Can a Pencil skirt be any SEXIER?

LailaLily

IMO.. a pencil skirt is far sexier than a mini. Having said that I have had more attention when in my leather mini than in a leather pencil skirt. Either guys treat a girl in a pencil skirt with more respect or they respond more to the overtly sexual signals of a mini I don't know...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It depends from personal attitude. Some may find it "vintage", others nothing but catching.

Personally, I find'em really teasing (especially with HIGH heels), even if I can't ignore a figure like this (love the oxfs).

post-7212-13352285164_thumb.jpg

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

I think the vintage element comes from when they were popular in the 1950s. I cant really say a pencil skirt would be more or less sexier than any other style or length, but thats just my take. I can see a relation to perhaps an admiration of sharp suits and power dressing. I would say that the mini is appreciated as it accentuates the wearer's legs, and a pencil would accentuate the figure if it is well tailored and fitted. The same appreciation could be said with a long skirt (say, ballgown) too.

It's not just that it's the fact that a well fitted pencil skirt emphasises the hips and the bum and tapers in over the thighs... Sexy!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sharpen up with pencil skirts

While skirts come in many shapes and sizes this fall, including that full circle skirt so popular in spring and summer, fall's most prevalent shape is the pencil skirt. The idea of the best way to show off the female shape must have put designers in a vintage frame of mind. Dominating the fall runways are various skirts from the 1920s, '30s,'40s and '50s, with a modern twist.

This season, the favorite is the pencil skirt, which evokes a vintage feel when worn with a shrunken jacket or cropped cardigan and high heels, pearls or a brooch. The pencil skirt was a late 1940s creation of Christian Dior and his then-fledgling French fashion house, trimming his skirt into a new silhouette that hugs the hips and follows the curve of the leg, stopping just at or above the knee. The look caught on with women because the cut is flattering, especially for women with curves. Now the pencil skirt has become a staple addition to the wardrobe.

Sexy look

Despite its longer hem, however, the pencil skirt isn't necessarily meant to be modest. It's sexy when it tightly hugs the body or is made of sensual fabrics and worn with fishnet stockings. Chiffon silk and lycra are no doubt the suitable material to endow the already charming shape with more sexy wildness. This year, designers have added details to the skirt. Many skirts have additional straps, reaching from the hip-belt over the hips, around the waist or even connecting the bra and belt.

Make time for romance

The hottest trend is the romantic retro style. The extremely wearable tight sweater and pencil skirt, combined with some understated embroidery, is a popular accent on delicate style. Colors like lavender, peach, black, pale yellow and pink match go well with soft fabrics. Since femininity is still the dominant influence, you can add more ladylike clothes to your wardrobe with everything from lace-up boots to cameo jewelry and strong colors like red and blue.

Skirts and the city

City streets are full of young ladies walking the streets in pencil skirts, even in cold weather. Tweed checks and leopard prints are this fall's top choices in fabrics and patterns. Geometric prints are very popular this year, as abstract shapes always accentuate. It has become a top pattern choice for trendy young women who want to stand out on the high street in elegant knee-length pencil skirts. Short-length boots are a fashionable footwear addition to complement the outfit.

How to wear pencil skirts

The perfect fit follows the curves of the body and sits a little low on the waist.

The perfect length is at the knee or up to two inches below, but remember never above. The best fabric for pencil skirts is lightweight, tropical wool that creates a lean body-hugging line, yet still has some give to it. Keeping it unadorned is a basic principle of wearing this kind of skirt. Be sure there are no pockets, no belt loops, no front pleats, just an invisible zipper in the back.

Editor: Donald

LailaLily, i have to say your taste in skirts/heels is fantastic - if you can achieve 'the look' from the pictures you uploaded then you are on to a winner. I've never really thought about the best clothes to complement heels, but i think you've found it:smile: Sexy AND classy.

It seems that a lot agree with how sexy a pencil skirt can be, particularly when matched with heels and seamed stockings. These two are among the most viewed and popular of my old street shots.

post-206-133522852379_thumb.jpg

post-206-133522852384_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

What a great finds! The first one is simply wow, and the pinups are not bad too.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

• 3 weeks later...

nothing is wrong with it Bootking...when u choose a pencil skirt...u cant go wrong

;)

Fully agree with that.... This beautiful garment goes with pretty much everything.... when wearing with a pair of high heels the attention is always drawn to the skirt....

FL

FoxyLady

LL, The Pencil skirt is one of those items every woman should have in her wardrobe, just like the classic little black dress. A nice cashmere sweather is just as good as a nice blouse. Keep the jewelry simple, suitable hosiery and court shoes. The clothes do not detract from the natural beauty of the wearer, not do they make any statement. That is done by the actions of the wearer. The same can be said of the "little black dress" which follows the above. Yes - damn sexy of the wearer wishes it to be. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 8 months later...

what type of high heels normally go with a high waisted pencil skirt?

Close toe pumps with really high heels. Or, slingback with very high heels. Or, any pair of shoes that have really high heels. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i really like the look of a pencil skirt and i have bought one. i asked that question because i want to have the right style of heels. can any female members help?

Well, I am not female but just look around you when you see girls in pencil skirts and make your opinion from that.

Personally I would say pumps rather than boots, and stiletto type of heels, not chunky heels. I also think that to carry a pencil skirt you should be quite slim, or the proportions doesn't look right. Hence the stiletto type of heels.

Hi Jamie, I am not a lady - as you are asking for their opinions but I wear heels with pencil skirts and skirt suits, dressed as a guy on the top half. The question I have is what hem-length is the skirt? I generally wear higher heels with higher hem-lines, lower heels with longer skirts. With skirt suits and pencil skirt ensembles I go for stiletto heels, 4.25 to 6 inches high (no platforms) in slingback or standard pump styles. If wearing hosiery keep it classy and go for hosiery that is lighter in colour than your shoes. Hope this helps. Heel-Lover

Jamie1608:-) I am not female either, but I have several knee-length pencil skirts that I have worn with pointy-toed, stiletto high heeled pumps. I like the feel and the look of them and I always wear pantyhose with them also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 months later...