painful pointy toe question

ct03si

Question

i just got a stunning pair of 6" stilletto heel boots they fit me perfectly but whenever i walk for more than a few minutes my feet slide into the very pointy toe and it pinches my toes and is very painful. they are the correct size so that is out, i have tried wearing thin socks, thick socks and even stuffing cotton balls into the points. nothing really works. the thick socks make the toes hurt less but it makes the whole shoe part too tight. im going nuts because these are by far my favorite boots they look amazing could it be just because of the 6" heel (my 5" heel boots don't hurt like this) should i just keep wearing them for short periods and get used to it or should i stop wearing them?

11 answers to this question

I would guess that they're not snug enough across the instep, just too wide or poorly designed. You could try putting some insoles or gel pads into the toe to make the instep more snug a fit. .

I think it's the arch too steep, and so not supporting the foot well (making it slip frontally).

• Like 1

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

This is one that I been giving a lot of thought to just why a pointy toe shoe for a not pointy foot. To me a natural healthy shape foot is attractive. The old beat out broken foot with a bent toe is not attractive. When I go out with my square toe boots I get complements and envy. No need for pointy toes or ugly painful things like that so I really do not know what makes those pointies. Any way been working on a pair of hand made high top lace-ups. One of the things that I started with is an impression of my foot. Interesting thing is so far the toes are not pointy.

This is one that I been giving a lot of thought to just why a pointy toe shoe for a not pointy foot. To me a natural healthy shape foot is attractive. The old beat out broken foot with a bent toe is not attractive. When I go out with my square toe boots I get complements and envy. No need for pointy toes or ugly painful things like that so I really do not know what makes those pointies. Any way been working on a pair of hand made high top lace-ups. One of the things that I started with is an impression of my foot. Interesting thing is so far the toes are not pointy.

It's obviously a matter of personal taste and comfort but I have the opposite opinion! I have large (UK11) feet of medium width and slight bunions (hereditary, not self-inflicted) but I suppose my feet could be considered pointy rather than square or chubby. I find footwear with pointed toes comfortable - if it is correctly sized - and much more attractive than a very rounded or squared toebox. The proportions look better to my mind (unless the point is very exaggerated) and the overall appearance more elegant. But then I like sandals too - the more open the better!

I agree with the personal taste and comfort. I have a very narrow foot and one would think I might be more comfortable in pointy toes. But really my feet are more comfortable in a narrow shoe and a not-so-pointy toe high heel.

Roger that one. The first time I found nurse shoes but in brown on the clearance rack with the size 11aaa they just looked so narrow how could anything fit into that but I just had to try and I wore them out of the store. Interesting thing here is I never see nurse shoes with pointy toes.