Good response from Mom.

wood&metal

My Mom came by the other day to shred some old papers while I was'nt home.. I keep my shreder next to my walk-in closet, and the door is usually open... Mom spyed my Old Gringo boots (3" heel)... Later that day, I stopped by and she commented that she saw something odd in my closet..(at this point i'm going, "OH SHIT")... She said she did'nt know I had or liked cowboy boots, and she thought my boots were great... She was glad to see that I was making an attempt at dressing a little better and that I should wear them MORE!.. wheeeeew!.. (she was also jealous because she can't wear boots like those, and they would'nt fit her...apparently, she tried....lmao) I had to run back to work thursday evening and I popped in at my folks place on the way, wearing my boots, ragged jeans, and t-shirt... Basically the "rockstar" look.. The response, at least as far as the boots are concerned; was great.. Dad liked em' too... My folks and I do dinner out on fridays, and have been for years.. I had thought about going all out, but I was just worn out so I showed up in my usual nikes, jeans, and t-shirt.. Mom said "oh darn.. I hoped you would get dressed up and wear your boots".. Life is good...:santa_hat:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Gillian.. The reason is mostly because it's out of charicter for me... I dress the same way every day, and have been for years... Although I had been venturing out in them here and there, for all intents and purposes, I don't normally go out in anything other than a pair of Nikes.. The heel is pretty close to a standard cowboy or cuban heel, and truthfully you would really have to look closely to notice the extra height, which my mom did take note of... I really don't have much interest in going with anything higher than about 4" heel, in public.. My goal is to feel comfortable in public wearing the New Rock boots in my avatar... That would be "IT" for me...Like winning the lottery... So I guess the whole thing for me is feeling OK while looking different than the way people are used to seeing me.. If than makes any sense..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gillian.. Others expectations of us do make life interesting... Thanks, T&H.. I know how lucky I am, and I'm very thankful for that.. I do hope that when I get the New Rocks and a few others that I have my eye on, I don't end up pushing my luck... Derf.. Already got the serious stilletos (5,6, and 7") and a pair of knee high platform boots that are actually quite comfortable, but I really don't have the interest in wearing them out...

Thanks Gillian.. Others expectations of us do make life interesting...

Thanks, T&H.. I know how lucky I am, and I'm very thankful for that.. I do hope that when I get the New Rocks and a few others that I have my eye on, I don't end up pushing my luck...

Derf.. Already got the serious stilletos (5,6, and 7") and a pair of knee high platform boots that are actually quite comfortable, but I really don't have the interest in wearing them out...

It doesn't matter, you just get hooked and try to wear them al the time, even indoors.

Anyway, I'm glad you have such a supporting mum, maybe you can introduce here later to your high heeled stilletos.

My mum knows.....

FL

FoxyLady

• 1 month later...

When I was young, my Mom caught me wearing her high heels. She was very cool about it but not pleased. She said, "you're a boy, not a girl, take them off." I made sure she never caught me after that. Later, when I was older and I was wearing men's platform shoes and boots, she just said, "so you enjoy dressing like Tony Orlando (he wore shoes like that on his TV show)?" She has since passed on, but I don't think she was entirely fond of me wearing high heels...at least not in front of her.

well roniheels, it seems that your Mom was around my Mom's age (still living in her 70s) & you are but ONE year older than me (I'm 53) so its no surprise that your Mom had that attitude about "girls wear heels, not boys" kind of stuff, cause it was kind of hard for those parents (yours & mine) generation to accept this idea of men in heels, you can hardly blame her no more than I do with my Mom, in regards to that kind of feeling, thats just the way it was back when our parents were brought up. (VERY different):roll:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a light-hearted moment with my mom about a week or so ago... She asked me to grab a pair of shoes for her out of the trailer still on our property. Told me where they were (in a fairly high cabinet, out of plain view, etc) so I went and got them. I handed them to her, dropped my chin, and said, "No need to hide these, they aren't my style anyway." Which led her to ask me about my style, so I explained to her how I don't really care much for radical-style shoes that would see little daylight. Then she asked me if I had any size 12s, so I grabbed my stretch boots and put them on. She said the wedge heel (all of 2", tops) was too high, so I joked back "Ha! More for me then!" I was expecting her to rip my head off. Not quite a 180 (just two months prior, she snooped thru my never-to-that-point-password-protected computer and found some photos of me in various stages of cross dress/under dress and absolutely flipped) but since then, we've talked about it once or twice and my explanation has remained consistent.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

well roniheels, it seems that your Mom was around my Mom's age (still living in her 70s) & you are but ONE year older than me (I'm 53) so its no surprise that your Mom had that attitude about "girls wear heels, not boys" kind of stuff, cause it was kind of hard for those parents (yours & mine) generation to accept this idea of men in heels, you can hardly blame her no more than I do with my Mom, in regards to that kind of feeling, thats just the way it was back when our parents were brought up. (VERY different):roll:

You are so right in your observations. Even when I wore the disco heels, if every other person on TV weren't wearing them at that time, either of my parents would not have accepted me wearing them. I had a date one night and I had on a pair of (men's) high heels with a full 3" high heel. These shoes were almost unisex...either a man or woman could have gotten by with wearing them at that time. As I was getting ready to leave, both parents kept looking and staring at my shoes until at the same time they both said, "you're not going to wear those shoes on your date tonight, are you? You'll be wearing higher heels than your date (not true: she always wore very high heels, always)." They kept it up until I finally gave in and changed shoes. You would not have believed the relief on their face. It was almost like I told them the tests were negative and I did not have an incureable disease. But you're right, that was the way they were brought up and expected no less from me.

It's funny... Now that I have picked up a couple more pairs of boots and have been wearing them more often lately, my mom is always very attentive as to what shoes (or boots) I'm wearing when she's around... She's commented a few times to.. All positive... I may try to "up" the heels to something around 4 inches, if I can find something that (a) I like, and (:roll: has a chunky heel, and © won't break the bank... Just to see if I get a reaction...

well wood&metal, I'd think that getting the kind that I have (my avitar in black) would be the right choice, cause it sounds like its just the kind that your talking about here.:roll: