Type of shoes you usually buy

ohhmyonline

When you buy heels what type do you usually buy?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. When you buy heels what type do you usually buy?

• Exotic
    • Designer
    • Discount Shoes

• 3 weeks later...

Since I find such rare finds in my size, I usually do discount, such as Payless & eBay, but I find some exotic ones on eBay at good prices as well.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I had to go with the choice exotic. My favorite shoe is a plain black leather pump with 5" spike heel. I have had a problem finding pumps with a nice metal heel in my size, not "Brazil". Those came up too high by the toes and dug in, I need a lower cut.

• 4 weeks later...

Many of my "exotic" high heels that I've purchased were also relatively inexpensive. I start with exotic, then move to discount. But I won't buy anything unless I absolutely love them and I know I will enjoy whereing them.:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Ankle strap high heeled sandals for this guy, as you can see in my avatar, followed by ankle strap d'orsays. More than 70 pairs and just 4 pumps and 6 d'orsays. DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

It used to be that I bought whatever caught my eye. I'd pick up a heeled sandal, or something with an effeminate adornment on it (not always removable), anything. Now, about the craziest thing I'd do would be a patent pump or a d'orsay heel. Though I did have some gorgeous red flats that I, sadly, had to get rid of when I found myself downsizing and getting ready to move to a new city...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

It used to be that I bought whatever caught my eye. I'd pick up a heeled sandal, or something with an effeminate adornment on it (not always removable), anything. Now, about the craziest thing I'd do would be a patent pump or a d'orsay heel. Though I did have some gorgeous red flats that I, sadly, had to get rid of when I found myself downsizing and getting ready to move to a new city...

Best of luck to you on your move.

It used to be just the highest (and cheapest) heels, but now it has turned into more of a collectors thing. I tend to look for unique and/or designer heels that are also high. I almost never buy anything under 4 inches unless they are very special.

It used to be just the highest (and cheapest) heels, but now it has turned into more of a collectors thing.

I tend to look for unique and/or designer heels that are also high. I almost never buy anything under 4 inches unless they are very special.

Vector...

I, too, don't buy or wear high heels with less than a 4" heel. And in my case, it has to do with comfort. Because of my narrow foot and high arch, the higher the heel the more comfortable they are.:roll:

• 1 year later...

Could have done with a couple more choices really, but I buy from a mixture of of all three I would say although of late I have found that I prefer a higher quality for a better fit, more comfort and certainly better made and often much nicer design....as you don't always want to be seen wearing something that everyone else is......not that I wear them but just for an example look what has happened with Crocs & Uggs......you just can't move for the cheap copies and shear number of them:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read all forty-something posts before mine, but although I voted discount, I feel there should have been a category for what constitutes the majority of shoes on the market: non-designer, brand name shoes, i.e. N.Y.L.A, Skechers, Harley Davidson, Ariat, Nine West, etc. My purchases seem to be mostly Mary Jane with flat, wide, or wedge heels; clogs; and anything else that catches my fancy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I mostly buy shoes that I can afford to buy and still have food on the plates so no, there's no designer heels in my closets yet even though I hope to be able to buy some later on. I feel comfortable in "cheap" heels 'cause I know that I can use them anytime I feel like it and it's ok to wear them on a night out. I would never wear a pair of Louboutins to a party with my friends 'cause that would be so risky..

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

• 2 weeks later...

Patent leather stilletto court shoes like my avatar with an A-Line Vamp design are my favorite heels to purchase, but the fashion industry rarely offers them in exactly this styling. I like the closed toe look with no apparent toe cleavage showing anywhere. The pointed toes must not be extra long nor do I care for the round toes to be an accurate semi-circle: a kind of oval shape or an almond point is acceptable. I have purchase platforms, hidden or exposed, that don't make the court shoes look like blocks have been added at the last minute. The stiletto heels must be and look constructurally sound under the heel of the foot area. The heels that are attached to the back of the court shoe give me the sense that they really can't support the foot properly and they would break if the landing of the step was straight down. As to the brand that may get purchased, usually depends on how close they come to my ideal high stiletto heel court shoes.