Perspective...

tallguyinheels

I was in the mall last night in my usual 'stealth' mode 5" heeled stiletto oxfords with long jeans. Usually I like to take a glimpse of my reflection is the store windows as I stride by, which normally gives a side or profile perspective where the heels becomes visible only at the end of a stride, that is just before lifting the foot to bring it forward. I had an opportunity though to see another perspective - head on, as I was walking toward a blacked out window store, where the stiletto is obviously visible from the front if you are far enough in front as I bring my foot forward and place the heel. Again, never any verbal comments or such, an occasional look that may or may not have directed at my feet. Just fun and comfortable heeling. I wonder if any others have noticed this interesting perspective from the front.

Not sure I'd ever be brave enough to venture out in 5" stiletto's, but just been to the Post Office, then to a garage for 'emergency' chocolate for Mrs Heelium wearing some clumpy 3 1/2" boots (with very noisy heels), not a lot of people about, but no funny glances-just as well as I'm past caring if people dissaprove or not of my choice of footwear. On topic again, I prefer the bootleg jeans look covering the heel anyway, but I'd never consided that heels may be visable from a forwards direction, I'm not sure that women take a big enough stride for this to be really noticeable on them. Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

I've noticed before and most times someone is walk straight towards me around 20m away or so. Probably because I always check to see if they're wearing heels :santa_hat: As the foot lifts up and you see light from underneath with heels theres a little flick in the middle. Its quite cool actually because you know they're wearing heels but have no idea how high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've looked at my reflection from the side and I've seem my reflection in the mirror from the side. I have never noticed from the front view. I do venture out in 5 inch high heels so I will check this out in the mirror or check it out in the reflection in a sore window. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.;)

We heelers are probably more conscious about the way we walk and how it looks than most any one else. Won't it be wonderful when we only have to be concern with is putting them on, enjoying our travels, and possibly receive compliments on our coordinated appearance?