Type of shoes you usually buy

ohhmyonline

When you buy heels what type do you usually buy?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. When you buy heels what type do you usually buy?

• Exotic
    • Designer
    • Discount Shoes

This is a diverse group of people with one thing in common. Everyone here loves high heels in one form or another. People have different taste though some buy heels that are exotic in nature while others just go to there local discount shoe store and others only buy designer shoes. So when you are buying heels what kind to you prefer to buy.

i must clarify my choice i don't wear exotic heels like a stripper would i prefer sleek looking knee or thigh boots with no platform but a 5-6" heel they must be very clean looking and form fitting

i chose exotic because they are by no means designer but they are not available at the local payless either

this is my latest buy

Posted Image

Not sure which catagory to vote for. I buy mostly heels I feel comfortable wearing out. Some casual and some not so casual. Then I have a few pair of the more excotic for around the house and some just for-play. If you know what I mean. I buy mostly thicker heels (stack) like mary janes and strappy's.

real men wear heels

Let me post a better clarification of the types for everyone just to help out here. If you have to go to an adult themed store to purchase your shoes or the type of shoes would be considered adult themed by general population census I would say they are Exotic. If you can go to any discount department store or shoe store and buy your shoes for a good price I would say they are Discount Shoes. If you have to buy your shoes from upscale stores like are in malls or found in those fancy shoe stores like in Beverly Hills and pay upwards of $100 or more for an original priced pair of shoes I would say they are designer shoes. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but this is just a general guideline.

I found the question a little difficult to answer. I would say that my purchases are fairly split between the "exotic" and the "normal." Now the "exotic" I would characterize and the 5" plus heels that are quite familiar to us, the Pleaser/Highest Heel/Little Shoe Box, etc. But what I would consider "normal" is the brand name stuff, Steve Madden, Nine West, Colin Stuart/Victoria Secret that are the mainstream things although some of their items are borderline exotic in my opinion. So although I voted "designer" I would have preferred a "brand name" option.

The attached pics illustrate the problem! The white ones are "exotic" but to me, the gold ones are also and they're Victoria's Secret. The red ones are exotic to me too, but they are also Victoria's Secret. Unfortunately, the red ones are too wide in the calf for me, but they're a size 11 on eBay for a few more hours for those with an exotic bent!!!

post-9697-133522852238_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522852249_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522852251_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Well, I've always been something of a traditionalist when it comes to heels, plus, saving money is never far from my mind, so I opted for the discount option.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Discount, but more mainstream designs than "fetish" but try not to pay full price.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

In the past it was the discount variety. I found however that they weren't comfortable most of the time. Then I got a few better pairs (mainly boots) and they were far more comfortable. Recently my wife and I had a big cleanup and most of the cheap stuff went. We write them of as 'learning period'. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

cant afford high-end shoes, so i opted for "discount". however, i differentiate between them and "cheap" shoes. i have several pair from payless, that i bought simply because they look too fun to pass up. i know these won't last long, so i treat them a little gently. i also LOVE to shoe-shop on ebay. r1g0r

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

i usually buy pumps. they can be a low-heel pump, or a stiletto. They usually are the almond-toe pumps, or classic pumps as they're sometimes called. I don't buy peep-toe pumps, or d'orsay pumps. i love patent leather pumps, or just regular leather pumps. I usually buy mine second-hand at thrift stores, but lately i've been buying brand new pair. This coming year, i plan to buy about 24 pair, at least 2 pair a month. I have a handful of pumps i am really anxious to get. Jessica Simpson puts out some great ones, but there are some pretty expensive ones (over $100) that i am going to get, too. One is called "Bijou" that is made by Report Signature. They were $180.00 at Macy's a few months ago. Now Macy's sells them about $101.00. I can find them cheaper online. I am into a very feminine pump, like with a buckle, a strap, or a bow. I don't like very ugly pumps. They must be really something that meets the eye.

The discount shoes have taken the lead. I did not expect that with the amount of men in here. Do men do to the discount shoe stores and purchase them or do they usually buy them online?

My answer is that since my wife doesn't like me in heels, it would be hard to justify high prices for something I will wear indoors only when she isn't around. I also have a family to think of before spending on "luxuries" :santa_hat:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

My answer is that since my wife doesn't like me in heels, it would be hard to justify high prices for something I will wear indoors only when she isn't around. I also have a family to think of before spending on "luxuries" :santa_hat:

Same applies for myself.

It's mostly Matalan & New Look for me at the moment. If money was no object, and if I had good 'wearing' opportunities, I would probably be in those department store Shoe Studios' most weekends.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I've mixed feelings about the January sales having just about finished. On the one hand, we've spent a fortune on shoes and boots, but on the better hand, we've got some reasonably good quality footwear for knock-down prices. If you're on a tight budget, there's always e-bay and don't forget to trawl the charity shops. There's always a bargain to be found :santa_hat:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I've mixed feelings about the January sales having just about finished. On the one hand, we've spent a fortune on shoes and boots, but on the better hand, we've got some reasonably good quality footwear for knock-down prices. If you're on a tight budget, there's always e-bay and don't forget to trawl the charity shops. There's always a bargain to be found :santa_hat:

I try to sell my shoes for very reasonable prices. Usually about half of what you would expect to have to pay. So it is possible for people to be able to afford designer shoes for just a tad bit more than you would normally pay for discount shoes.

although i buy designer i always look for a reduced bargain, hence 4 wkd pairs in selfridges (kg and nine west) recently. About charity shops, try cancer research OPPOSITE THE GREEN in chiswick for unusual designer clothing. Shoes nothing special if youre 6+ size tho.

although i buy designer i always look for a reduced bargain, hence 4 wkd pairs in selfridges (kg and nine west) recently. About charity shops, try cancer research OPPOSITE THE GREEN in chiswick for unusual designer clothing. Shoes nothing special if youre 6+ size tho.

"hence 4 wkd pairs in selfridges"

What does "wkd" mean? I've noticed it being used quite a few places.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

"hence 4 wkd pairs in selfridges"

What does "wkd" mean? I've noticed it being used quite a few places.

Technically, "wicked".

But in Internet-text-messaging-ese, it's a very good thing, like the way inner-city types say "baaaad" to mean "really good".

Have a happy time!

I answered 'designer', although I am guilty on all three counts...:santa_hat: When I first started giving in to this fetish I was all about the exotic and outlandish footware. I still have a few platform boots, but I've gotten away from that as my tastes have become more 'refined'. I went through a Payless phase and got a lot of inexpensive stuff there, some of which has been quite comfortable and has held up surprisingly well. This year I've been in a real 'designer' stage, although I can't bear to pay full price for them. I've been successful at getting last year's styles from overstock resellers on ebay at considerable discounts. Got some great Madden and Nine West boots for both me and the SO. I think what attracts me these days is the smell, fit and feel of real leather. :w00t2: The synthetics don't do it for me anymore. My two cents, anyway...

I've voted exotic, as the majority of my shoes are from Pleaser and the like, although I tend to hunt out bargains from places like Faith too (I even have a pair of shoes I bought in Texco for £1, but they were an impulse buy).

• 2 weeks later...