Long time no post...

squirrelheels

Do you think I could get away with those wedge heels or not?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think I could get away with those wedge heels or not?

Hello folks...

Dunno if you remember me or not... I'm the guy who was crazy enough to cross dress on his last day of term at school... and I haven't posted since then, mainly cos I've been busy or have forgotten about it!

I started college at the beginning of this academic year, something I knew which would open up lots of new doors... and it has :(

I've finally met someone my age who has a big interest in shoes and who can accept me for my mutual keen interest! YAY :)

Since I last posted, I've made visits to my local town centre in heels (5 inch block heels, black loafers, same as seen before), accompanied by some very long jeans! It was a fun experience, and obviously I'm looking to extend it.

Thanks to the help of my newly found friend I'm going shoe shopping this Saturday, and I'm planning on wearing heels while I'm at it :o I've never worn them into the city centre before, so it could be fun. Unfortunately, I'll probably dwarf my poor friend, so I recommended she wore something reasonably high, so as not to look like a midget!

Hopefully during this shopping trip I'll be able to get some lower heels which will be acceptable for college, such as the ones found here from schuh:

Posted Image

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know what I'm up to... even if I do dwarf people at college, I'd like to start wearing them there, preferably without getting noticed. People there do wear some VERY strange things, stranger than heels, but still, heels on guys are still viewed as something not to be done, for some strange reason... could be an interesting experiment!

SH

(PS You can vote on the poll as well whilst you're at it :lol::lol: )

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi squirelheel, nice to see you back here and glad to hear everything is fine and you still wear heels. The wedges you refer to seem sufficiently inocent to wear to school. They will be noticed for sure but shouldn't cause such big commotion. After a few days everybody will be used to it and they won't bother you anymore. When asked, be honest in your answers, just tell them you like them and they are just shoes, nothing more. Don't go defensive and start inventing excuses. Good luck and hold on to that girl friend that tolerates it.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hopefully during this shopping trip I'll be able to get some lower heels which will be acceptable for college

Acceptable to who? Who's going to stop you wearing what you want at college. If they are acceptable to you, that's enough.

...but still, heels on guys are still viewed as something not to be done...

How do you know, when did you try, who told you it wasn't, and even if they did, why should you take any notice?

Don't tell me "because no one else does it" You're your own person; someone has got to be the first to do anything.

Acceptable to who? Who's going to stop you wearing what you want at college. If they are acceptable to you, that's enough.

Hmmm. I guess that's true. My friends there know I'm strange enough, I can't see a pair of heels they probably won't notice making a lot of difference, except for the obvious height gain. Like I say, could be an interesting experience!

How do you know, when did you try, who told you it wasn't, and even if they did, why should you take any notice?

Don't tell me "because no one else does it" You're your own person; someone has got to be the first to do anything.

This is the general feeling I get from most places. It's something people are not used to, and as such, personally I fear an adverse reaction. Having been out in heels before I know this is generally not the case, and it's a case of learning to ignore this general feeling... something a lot of you have already done I guess. Realising that most people won't notice, and those that do probably won't have a mindset of heels + guy = bad is something I've yet to put into practice.

That paragraph probably doesn't read too well... nevermind!

I'm willing to give it all a go at college anyway, and I have support, which is always cool :lol: So you shall definitely hearing from me again on this one!

SH

Hmmm. I guess that's true. My friends there know I'm strange enough, I can't see a pair of heels they probably won't notice making a lot of difference, except for the obvious height gain. Like I say, could be an interesting experience!

This is the general feeling I get from most places. It's something people are not used to, and as such, personally I fear an adverse reaction. Having been out in heels before I know this is generally not the case, and it's a case of learning to ignore this general feeling... something a lot of you have already done I guess. Realising that most people won't notice, and those that do probably won't have a mindset of heels + guy = bad is something I've yet to put into practice.

That paragraph probably doesn't read too well... nevermind!

I'm willing to give it all a go at college anyway, and I have support, which is always cool :lol: So you shall definitely hearing from me again on this one!

SH

You go for it! I wish I'd had the support, self-knowledge and other stuff to go for it when I was at University! Damn, all that wasted time. Oh, what the hell. As long as someone can take what I said and build on it, then maybe it wasn't a waste. Enjoy, and let's hope we hear more from you in due course! (Uh, didn't mean the pun. Damn this alcohol :lol: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

SH

This is my current situation, too -- After the liberating experience of Shopping in birmingham, & fetish fair meet (first time in heels outside, that weekend; :lol: ). I know that the general populace either don't care about what I'm wearing, or don't even notice.

However my mindset is still of apprehension when outside, I know that will go with practice & experience, It still doesnt make it any easier.

But well done with wearing heels out in your home town, and have fun shopping at the weekend. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you feel is right for you.

If people want to be trapped by thier own narrow minds, then leave them to it, it's thier choice, like it's your choice to wear what you want.

Cheers.

Andy

Hi Andy. Pleased to here you were somewhat liberated that weekend, but like you say, one has to do it a few times to get over it more. You're fighting against years of crap and prejudice. Society sort of gives this impression that if you don't see people in the adverts or fashion leaders doing something then it's not cool, and people lamely follow like a herd of ignorant sheep. Some enjoy conforming, and who can deny them that pleasure. Others like to be different so I'd never force anyone down any particular line. I'd always encourage anyone to be at peace with their own personal aspirations for appearance though. Anything less results in some internal conflict, and that's bad for you.

Hi Loveheel

You're right, they look perfectly masculine on me, although perhaps the toe is a bit narrow. I started a new topic about my shopping trip yesterday here. I had a great time :lol: And I got some great heels out of it!

SH

I frequently wear a pair of ankle boots of a similar style to work, with a pair of ladies all-cotton bootcut trousers (which are extremely comfortable and stylish but a pain because of no pockets). I've never had any comments about them at all.