Could you walk in this?

amxfan

Could you walk in this shoe?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. Could you walk in this shoe?

• Yes I could walk in them.
    • No I could not walk in them.

• 3 weeks later...

Even if not perfectly walking in ultra high heels, still it's exciting to wear them...:silly:

I even might think the fact that they are a real challenge/too high to walk in that makes them more exciting to most of us heellovers than a heel that is easily managed!

Roberto

I suppose it is exciting to wear them, but for me I am nervous of them because I know I'm being watched and I know I can't manage them perfectly. This is a recipe for a disaster. I prefer to work a slightly less extreme (but nonetheless sexy pair of heels) to my advantage not be at the mercy of a pair of overtly extreme heels.

So after practicing and able to wear a 5"heel longer, the idea of next time buying a 6"heel for your feet gets more exciting or how is this for you people?

Roberto

Yes absolutely. I spent literally 3 years of extensive daily heel-wearing to adapt my legs/feet to be completely comfortable with the extra 2 inches of height from a 4'' to a 6'' heel. I now find when I look at my reflection I desire to add some more height again, and so it starts over.

Its like that with heels. If you love stiletto heels then I think as you get used to them the heels you wear get higher and higher and thinner and thinner...

Cheers

Heel-Lover

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have just bought a pair for Persephone when she next comes up to visit in a couple of weeks. Then we'll see if they are wearable or not for real. Funnily enough, I have not come across any photos of them in use, only the Karo website photos. Might have to change that :-)

You're right Richy, Persephone is the ultimate test person... If she cannot wear them, nobody can! I have some doubts about their practicability mainly because the sole is too straight. A little curve would help the heel to settle in comfortably. Well, we'll see...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I finally got together with Persephone to test drive the Karo ballet shoes, just to see whether or not it is possible to manage to walk in them with any sort of credibility.

Standing in the was a piece of cake for her. She could walk in them, to a degree. Sadly, not to the extent that she would be happy doing video work at the moment which for her is the criteria she would use for deciding on wearability. It makes me wonder how the 160+ who said in the poll that they could walk in them would REALLY make out if they were stuck on their feet. The balance is a little off and unlike the traditional ballet boots, these really throw you forward due to the flat sole.

She has them to practice on mind, so there is still hope.

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=573&pictureid=6885

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=573&pictureid=6883

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=573&pictureid=6884

Afterwards, she slipped into a pair of ballet boots and went for a wander along the river front in the City Centre. There's a couple in my gallery of that outing as well for anyone interested.

The pics of Persephone are great in those though!

on first look they seem to have more support than a 'normal' ballet shoe, but they don't? They aren't really balletheels but more like a 8" heel or is she actually standing tiptoe in them? Is the height/arch more extreme than a ballet heel?

Would be great if she would dare to make a video walking in them, even if the walk would not be as elegant and easy for her as in 'normal' ballet heels.

Maybe she would show a walk in town in extreme 18cm stiletto heels, for example those at www.milanoo.com

Anyway I love and respect Persephone for her ability to walk so well in extreme heels...

There also loads of fakes on Milanoo. Also many of their descriptions don't make any sense. They say they are based in China and don"t offer any company address. I'd be super wary about ordering ANYTHING from them and getting the item pictured.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes I also like them. But probably I'd never find a pair in EU size 35,5. So again I can only buy it for my (EU 39) but not for my wife.

The german ebay company that I got those from sell other similar Karo designs in a size 35, so no reason why you couldn't get that style in the same size. Karo make them in a US size 5-14.

http://stores.ebay.de/Exotic-Wear?_trksid=p4340.l2563

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is always a fear factor with Ballet Boots - because they look too difficult. Please don't just wear them in the bedroom. With practice you can wear them outside as well - best not to go shopping in them until you are comfortable in them though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair and are difficult to walk in them. You need to have extremely fexible ankles. With the toe area sloped up, the entire foot mechanics changes. I am unable to straighten my legs fully. BTW I can walk easily in Ballet Heels with my legs fully straightened.

• 2 months later...

Wow, 43%? I think some of you are probably being a little generous :) Define "walk", anyway. Get around? Probably. But walk in the classic sense, probably not ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...