It's the pumps!

pumpedup

Pumps are funny. Black leather is my preference, yet despite having tried on/purchased half a dozen, I've yet to find any which actually fit. The ones I do have and wear I simply tie up with a black shoelace to keep the heel cup from slipping off every step. I've two others which are simply too tight for comfort. They do look great, though!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Amanda Snake started a thread in the girl's section called Treasure today and she was praising a pair of courts she had found online. When I clicked on this site in her post:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/wom...m10064469.aspx

to see what she was talking about, I had to comment also. Since guys can't post in the girls section, I took the liberty to do it here in a thread talking about pumps.

Back in March, I came across these same gorgeous courts in shopbop.com and really fell head over heels for them, much like Amanda did and I also had to get a pair. I'm not sure how I was led to farfetch.com, but the courts were somewhat lower in cost, so farfetch got the order. After a couple of weeks and the import duty fee was paid, the courts were delivered and I had to wait until late that evening to try them on. They are every bit as lovely and the "HOT" you see in the photoed sites. The very pointy toes feel more like the rounded toe shapes due to the curvatures making the point. The sloped integrity is maintained by the height of the heel for my size at 13cm. They are a bit more easy to walk in then many of the heels made today because of the heel shaping which gives the best support centered under the heel of the foot, instead of the back of the foot. The patent leather finish completes the perfection these pumps seem to radiate. Having another pair is being processed.

Yes ladies, these are the good examples of beautifully constructed, eye pleasing, and classic wardrobe staples for sophisticated heeling. I am aware of the sentiment about guys wearing such lovely heels, but I'm honored to have the opportunity in sharing the feelings and the display of such luxuriously classic pumps.

Those are certainly classic courts, Histiletto, and very elegant. I do not understand why such a good-looking and timeless style of shoe does not seem to be constantly available in the high street and at an affordable price (at least in the UK). Whatever may be the prevailing alternative (and usually inferior) fashion, surely there is always a place for a shoe like this?

But shoes like the black patent Giuseppe Zanotti pumps are always available on the high street. Aldo almost always has a pair like that as do many others. You can also always get simple classic pumps/court shoes on Ebay. Cheers, Ben

They are not quite the same actually Benno. Look at the fine workmanship and the lines.

The only high street shoe I've seen in recent years with such elegant lines were Lois point court by Schuh.

I'm always on the look out for such shoes and that's a rare occurrence.

But shoes like the black patent Giuseppe Zanotti pumps are always available on the high street.

Aldo almost always has a pair like that as do many others. You can also always get simple classic pumps/court shoes on Ebay.

Cheers,

Ben

Yes, benno, similar shoes are available. But, as Amanda points out, rarely with all the same style attributes.

The Schuh 'Lois' court is (was) a lovely shoe but the heel was positioned too far back to let it qualify as a true classic court.

The nearest in classic style that I recall seeing in the high street in recent years was the Faith 'Tina' (almond toe, 4.5" slender stiletto) and this disappeared some years ago, long before Faith folded. Barratts had what looked to be an identical shoe (and I think it was called Tina too). My wife has a pair of each and it is a matter of great sorrow to me that she will not wear either of them.

I agree with Amanda. Some craftsmanships are totally different to others. This, together with a good design make the difference. Histiletto, those shoes are amazingly beautiful. I like the heel better than the Pigalle as it stands more into the leg's natural line and, surely, it's more comfortable to walk in. ¿Can you post some pictures of yours? They are top in my wishlist together with some Ballin models which are totally to die for.

Majo, Seeing me wear them would probably not do them justice, but if Amanda or any of the other ladies wants to share such a vision, then you would bless the ground they walk on. I'm going to look for those Ballin models to see why you're so enamored.

I don't know if the shoes in my avatar qualifies as pumps (Bordello-branded), but it's kind of the gist of what pumps I would wear, as well as peep-toe pumps. Wish I had the ones I own with me right now (left them at friend's). But I do have a photo. Just remembered that aspect as I was typing :)

post-5877-133522943736_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522943757_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522943773_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

Majo, I applaud your choices of heels. I would be more inclined to get the first pair (the black patent leather heels) than the rest of them, but that would be my taste, however the position or shape of the heel would cause me to look at other brands with the heels placed more under the heel of the foot than the back of the shoe as the Ballin shoes.

HHDude, the peep-toe pumps you posted are nice and I like the shape and the positioning of the heel better than many of the popular brands today. Someday I may choose to wear a pair of peep-toes, but they haven't moved me enough yet.

...however the position or shape of the heel would cause me to look at other brands with the heels placed more under the heel of the foot than the back of the shoe as the Ballin shoes.

well... that's the main issue for a heel to be easy to walk in. The more the heel is placed forward to the line of the ankle, the easier they are to walk. At least that's my experience.

I suppose Dr. Shoe has a professional opinion on that which might be useful.

• 3 weeks later...

well... that's the main issue for a heel to be easy to walk in. The more the heel is placed forward to the line of the ankle, the easier they are to walk. At least that's my experience.

I suppose Dr. Shoe has a professional opinion on that which might be useful.

I'm inclined to agree. The more the center of the stiletto heel tip is perpendicular to approximately half the horizontal measurement between the middle of the ankle and the back of the foot the better it is for walking, no matter how high the heels are. When heel tips are positioned differently, there is a greater potential to strain the stability of the foot and ankle causing fatigue to happen sooner.