Euro heel meet nov1-3 2002

Highluc

After just a few posts about pictures of tube boots in october 2002 on the men's section some guys picked up the idea of joining and before we know and without planning we had a very short notice Euro meet. I'll let the participants tell you about their first day. Hi, Guys, Just to say this is Xaphod at Highlucs trying to work a Flemish keyboqrd. ... see whqt I mean the q is where you would find an a qrrrgh! Calv drove down to my place at a very silly hour and we both left the UK at not quite such a silly hour. After an inspection of some of the beer shops in Calais we journeyed to Luc's to arrive after lunch. We have had a look round the shoe shops in Eindhoven and are coming to the conclusion that the styles this year are quite boring compared with what has gone before. Morella and Lion are expected to join us tomorrow. Stay tuned for more reports. Xaphod. Cqlv Hiluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I've been annoyed the last two months about those Belgium keyboards. I was working on a project at a customer's site in Antwerp. At last I brought with me some Dutch keyboard to make life bearable :lol: Well, I'm off packing my boots and stuff... Cu qll tollorroz... Lion

Hello to everyone, this is Lion on HighLuc's computer (and the rest of the guys, HighLuc, Calvin, Xaphod and GJ) with a report from today's happenings. I left at 7:30 AM to go to HighLuc's place and got there around 9:00 after setting my own speed record Breda-Antwerp. At HighLuc's place the UK guys were still snoring, so we got to shoot some pictures of my latest additions. Around 10:00 AM some odd looking guys came into the room, who turned out to be Calvin and Xaphod. Of course they headed straight for the coffee (or was it tea?). Talked a bit about how life was going on and made plans for some shopping-raids. Meanwhile Morella called he couldn't make so we headed off to Brussels. In Brussels we went straight to Dinky's and after checking out some models Xaphod wanted to try some reddish boots (very much like my over-the-knee Silhouette boots, but knee-high). After fitting them and splashing blood all over the place (damn those nails) he almost bought them, ' till he discovered they had plastic lining. Next we went to some nearby shops where HighLuc lately bought a long leather coat together with Morella. In the end Xaphod bought the same type of coat at a very good price. Over to Calv now. I tried the same coat and was tempted, but decided to keep my cash in my pocket. We then carried on to check out some more shops but found the styles boring. After lunch we moved the car and headed to another Brussels district for some more browsing. This district catered for the more well-heeled heel wearer with prices in the hundreds of Euros. We didn't find anything to tempt us (not that we could afford anyway) and headed off to Hasselt for some more shopping and a meet with Gert-Jan. Sorry, guys, you get more of Xaphod now. In Hasselt we did Luc's quick run around the shops. For a smallish town in Belgium, this has a surprisingly large choice of shoe shops (I didn't check out the choice of other types of shops ..... could be something to do with this heel fixation of mine). Luc left the best shop to last and, despite saying that they didn't intend buying any shoes, both Luc and Lion bought a pair each! I'm trying to buy only one pair at Silhouette tomorrow. We will soon depart to eat, so I now have the big problem ..... is it the Cyprianou 5", or the Fuss courts .... hell, before all this heely fun, my life was nice and simple (and hellish frustrating ! ) That's all for now folks.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

So later I (GJ) joined. We went to the local restaurant to have some great belgian dinner. The word vinagar has a special meaning to us now (ask Xaphod the details). Next to us were 4 women And at another table 6 persons aging around 60. We got quite a number of examenig looks from them. We had great fun :lol::( reacting to the looks of these people. The food was great and I recomend to you all comming over here in the near future. We are going to go to rotterdam tommorrow. See you all!!!! GJ (on highlucs machine, fighting the azerty-keyboard) :):o

OK, now it's really me on my computor again, but instead of typing everything twice I recomend you to read the illustrated report of this full weekend happening on my website http://www.highluc.net

Check out the nov-dec 2002 page in the about me section.

Greetings from a tired but satisfied Highluc.

Xaphod and I got back home after a pleasant ferry crossing. Stocked up with beer at Calais and left no space in his vehicle unfilled. After driving back to Xaphods place and transferring the beer I got back home about 2am. Our thanks to HiLuc for his hospitality and running us around whilst there. It was good as well to meet up with Gert-Jan and Lion. A successful weekend shoe shopping also. I came home with a pair of Bronx knee high boot from Lucs busy shop and a pair of Tube ankle boots from the fine people at Silhouette. Sadly Luc would not part with his pumps I tried on otherwise they would have come home also! A very enjoyable weekend - thanks guys.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

IF only i had read this messege section a week ago, that would have been a great trip for my 4.25" blade heeled ankle boots.... Ahhhh well, hopefully the next time you guy's go over drop me a line ? would have been nice to meet up with luc and GJ and lion angain.... Look forward to the next dash over to belgium... especially the belgium beer, it makes you wanna walk all over the planet in noisey stillettoes ( my spelling sucks ) Richie....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hi Richie Sorry to say - not We had a great time in Belgium, but then with a host like HiLuc it would be hard not to. Xaphod and me paid a visit to a beer warehouse in Calais and filled his truck up completely. Now got Hoegarten on draught - well it seems like it! Trip was indeed planned at short notice, I only knew on the Tuesday as we travelled on Friday. Good trip though

Calv

And I still have 91 Euro for the empty bottles you left here. I'll bring that over in spring.

Hi Luc Xaphod will be pleased - 91 Euros - thats paid for the Fuss heels he bought recently! Xaphods off line at the moment but I'll tell him next time we speak.

Calv

Can you also tell Xaphod I already found the yachting magazine I asked him to look for, thanks, highluc

Actually this is the X man. I tried to reactivate my old identity, but php insists on sending the new password to my old email which is now dead. Copied the info about the yotty mag and the beer bottle refund. For those wondering about vinegar, it seems that Belgians have never heard of putting vinegar on French fries ( chips / fritten ). I was nearly ready to write CH3COOH on a napkin to get what I wanted. Lion had a certain amount of incredulity, but GJ tried out the idea .... OH OH I might have corrupted fritten forever !