Getting dressed up……work’s almost as good as Friday night out

alicia

As a business lady, I am more concerned about the footwear styles available for wear to work as well as the style of fashions. I usually invest in more high heel boots for work because these days the business needs might require footwear that are dressy especially in the admin or management . High heel boots not only show my authority position in work but also define me as a assertive person. Getting dressed up……work’s almost as good as Friday night out. The secret to effective dressing is to do it all the time. You will feel more motivated to do your best everyday.

Boot me up, Boot me down

Well, I'm jealous- I work as security, I don't have the

option of getting dressed up for work. I went out drinking last night and a few people didn't even recognise me. :santa_hat:

*hugs*

yea i know the feeling, im friends with all the security guards at the place i work just about. they like to complain as well, specially about some of the unbelievably stupid policies we have, and trust me, we have plenty.. but i guess thats life.. i know one of the girls.. omg the uniforms just dont do her justice.

Haha, my uniform is second-hand, and my shirt is an XL- the shoulder seams are practically at my elbows!! Thankfully new ones have been ordered, and I've asked for a medium- although even then they're still just basic polo-shirts, so there's no shape to them... I wonder what they'd do if I tailored it slightly in the waist? hmm...

I was thinking about getting some boots with a concealed heel (only about 2" max, I still need to be able to run about) if anywhere knows of somewhere that does them?

*hugs*

yea i know the feeling, im friends with all the security guards at the place i work just about. they like to complain as well, specially about some of the unbelievably stupid policies we have, and trust me, we have plenty.. but i guess thats life.. i know one of the girls.. omg the uniforms just dont do her justice.

Yep I work at home most days too...that said, I do like dressing up for work when I do go to meetings, conferences etc. Whether I could be bothered to make quite the same effort every day I'm not sure. But, hey, Friday night is a different league as far as I'm concerned. :santa_hat:...and it seems so far away now, boo hoo.