The worst terrain

Aside from the obvious challenges of the wilderness I found to be descending steep cobblestone streets. If you catch a heel in a crack well it's all downhill from there. What's the worst terrain you've encountered in the civillised world?.

Aside from the obvious challenges of the wilderness

I found to be descending steep cobblestone streets.

If you catch a heel in a crack well it's all downhill from there.

What's the worst terrain you've encountered in the civillised world?.

Have to agree with you for the cobble stones, but last week I went to a "Maskball" in an old industrial building and there were some stairs made out of grid metal (flat iron put vertically which meant holes about 1x1" between the bars) Wearing 6" stilettos and a mask that impeared your vision wasn't a very good combo. But it was a great party. :santa_hat:

Well we don't have much coble stone left around here, thank God, but our sidewalks in town are a night mear. I trip in tennis shoes when walking or jogging. Really gotta be careful in heels. LOL

I'm actually furious about the shopping street which was pedestrianized in my local city. They paved it with little red bricks and didn't take care in fiishing it well at all.

Several times now I've been forced to stop dead in my tracks to elegantly "yank-out" my heel from the clutches of a paving joint.

Apart from the embarrasment it's getting expensive.

Unfortunately I'm British so I don't feel comfortable enough to complain to the council....yet.

I've got to agree with you all. Any uneven surfaces, metal grates, or unfilled cracks can without warning, catch or offset a heel so fast, you can't be prepared for what may result. Even if you don't have a major catastophe or a moment of embarrassment, the heel may become scratched or its skin damaged. This is so annoying and frustrating especially if they're relatively new or they're the pair you hold in some esteem. Oh! When I have walked over a lawn or similar terrain, my heels have gotten stressed so badly that the skin has become unseated and pushed up, exposing the actual heel just above the tip. Now, I step more on my toes in these areas and try not to let the heel descend below the surface.

My wife would completely agree with you. Same drive here and she is always complaining about the wear and tear on her shoes...

Gravel to me is the worst. It is uneven, it tears up your heels, it punishes the balls of your feet through the sole of the shoe and its my driveway! :santa_hat:

Anyway that's my two bits!

T&H

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

My wife would completely agree with you. Same drive here and she is always complaining about the wear and tear on her shoes...

Gosh I know it, every little pebble can be felt though the sole.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cobblestones are pure evil, ive stopped counting how many times ive got my heel damaged or loosened in those damned streets. I hate gravel aswell. heels sinking in it and making you look like your alien from outerspace. Also some springolators which have gaps big enough, so that your heel can get stuck in to them. Tough luck, yes i know. I have damaged my shoes on few occasions on these monsters, one time I barely managed to get my heel off from damned machine before it ate me. :roll:

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

• 2 weeks later...

also greasy floors in some cafes, own up BHS, are a sideways move for heels....

Great fun, eating a meal, then some heelwearer comes crashing onto their table.....

Its called fashion.... !!

I've never had that happen and I'm not sure how I would react. I guess I would say, "are you alright?":-?

Wow, if the grease from the food is all over the floor making it hard to handle, just imagin what it is doing to your insides? :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have always hated those bobbles they put on the pavement at road crossing so blind people can feel where to cross. Also any shiny floors where it's easy for heels to slip sideways. Never fallen though!

Gravel to me is the worst. It is uneven, it tears up your heels, it punishes the balls of your feet through the sole of the shoe and its my driveway! :roll:

Anyway that's my two bits!

T&H

Where I live, we have many gravel roads. I hate driving on them I hate walking on them in athletic shoes, and I hope I never have to walk on them in high heels.:o