Lakeside Visit around the New Year?

Firefox

I really feel a Lakeside visit coming on to see the sales, the new version of Schuh, and meet up for a drink with people around the New Year. Has anyone got any preference of dates out of the 28th/29th Dec 2002 or the 4th/5th Jan 2003? These are both Sat/Sun dates.

I very much doubt I'll be able to make either. But I'm miffed - I was in Lakeside not so long ago, and it is nice. It'll be better when Schuh opens, tho' :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 weeks later...

Shall we settle on the 28th meeting at Tottenham Court Road tube centre point exit at 12.00 midday as per usual. If the prices are still high or it seems worth it we can always fix up another meeting in early Jan that day if people are still free. My Mobile in case of lost/late meeting: (07941) 172043

How do you get from totingham to Lakeside, are you still going to have sufficient time? What about the night? Just thinking about a possible hop to the UK that weekend.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Yes sorry I got that all wrong. Must have been pissed at the time! How about 10.00am outside Debenhams at Lakside on the 28th, leaving time to do London Centre as well.

Should be able to I think. That's pay day too!!!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool Calv. If anyone else fancies coming then post here or give me ring on (07941) 172043. We don't bite :lol: !

Well that's not quite true, but it's in a nice way. :rofl:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Ruth and I met Xaphod and Firefox at around 10.30 and we immediately set off to find the sales! We followed Xaphod's famous hat as we ducked in and out of Richport (formerly Blister's), Faith (a little disappointing), Dolcis, Dune (wow!) and an assortment of others. Firefox bought a nice pair of tan knee-highs in next. We had a drink or two in Mama Amalfi's and I showed off the new denim catsuit I was wearing and the removal of my leather trenchcoat also revealed my thigh length boots that I hadn't worn since my college days. Xaphod and FF didn't disappoint either and by coincidence we had all chosen block heels Xaphod revealed that his were knee high under his trousers. I think that Firefox wore the highest heels though but I didn't look too closely. We spent the time looking for expensive boots with no "heel shelf" and cheap boots with highly pronounced arches and found plenty of both.

I didn't buy the Tan Knee highs in Next in the end. They were a good price, but I think we were all waiting for some slightly better bargains. I wore my 4 1/4" modified Sancho Cowboy Boots, and we had a good time checking out the sales. I think Dolcis, Ravel, Dune, and Barratts had the best selections on sale. Most of the other shops were a bit disappointing, even the new Schuh, though with the addition of this store and "Mr Shoe", Lakeside has got to be the Shoe Mecca of the south.