Heels to college, at long last!

squirrelheels

I finally did it! I wore my nice 3.5in wedge loafers from Schuh to college today. The morning was fine, I had physics and a free period. Nobody noticed. Ignorant lot. At lunch we started off in the canteen but progressed outside where we were standing together, and a friend said "Have you grown or have I shrunk?!" Naturally I replied that she had shrunk, although it did spark quite a few thorough looks at my shoes. Thankfully my long jeans and the wedge heels saved me from that one... I've made a mental note not to stand too near this person again, wearing heels or not, since she's quite likely to notice, since I'm normally around her height without heels (6'1" ish). In the afternoon after lunch me and two friends (the friends I went to the pub with on Friday night) went shopping into town. By the end off this the balls of my feet were killing me, so I've decided to buy some inner soles for these shoes... makes them easier for standing in as well. Other than that a great day in heels without dressing up as an excuse! I shall definitely be doing this again! I have another shopping trip planned for this Saturday since it's my birthday, and my friend has promised me some knee high boots from Stead and Simpson... I'm quite excited :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Great to hear that everything went well for you! It may be a take a little and the people should be used to your new body height. Well, about your hurting feet - insoles can work fine, but if you wear this heels on a more regular base, the balls of your feet should get used to it....

Talking of knee high boots from Stead and Simpson - what style are those?

Joak :lol:

http://www.joak.org/

The knee highs are block heels with a <1in platform with a square toe, kinda like my loafers I bought from Steads earlier this year for my last day of term, (found here), but in a knee boot style. I'm pretty definite they're made by Shoe Express like my 5in loafers as they have the same heel/arch construction. Chances are I won't be wearing these to college... but you never know!

I've had to take my 3.5in wedge loafers off now as they gave me a blister on Friday night, I covered it up and it was ok over the weekend whilst wearing trainers (and also wearing the loafers to church last night), but wearing them all day with lots of walking round town today has made it worse, so I'm gonna have to lay off the heels for a little bit and let the blister heel (!) up... anyone got any further/differing advice as to blister treatment?

SH

Hi SQ, congratulations on your first steps to school and let me be the first one to congratulate you for your upcoming birthday. regarding the blisters, I don't know how well your new loafers fitted your feet to start with but you could have broken them in slowly instead of wearing them a full day to start with. I also suspect quite a bit of man made materials instead of leather on those wedge shoes and this combined with your weight pressing more on the ball of your feet due to the elevated heel could have been the cause of your troubles. Just take it easy till you are used to the heels and allow time for the shoes to coform to the shape of your feet. Insoles are ok if you have sufficient space vertically but otherwise will do more harm as good. The Dr Scholl gel insoles are great and last very well compared to the cheap stuff. Keep on heeling, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hi Squirrelheels,

Great to hear you went to college with your shoes.

When I read your message that you go shopping coming saturday for kneeboots in a style I saw on your page you mentioned as from Shoe-Express, reminds me of buying shoes at Shoe-Express last year in London and this year in Inverness Scotland.

They have the same shape of the toebox and heels (3 3/4") and are size 8.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are very comfortable and I've used the open shoes for driving a car, it's not that difficult.

Have you seen the boots you want to buy? Do they have a similar style heels and toebox? What price? Can you show a picture of them here?

Thanks in advance and good luck with the shopping.

Greetings, Robert

Hi Robert

Those are some nice heels you've got there! I hope they've seen plenty of use outside! Are they real leather? How much were they?

I doubt I could find any pics of the boots I found since Shoe Express don't seem to have a website. When I get them I'll take some photos of them, somehow and post them. The bottom of the boot is similar to these:

Posted Image

but obviously they're a boot, rather than a loafer! They look rather nice. I haven't tried them on yet but I've had a good look at them and I'll try them on next Saturday. Trying on shoes last weekend certainly built my confidence!

SH

I didn't think they'd be real leather. My loafers aren't, but they're still really nice shoes! And they're not too expensive either, which is the great thing. I wish we had a proper shoe express in Nottingham as well as a Stead and Simpsons! SH