Anyone IMVU ???

Adeana

it's a fun avatar chat that really 'shows' some great high heels for your avatar and the interaction is fun and funny. I found it by accident and just thought I'd mention it.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

OK...I am gonna get a million ...."did you check out." but I was just wondering if anyone IMVU and I know there is probably 110000X better....

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Of course I have, being 16 and all. But I quit, only because it slowed down the computer. You almost (for me) had to focus fully on that, and do nothing else. But it was fun to have, especially for the heels ;D

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

I've been through the IMVU interface and it's OK. But Second Life is 1000 times more sophisticated. That said, I believe they are looking at expanding IMVU into new horizons, so watch this space!

I checked the IMVU, just briefly, I didnt much like the looks, its seems like its modern version of playing with dolls, dressing it up, playing with friends.

All avatars in that IMVU look like pratz dolls.

Everything costs money in that, and how your going to get it = use your credit card.

I hate idea using real money to get something virtual (non existent).

sorry about my rant :roll:

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

I can't speak for IMVU, but an account on Second Life costs 7$ a month of which you get 4$ back through 1$ a week of in game money salary. (Although you can participte for free with various limitations) I think it's good value compared to other forms of entertainment. One premier league soccer match in th UK costs over $100 to see, and only lasts 90 minutes. It could be boring goaless draw too! I don't think the idea of paying real money for virtual creations is any different to paying money for a TV channel subscription (eg Sky Sport) or tickets for a music concert. You're paying for the entertainment. After all, what you get for TV subscription is simply the facility to have pixels on your screen altered in various patterns over period of time. The action is not actually real at the point of consumption. In the case of clothes for a sim game then someone probably took many hours to design and produce realistic virtual clothes on a software package. Not much different to someone who spent many hours producing real clothing. In the final anaysis, their creations are bringing pleasure and they'd both like paying for their time. You'd rightly expect virtual clothes to be cheaper than RL ones, since you are only paying for the design and production costs, not the materials.

You got some valid good points there sir Firefox.. But I dont watch so much TV, only those public service tv channels, yes I know, you have to pay for them here in finland. like in many other countries, but so does everyone else aswell. Cinemas and video rentals are closest to same thing, but there you pay for the movie you want to see. the experience. For me its still in different category, if you buy virtual clothing, or virtual furniture, spend time with virtual friends, its lot more better to experience them in real life. Go out more and spend time with your friends.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

I agree real friends are far more important and I do spend time with them too. They are not always available for a quick half hour at lunchtime or at 2.00m in the morning when I feel like a chat, so internet friends have their place too. And since like you I watch hardly any TV at all, the interent takes the place of my time when other people would be watching TV or movies.