fashion tutor asked for some six inch pumps for the end of year fashion shoe which were duly made and delivered the day before the show. That afternoon, she phones up and gives Spiros an enormous telling off for sending shoes with ridiculously high heels, "how do you expect my models to walk in them?" etc. I mean what did she expect? Comfy flat loafers or something? You see, a lot of people don't know the terminology and think that '7" heels' is some kind of brand name. Things that annoy me are people who bandy the word "designer" about when they don't even know who the designer is, and "oxford pump"- do they not realise that an Oxford and a Pump are entirely different styles of shoe?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Ebay high heel shoe descriptions stating they would be perfect for a crossdresser, drag quenn or transvestite!

Usually, the footwear in question is almost always something none of the above, and the rest of the wider heeling community, would be seen dead in...

I hereby nominate the above post for the "post of the week" award

If we don't have one then perhaps we should.. :roll:

pab200

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." Gerry Spence

Diana High Heels, I am wearing a pair of 6" stiletto heels as I post this reply. They are way too high for me to walk with any kind of gracefulness, but I enjoy the feel of having them on. As thedesigner intimated, if my feet were a larger size like a 15, it would feel and look like a 5" stiletto for the size I actually wear. There are other factors that need consideration and they are the construction and design of the shoe. I have worn some heels that feel higher than their height measurement is, because the slope of the sole was steeper and didn't support the arch of the foot, or the fit was too loose so that my toe ball joints were literally supporting me all the time whether standing or walking. I would like to post my annoyance with the internet sites that don't filter out their product selections when they give you the option to do so. For instance, Amazon has the option to select right down to only high heel pumps, but you still get a lot of unwanted stuff that was suppose to be taken out. It makes your browsing longer, because you have to drudge over the sandals, boots, flats, clothing, and etcetera.

Ebay high heel shoe descriptions stating they would be perfect for a crossdresser, drag quenn or transvestite!

right. I saw a pair of size 9s advertised like that once. I was like, "Seriously?"

and I can imagine how the women who truly just have a large foot must feel.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Guest Loveshiheels

I hate it as well when ebay seller's state that these shoes would suit CD etc. I would of thought that any large size woman,s shoes would be suitable for a men wanting a pair of woman's shoes.

I hate it as well when ebay seller's state that these shoes would suit CD etc. I would of thought that any large size woman,s shoes would be suitable for a men wanting a pair of woman's shoes.

Or any pair of shoes, for that matter.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

another annoyance...... back a few months.. retailers would say 5 inch heel with a half inch platform. now. .they don't. so you never know the real rise anymore. my wife got excited about a shoe that was 4.25 inch tall. but the platform was nearly an inch. she didn't believe me until trying it in the store. she was disappointed. she wanted the 4 inch rise. i hate folks who say they have 5 inchers.. and it's only 3!!!!! oh well. RPM

My guess is that most people who say "suitable for CD, crossdresser, transvestite, etc." are just using those terms as key words for people searching Ebay using those key search words. I overlook that silliness and just decide whether I'm interested based on the shoes themselves, never basing my decision on such descriptive words. I also ignore words like sexy, beautiful, awesome, lovely, fabulous, comfortable, etc. They're totally subjective. What's sexy or beautiful to the seller might not be to me. And how would the seller know if they're going to be comfortable on me? What REALLY annoys me most about Ebay sellers is poor photography - when you see a photo that's way too dark ("black cat in a coal mine with natural light") or a background that matches the shoes so they're camouflaged, or (worst of all) a pose (usually a top view) that doesn't show the heel! I usually just move on to the next item. GWL

So, Dr. Shoe, did you ever find out if they used the 6" heel shoes in the fashion show or did they wind up on the shelf?

No... he ahd to make up a batch of 4 inchers and have them cabbed over with about 30 seconds to spare! The upside is is that he got paid twice for the same order!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

right. I saw a pair of size 9s advertised like that once. I was like, "Seriously?"

and I can imagine how the women who truly just have a large foot must feel.

It's dead insulting for the transvestite, drag queen, cross-dresser or gay person that the seller is trying to imply that they haven't got the intelligence to search for shoes in their size!

well Dr shoe, I have what would be considered a "large" womens foot, perhaps known as a small mens foot @ size 9 (womens) or if you will, size 7 (mens) so I can always use womens size in the inserts (padding for comfort) since I KNOW they will always fit me well!:roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

It's dead insulting for the transvestite, drag queen, cross-dresser or gay person that the seller is trying to imply that they haven't got the intelligence to search for shoes in their size!

I do find that insulting. I,m not TV, drag queen, gay. I only seem to wear dresses for when I do photos just to get the right.

Guest Loveshiheels

Or any pair of shoes, for that matter.

Yes very true, but more men buy the larger size womens shoe then women do and I think most online sellers expect this. Can you imagine how insulted a women would feel if she saw a listing with that wording on. Enough to stop her from buying from that seller. I would think she would go else where to buy a pair of shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

Annoyed! OOOhhhh! When the term "crossdresser" is used for a guy wearing menswear from the women's line of apparel and footwear. I have purchased a few women's pant suits that looked like men's suits and no one seemed to be the wiser, because they fit so well. When women's footwear will fill the need just as well as men's, and the cost is the same or lower than the men's, the women's footwear will be probably be taken to the purchase counter. I have heard women make the same type of claim concerning men's clothing, as to fitting them better. Just because the label signifies a targeted wearer, it doesn't mean that garment or footwear won't fit out of the label's aim. If you like the item and it fits, there should be no reason you shouldn't wear it to enhance your perception of how you want to look. Of course as usual, there are limits. Women's bikini outfits may fit somewhat on men, but what would the thong part keep hidden? So, I don't see the need for the thong of a bikini at all on men. The bra part is just there anyway or it may be there to support ones cleavage, and there are a few men who could and should use them as we all know.