Hi from Amsterdam

Hello

After looking around for more than a year, I finally joined. This is my favorite site on the web. It teaches you about confidence in yourself. Just wear what you want to wear.
And it is true. I go out shopping regularly with heels, and only a few times I noticed
people giving a second look. Never a remark. Just act normal.
I belong to the fortunate people who's wife is supportive. We go shopping for shoes and
clothes together. This is also much nicer for her. She says she never looked this good.
It is nice if you can share things. :santa_hat:

My buying of women shoes went into second gear when I saw some nice shoes
outside a shop in my size -- I have rather small feet (size 39) and most shops don't
sell my size in mens shoes; they refer you to the childrens section; now that is
demeaning -- and I took them inside to try. The lady told me in conspirational voice:
"you know, they are actually womens shoes". I told her, I didn't mind.
They looked OK to me. I bought them and I have used them for two years most of
the time. They were very comfortable. Since then I have no real problems
trying on shoes or boots. When they have very feminine heels, I just try to be a bit
discrete. Only once some other shoppers looked again. Just ignore.

My most confortable footware is a pair of boots with 6 cm heels (2.5"). I have some
problems with my feet and with these my feet feel best in the evening. But I still
haven't had the guts to wear them to my work. If I would wear very high heels the story
would go around the world rather fast (a rather gossipy academic environment) and I
would probably have to explain things many many times. I take my time.

I hope I can make some contributions to the discussions here. I enjoy reading them.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dawn, Thanks for the welcome. I was very sorry to read about your soulmates problems. I wish you much strength. Yes, that is me. I wrote about it in the Chit-Chat avatar thread. The boots were a real find and I like to go shopping in them. Not with the skirt though. That is still skirt-fiction. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.