In their skin...

Eram

I used to be a member here many years ago (around 2002-03 i think), have registered again and read a whole lot of posts made since that time. One thing that strikes me is that since then there seems to be a lot less guys asking for reassurance that, if they go out in heels, the sky will fall on their head. People are much more self confident and will discuss HH on another, deeper level than previously. :santa_hat: Now, i have a question that i don't remember seeing in this forum before and which i would like to know what you think about: Do you guys think that your wearing "made for women" shoes and/or clothing give you a better understanding and comprehension of women; how they feel, how they think, how they are, how they relate to men...etc.

Nope. That's as non-sensical as saying that if you put on a pair of wellington boots, you will get an insight into how a farmer thinks/feels or how he relates to his dairy herd. You might, in some way "feel" like a woman while wearing womans shoes (or female attire of some other sort) - more feminine, mannered, graceful, elegant, sexy whatever - but you won't get any closer to knowing what goes on in the minds of the fairer sex.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Here is a question: How would you know if you did feel like a woman? There is no way you can unless you have actually been a woman...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

that's exactly what i think, DrShoe, but interesting to know what others think about that. So far, the comments have been unanimous: a big resounding "no". Keep commenting, fellow HH'ers.

in a way i think it can. not so that your inner soul feels like a woman does, but gives you an understanding of the emotions people feel for their heels etc. the many men that would laugh at a bloke in heels have probably never experienced how wearing heels or a skirt etc feel to wear. My friend for example relates to them as 'them stupid shoes women wear then complain about' obviously falls in this category. The restriction feeling of heels and the fact that you cant run or walk any faster that the shoes can go can i suppose emulate slightly the vunerability wearing heels can cause women to feel. Many a time before i ventured to a heelmeet i liked heels inside on the carpet but always looked at women wearing their heels out and wondered how they felt and if they enjoyed it etc, now having said i have worn my heels out i can relate to women in this respect. I suspect a lot of the tv on the site can relate in similar ways to how much effort they have to make with makeup etc time and effort that women spend to make themselves appear good everyday. obviously i have twisted the question a little here but the answer dowsnt always have to be no chaps.... think about it.

Do you guys think that your wearing "made for women" shoes and/or clothing give you a better understanding and comprehension of women; how they feel, how they think, how they are, how they relate to men…

If understanding how women think was as easy as changing your clothes there would be a whole lot more guys wearing skirts and heels.

My answer is No. What you wear may help you understand how you feel, think, relate to others… but it doesn’t help you understand someone else (male or female).

I have been curious about how gals felt wearing boots so a long time ago (when we were allowed to do this) I posted a question on the Gal’s page Wearing Thigh Boots? where I asked what it was like for gals to wear thigh boots. I was hoping for some insight into how gals felt when wearing thigh boots. It generated a few interesting comments.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I feel that wearing heels may give a little insight to what women think about wearing heels...Same with clothes...You'll learn more about fashion overall. As for the rest of their thoughts, men are from Mars and women are from Venus!!! The only way to come even close to being able to understand a woman is to live with one for a LONG while...And then you'll get to wonder what she's thinking every day!! You might catch a little bit of her inner thought patterns...But still be just as baffled!! :santa_hat:

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

I believe in some aspect it's true. I wear clothes and heels and I do wonder what it's like to be a woman. Sometimes I wish I was a woman cause I can wear what I want without everyone giving second looks. I'm jealous of them cause of the options that they have. I look at a woman and wonder why most don't dress up. It's an amazing experience when you look at a woman who takes her time to look good, and wearing heels. They produce the sense of confidence, sexuality, and passion, that I will love to feel. Therfore, when I were heels I feel the same way, except I'm in jeans, and they are in skirts, jeans, shorts, etc, etc..... I hate that!!!!!! I wish one day I can do the same without discrimination. Therefore, yes I wear my clothes and heels to fell like a woman, but don't get me wrong, I love being a man! Just once in a while it wouldn't hurt to be a woman.

^ Yeah, I'd like to be able to go into a new skin and see things from their angle for a day, and then get the opportunity to choose which version of me to continue with. That'd be funny - and also a great experience.

I believe in some aspect it's true. I wear clothes and heels and I do wonder what it's like to be a woman. Sometimes I wish I was a woman cause I can wear what I want without everyone giving second looks. I'm jealous of them cause of the options that they have. I look at a woman and wonder why most don't dress up. It's an amazing experience when you look at a woman who takes her time to look good, and wearing heels. They produce the sense of confidence, sexuality, and passion, that I will love to feel. Therfore, when I were heels I feel the same way, except I'm in jeans, and they are in skirts, jeans, shorts, etc, etc..... I hate that!!!!!! I wish one day I can do the same without discrimination.

Therefore, yes I wear my clothes and heels to fell like a woman, but don't get me wrong, I love being a man! Just once in a while it wouldn't hurt to be a woman.

LatinDancer,

I also agree with you. Sometimes when I'm dressed up, I think to feel as a woman.... but who can tell....

It would be nice to be a woman and see how they really feel and if you really would like it.... then you could stay a woman....

Of course the other way should also be possible, woman who want to feel man....

FL

FoxyLady

Sometimes I wish I was a woman cause I can wear what I want without everyone giving second looks. I'm jealous of them cause of the options that they have.

Right on! That is exactly the point - they have the freedom to do and dress any way that they want to - and their clothing, footwear etc. is made to fit, unlike us.

It's all about the heel!

Do you guys think that your wearing "made for women" shoes and/or clothing give you a better understanding and comprehension of women; how they feel, how they think, how they are, how they relate to men...etc.

I’m gonna jump in here, completely recognizing that I first posted today and this is dangerous water in view of the overwhelming negative responses so far! I believe that issue is more complicated than first perceived. Your question asks if we can better understand how a women thinks and feels from wearing women’s shoes (as contrasted from high heels designed for men). I believe it does, at least at some minimal level. I certainly “feel” different when wearing women’s heels than I do in more conventional male dress. I admittedly do so in private, and it borders on fetish behavior for me at this time, but at a minimum there is an emotion that comes with it. As others opine strongly in various threads, I should say that I am not gay and do not desire to be women.

I first wore women’s heels (at least of proper size and fit) at the request of my current partner. In partial jest and in response to my continual requests and begging for her to wear heels more often (and she does quite often, thankfully), she retorted, “Why don’t you get some high heels and you can see what they feel like!?” I obviously jumped on the chance, ran to the computer, selected some with her input (she choose ultra-high 6 inch heels, which in my US men’s 12 / women’s 14, is more like 7 inches) and had them ordered before she could change her mind! In any event, her response was likely directed to a physical feeling, perhaps discomfort, that she wanted me to experience, which I think she now correctly perceives backfired! In any event, when I do have the chance to wear them, there is a clear and profound change in my attitude and emotions. I can’t say with any confidence right now that I feel “like a women” or better understand how they think and feel, but I can say that there are emotions attached. And, I think that may be on point to your inquiry and I hope it further fuels this discussion.

Sorry for the long post. I do get wordy as you all will find!

Welcome to the forum Britana... Yes, I think we all feel different in female shoes, in my case even flat boots. I am, as you can see from my avatar, a transgendered person. I am technically bi-gendered in that I am supposed to feel like a woman trapped inside a man's body on occasion but not all the time. I have two separate sets of emotions, a "conditioned" state and a "conscious" state. I might cry at a movie some of the time and not at others depending on whether I am in a conscious state and a conditioned state. Although I may have some feminine emotions and feminine mannerisms (I even have some feminine facial characteristics) I cannot say that I ever feel what a woman feels because I have never experienced a female mindset. So yes, you're right, some of us do feel different in women's footwear and/or clothes but we cannot possibly begin to know what a woman actually feels like.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks Dr. S. I must admit limited exposure and understanding of transgender issues. There is no prejudice or judgment there, just that I have never had occasion to consider the issues your comments raise. I hope to read more about these emotions to better understand and thanks for bringing this up!

First Britana, welcome to the forum.

Wearing women’s clothes/shoes/heels does generate a feeling in most of us that have tried wearing them, but that wasn’t the question. The question was, do we understand how women feel.

Lets put it another way, do you think women feel like you do when they wear women’s clothes/shoes/heels? Do women feel like you do if they wear men’s clothes/shoes? How could you possibly know how women feel about what she is wearing (or anything else for that matter)?

I think the feelings we experience (whatever they are) are not the same as a woman would feels (that is a guess based on no facts at all). For most of us women’s clothes/shoes/heels are an exploration into forbidden territory and that generates excitement. As other have noted, “women can wear anything they want” so there is no forbidden territory thus not the same excitement.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thigh:

Thanks for the comments - they are helpful for me. I'm fascinated by this thread in part because I think it overlaps (or I want to make it overlap) one area of great interest to me concerning the psychological affects that high heels may have on males or females, particularly in a sexual context.

I think one way we might know how women feel about what they wear is by asking them! I certainly understand that women can more readily wear what they want and for men it is an adventure into a forbidden territory. This comes I think from societal norms and expectations, as well as gender stereotyping that most parents practice even before children are born (blue and pink may be a classic example). As a result, women’s feelings about what they wear are likely influenced by these trends in that they are substantially more comfortable wearing shoes that society finds acceptable for them. But I think those same norms and expectations may come to bear on women in situations where the shoe extends beyond what society readily accepts. For example, a women in 6 inch heels is far from the norm where I live and will certainly attract the attention of both males and females. And, I have firsthand witnessed females making derogatory comments about other women in higher heels, a reaction that is not completely at odds with that given to men in women's shoes.

I don’t think the line can be drawn so precisely to say that women don’t feel like men in men’s cloths so we don’t feel like women in women’s cloths, nor do I believe that it is not possible to know how a women feels if you are not a women. You may not have firsthand knowledge of it, but if you ask her “How does wearing high heels make you feel?” you might get an answer that allows you to equate those feelings to emotions you experience. Together with the similarities in the judgments that society imposes between men in heels and women in extraordinarily (for the situation) high heels, I’m not entirely convinced that the OP’s question as phrased can be quite as quickly dismissed in the negative.

Then again, perhaps it is just me that is trying to make this more complicated than it is!

Yes, I do believe that the wearing of heels is an erotic experience both tactile and aesthetic. Heels have the effect of elongating the leg and, as my footwear design tutor pointed out, even footless models stand on their toes as if they were wearing heels. Elongated legs are a sign of sexual maturity and the legs are the limbs that lengthen the most at puberty. In addition, the sole of the foot between the heel and the bole of the foot and on the inner side is an erogeonous zone which is partly why it tickles. When wearing heels this comes into contact with the insole intermittantly, sending tiny erotic signals to the brain, so tiny that they are not noticeable but they add up giving great feelings of well-being. If they are in permanent contact like when wearing flats then the signals are "switched off". This is almost certainly what a woman "feels" when she wears heels from a biological point of view but the exact emotion that accompanies it is a mystery to us guys.

Hey guys and/or gals, We live in a world that wants us to believe human beings are so different by virtue of their equipment for the procreation process, they can't feel or think in similar ways. I contend the similarities of men and women are far more abundant than society wants us to know. Many of these differences are man-made, because we are forced into certain roles by the social expectations. We have created this imaginary "gender gap" from the making of our social ideals, which aren't always realistic to the actual life experience. Do you know what the person next to you, whether male or female, is thinking and feeling all the time? If you do, congradulations on your super natural skills as a personality reader. For the rest of us, this area of the unknown, causes a gap in understanding and makes relating to others something that needs a bit of effort. Society has used this gap of not knowing to exploit and magnify some of the perceived differences one sex has as compared to the other. Supported by the different perspectives, the various personalities, and the many roles that we have to individually deal with, this gap seems very real. If it were not for the fact that each one of us has all the gender trait abilities within us, this gap would actually exist. These traits are developed in varying degrees by, which helps us to understand why some men are more feminine and why some women are more masculine. However, the development of these abilities help verify who we are and gives us a bit of empathy for others. Now, to hone in on the answer to the original gest of this thread. Are guys able to have better insights to the feelings and comprehension of gals when wearing apparel made for women? Well, the physical contact with such apparel would be the same, because I believe men and women are not as alien as society would have us think. From the discussions posted in this and other forums, I would have to say some men really like the women's apparel over the clothes made for men. The effect of wearing high heels can no doubt change the stature of the wearer. In high heels, men can experience the same physical effects. These adornments may give some insight as to what both men and women have to go when they don the feminine wares. However, understanding and knowing the answers to the question here, depends on each individual's abilities to perceive the same point of reference as the other person is able to reveal, be they man or woman. It is like when a colorblind person is told something has a certain color. They perceive the color as they can, but all the hues or tints would be limited if not totally absent. The colorblind person may only see various shades of black and white as an example and not know the richness others see. So unless they once had a full color experience, they would be content to identify the object as the color some one labeled it, because they know nothing different.

Consider for a moment: men and women don’t refer to each other as the opposite sex without reason. The operative word is opposite. I suspect that a woman’s reaction to seeing another woman in 6” stilettos as Britana suggests,is generally different than a man’s reaction to seeing a woman in 6” stilettos. I think the training most of us have undergone from birth (pink vs. blue) that men and women dress and act differently has such a head start on forming our thinking that it is almost impossible for men to think like (understand) women and for women to think like men. I’m not sure our training the only thing that makes us think differently, there are different societal pressures on each sex and we may even be wired differently. The comparison to trying to relate to a colorblind person, that Histiletto made, is particularly insightful. Dr.Shoe – Thanks for providing another reason I like to wear boots. :santa_hat: