high heels & crutches

Practice is one recomendation, but it may not be possible due to physical reasons. An extreme method would be foot trainers, or an intensive course such as those used by models/actresses. Follow that course and you may have to wear 5" heels for ever, even to shower! Hmmmm....you could always strap your legs to some 75x50mm timber reaching form heel to top of thigh....might work, be uncomfortable though. Have fun trying.

totter along into history

Heelsfeel, I will assume you mean 7" heels without platforms. Lorriette referred to a physical condition you may have to accept, no matter what you do. I had to stop walking in any higher heels than 6" when I reached my limit in the high stiletto heeled pumps without platforms. Even this height was a little awkward walking, but I can manage to do it with some grace. This grace thing is what any person should want in their active appearance while heeling. If you want to lay around, then above your limit could be appropriate for somewhat of that graceful look. Just figure being ungraceful on your hands and knees or using crutches, as you already know, to change locations. If you would like to try ballet pumps with 7" heels, they could be another option, but again the grace thing applies. Otherwise, you'll have to settle on wearing platforms with the higher than your limit heels or the lower than your limit heels. Warning!!! With platforms, you'll have to worry more about ankle injuries and falling on uneven surfaces. Best of luck in being able to find the solution to your heeling difficulties.

• 2 months later...

I might just suggest to work your way up to 7" heels. Start at 5", get comfortable with 6" heels, then slowly keep practicing in 7" heels. I enjoy 6" stiletto heels, but not for long periods of time. I ave never tried 7" heels so I can't speak from experience. Best of luck to you.;)