100% Metal/Stainless Steel Shoes

Wuornos

I'm going to take a serious look at trying to make some...

I think that's an excelelnt idea! Please post as soon as you have more info and a price quote, as I fear that this might interest more than one... :w00t2:

Thanks in advance! ;-)

"Never below 4" and always spiky"

Gorgeous as those steel shoes on Flickr are, and extremely well made, it seems they were made for her privately by a good friend. Sadly they are not on general sale. If they were, I have no doubt that I would buy a pair myself as they would look great on any of the girls I work with

I guess metal shoes is not really designed for any walking...? I`m just wondering if I could have something like this made here at the Philippines. Labour work is not very expensive...so if I could borrow some lasts from the shoemanufacture I`m using, I dont really see it as a problem to have anyone shape some thick sheet metal to fit the last. Do they have to be stainless steel?

I have done som 3D modelling to find the weight of these shoes, and in size about 44 EU, 8 mm stainless steel sole and inclusive the heel, the weight is about 1,5 kg. They will be about 2 kg each with the metal straps etc. By using aluminium the weight is about 0,5 kg the way they are on the model... Just shipment costs for stainless will be very high....

post-351-133522881235_thumb.jpg

post-351-133522881242_thumb.jpg

post-351-133522881246_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm actually thinking of taking a swing at this very issue soon, although instead of welding steel I'm leaning towards milling some sandals out of billet aluminum (CNC milling ftw) and using some nylon coated cables for straps. If I go this route, is anyone interested in a pair? Computer assisted milling has the obvious benefit of easy, precise reproduction and it might be nice to offset some of the cost :winkiss:

I'm actually thinking of taking a swing at this very issue soon, although instead of welding steel I'm leaning towards milling some sandals out of billet aluminum (CNC milling ftw) and using some nylon coated cables for straps.

If I go this route, is anyone interested in a pair? Computer assisted milling has the obvious benefit of easy, precise reproduction and it might be nice to offset some of the cost :winkiss:

Sounds interesting. Definitely interested in a pair, but it would come down to the look and the price. Once the sole is done, it would not be hard to customize the upper, either the cables as suggested, or leather.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

• 1 month later...

I'm actually thinking of taking a swing at this very issue soon, although instead of welding steel I'm leaning towards milling some sandals out of billet aluminum (CNC milling ftw) and using some nylon coated cables for straps.

If I go this route, is anyone interested in a pair? Computer assisted milling has the obvious benefit of easy, precise reproduction and it might be nice to offset some of the cost ;)

Abit like yourself i'd like to try and make my own. But i dont think my 15year old CNC maching center would be up to it. Still i think they could be made by using more basic machine's in a kinda "one off" kinda way. Also my boss might ask me "What the hell are you doing! " lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone knows of a custom manufacturer which could reproduce the plastic covered metal shoes in the flicker links, I would be interested in buying several pairs.

Or possibly splitting the costs of having some lasts made to make these shoes?

Me Too ! They are to die for shoes.

Me Too ! They are to die for shoes.

I have written to 'Sandra-Fetish' on 'Flickr', 3 times in a year about the source of those shoes - and have yet to receive the courtesy of a single reply.

Obviously - she is guarding the secret jealously.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago in Germany there were girls wearing metal shoes with high heels. They seemed to have a small area for the balls of your feet & toes then a gap until there was a small area for the heel. The body of the shoe was a narrow vertical sheet of metal with holes cut out of it. They had a curved sole and a narrow heel. They looked lke great fun. Does anyone know if they are still available, or where I can get a pair please?

A few years ago in Germany there were girls wearing metal shoes with high heels. They seemed to have a small area for the balls of your feet & toes then a gap until there was a small area for the heel. The body of the shoe was a narrow vertical sheet of metal with holes cut out of it. They had a curved sole and a narrow heel. They looked lke great fun.

Does anyone know if they are still available, or where I can get a pair please?

If you mean these, I don't believe that they are made anymore. There was an issue with the fixing of the platform to the sole. I heard one more than one occasion where the plate had crumpled or the weld had gone.

post-206-133522890531_thumb.jpg

If you mean these, I don't believe that they are made anymore. There was an issue with the fixing of the platform to the sole. I heard one more than one occasion where the plate had crumpled or the weld had gone.

Yes, thanks, those are the ones. Pity if they are not made anymore. I wanted a pair as they look awesum.

With the curve of the front of the sole, it looks as though they would be much more comfortable to walk in for long periods than the modern high-heeled flat-soled with pointy toes types.

• 2 years later...

If anyone knows of a custom manufacturer which could reproduce the plastic covered metal shoes in the flicker links, I would be interested in buying several pairs.

Or possibly splitting the costs of having some lasts made to make these shoes?

If anyone is handy at creating 3D models of shoes (those pink ones would be nice), I wonder if it would be possible to send it to Shapeways, and have them print it for you:

http://www.shapeways.com

They do support a variety of materials, including stainless steel:

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/stainless_steel

Though I'm not sure how hard it would be to make them strong enough to wear.

Yes, thanks, those are the ones. Pity if they are not made anymore. I wanted a pair as they look awesum.

With the curve of the front of the sole, it looks as though they would be much more comfortable to walk in for long periods than the modern high-heeled flat-soled with pointy toes types.

I have a pair of these....they are (WERE) made by Pleaser and branded as 'Ice-Skate' Wedges. They are very uncomfortable....!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

A few years ago in Germany there were girls wearing metal shoes with high heels. They seemed to have a small area for the balls of your feet & toes then a gap until there was a small area for the heel. The body of the shoe was a narrow vertical sheet of metal with holes cut out of it. They had a curved sole and a narrow heel. They looked lke great fun.

Does anyone know if they are still available, or where I can get a pair please?

Got mine! :smile:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I am soooo tempted to break out the mig/tig welder, setup the plasma cnc and make ' something ' like this. Just try and replicate a pair of pumps from the closet..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I am soooo tempted to break out the mig/tig welder, setup the plasma cnc and make ' something ' like this. Just try and replicate a pair of pumps from the closet..

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

• 2 weeks later...

I can agree upon it. I have a pair like this at home (EU 39) and they feel very unstable to walk in. I can well imagine that the sole plate might break off one day.