Steel or Plastic heel tips?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the crew they'll send will be armed with straightjackets rather than plasters :w00t2:

Do you think so..... It will be difficult to get MT in one off them.... or it is probably not needed.... just some water and the hinges get rusty....

We on the other hand better start running...in HH want be easy..

FL

Besides, without wanting to seem pedantic, I've noticed we're all in England... 911 won't get you very far :nervous:

Sorry, what's the emergency number again.... I watched that program to much....:santa_hat:

999...that's it

FL

FoxyLady

I'll just go and see the Wizard of Oz. Some WD40 and a nice pair of heels. Who said they only had one wish? :santa_hat: On the subject of games, I want to point out that in Monopoly, I always preferred the dog or the tophat piece. Ask me now and I might change my mind.

I'll just go and see the Wizard of Oz. Some WD40 and a nice pair of heels. Who said they only had one wish? :w00t2:

On the subject of games, I want to point out that in Monopoly, I always preferred the dog or the tophat piece. Ask me now and I might change my mind.

Isn't there a High heel in the Monopoly game....or is it a normal shoe.

It should be a HH shoe...looks better in the game....

I cannot imagine you in a harnas with High heels on.... It's possible, but looks somewhat out of "time"....:santa_hat:

FL

FoxyLady

Isn't there a High heel in the Monopoly game....or is it a normal shoe.

It should be a HH shoe...looks better in the game. . . .

FL

It's an old boot -- looks like it has had some serious wear. Not a heeled boot either :santa_hat: . I agree, a nice high heel would look so much better!

Have a happy time!

• 1 month later...

This is an interseting thread but it brings up several things to my mind:

First except on the web I have honestly never seen a pair of metal tip heels. I doubt too many places make them in a US12W.

Second are they harder to walk in? Does the heel slip on smooth surfaces? (Other than ice.)

From what I've seen they are usually spike heels, which I've never tried. So out of curiosity is that style in general harder to walk in? Right now the highest heel I have is four inch but it has about a 3/4" (2.5cm) ground area. I have a pair with a 3/8" (about 1cm) heel to ground area but they're only an inch and half tall.

When wearing what do you do when you come across a place posted "No Metal tipped shoes allowed?" We actually have several such places like that around here.

Thanks

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Still keeping me on my toes and weak at the knees then! ;)

Steel tips all the way for me!

Every pair of heels I have that I have bought that come with those horrible plastic tips - I immediately get them replaced with steel tips.

I just love the "clickty-click" sound as I walk along in heels!

Sarah

OMG! ;)

I've personally never come across a place that has those signs here in the UK, and dreading that it should ever!!

I haven't tried them on ice, but dont have any problems with metal tips at all, in fact on smooth surfaces, I think the grip is better than plastic tips.

When wearing what do you do when you come across a place posted "No Metal tipped shoes allowed?" We actually have several such places like that around here.

Well I've worn both, both plastic and metal heel tips, and I personally prefer plastic for 2 reasons. 1- They're less noisy so since I'm a guy I don't get that much attention on me 2- Metal heels tend to get slippery, specially on light rain situations and they're quite dangerous then, plastic tips act better on this kind of situations. That's my personal experience and also shared with the guy who replaces my tips, he tells me that he recommends all his customers to skip the metal heels due to this same reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interseting thread but it brings up several things to my mind:

...When wearing what do you do when you come across a place posted "No Metal tipped shoes allowed?" We actually have several such places like that around here. Thanks T&H

Considering how those steel tips are pure hell on the flooring ;) , I can well understand why an establishment might post such a sign. I presume you remove the shoes when entering such a place.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

But are we forgetting: No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service? Kind of becomes a small problem in that case. But I can certainly understand having ;) against them for the sake of the flooring. Having been in the building maintenace field where we had tap dancers on a marble floor I can really understand the flooring issue.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

But are we forgetting: No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service? Kind of becomes a small problem in that case. But I can certainly understand having ;) against them for the sake of the flooring. Having been in the building maintenace field where we had tap dancers on a marble floor I can really understand the flooring issue.

T&H

Well, maybe I'm splitting hairs, but even if you're carrying the shoes in yer hand - technically you have shoes. So if I were confronted by some beligerant manager about the shoe issue, I would give him the choice of which he would prefer - me wearing the shoes with metal tips, or my carrying them in my hand? :cool1:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, maybe I'm splitting hairs, but even if you're carrying the shoes in yer hand - technically you have shoes. So if I were confronted by some beligerant manager about the shoe issue, I would give him the choice of which he would prefer - me wearing the shoes with metal tips, or my carrying them in my hand? :cool1:

Maybe it is spliting hairs but it did give me a good chuckle.;) Thanks

T&H

• 2 weeks later...

The only pair of high heels I remember with steel tips were a pair of slides with a 4 inch high heel that my mother had years ago (I use to wear them all the time when she wasn't wearing them and I could still fit in them). When she walked on the pavement, you could hear her coming a mile away. But I don't think I've seen a pair in the store with steel tips. If anyone knows of any high heels with steel tips, please let me know. Thank you.;)

most the heels I have have the plastic heel tips. just the way it is....u know? I shop at the mall a lot. I have had a few heels I worn and then took a look at them and had the tip move off center and stuff. Yes, I will admit the cheap heel stores too.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 10 months later...

Any professional cobbler can fit steel tips on your heels. It's not an inexpensive job and apart from sounding more important, they last so much longer.

The only pair of high heels I remember with steel tips were a pair of slides with a 4 inch high heel that my mother had years ago (I use to wear them all the time when she wasn't wearing them and I could still fit in them). When she walked on the pavement, you could hear her coming a mile away. But I don't think I've seen a pair in the store with steel tips. If anyone knows of any high heels with steel tips, please let me know. Thank you.;-)

Restuarants do not require shoes for health code issues, but for liability reasons. They snuck it through the health code back door decades ago because there's a grain of truth to that. What they were really concerned about was getting sued when someone's open toe gets jammed on the door sill, or stepped on by someone else in line. Since most people respect health codes (who wants to get sick, right?) it carries more weight than a restuarant-only "right to refuse service" to barefoot individuals.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Restuarants do not require shoes for health code issues, but for liability reasons. They snuck it through the health code back door decades ago because there's a grain of truth to that. What they were really concerned about was getting sued when someone's open toe gets jammed on the door sill, or stepped on by someone else in line. Since most people respect health codes (who wants to get sick, right?) it carries more weight than a restuarant-only "right to refuse service" to barefoot individuals.

Are you (or anyone else) suggesting that, in the US, restaurants etc displaying a sign such as 'No shoes, no service' would refuse entrance, for purely safety reasons, to someone in open-toe sandals or shoes? If so, that must limit what many smart ladies wear on smart occasions.

I can see that a completely barefoot customer is a potential liability (quite apart from any issue of decorum, aside from a beach cafe or similar) but, if the rule is really 'No footwear, no service', why not say so?

This type of sign is sometimes seen in the UK but is rarely necessary as few people will go around with no shoes at all, except perhaps at the beach, pool or park. Common-sense and decency prevails, hippies aside! But some of the more picky places will refuse entry to men in sandals as well as those without a tie.

Are you (or anyone else) suggesting that, in the US, restaurants etc displaying a sign such as 'No shoes, no service' would refuse entrance, for purely safety reasons, to someone in open-toe sandals or shoes? If so, that must limit what many smart ladies wear on smart occasions.

I can see that a completely barefoot customer is a potential liability (quite apart from any issue of decorum, aside from a beach cafe or similar) but, if the rule is really 'No footwear, no service', why not say so?

This type of sign is sometimes seen in the UK but is rarely necessary as few people will go around with no shoes at all, except perhaps at the beach, pool or park. Common-sense and decency prevails, hippies aside! But some of the more picky places will refuse entry to men in sandals as well as those without a tie.

I think that those signs are intended to address issues of health and decorum. I have never seen anyone with any kind of footwear actually refused service or asked to leave. But I have seen and heard of individuals without footwear or shirts refused service; also, to a lesser extent, those who are merely wearing flip-flops or "thongs", which are really a rather flimsy excuse for footwear. Hawaii is the only place I've been where they have had widespread acceptance, but most other places rather frown on them.

Now I won't bother to go into the issues of why bare feet are unacceptable, especially in food establishments; and in like manner, I think that the no shirt rule is also rather self-explanitory. :w00t2: Again, Hawaii is the only place where I have seen bare-breasted women in public, and while I am not personally offended, I do think it in poor taste. Even nursing mothers would be well-advised to seek some sort of privacy.;-)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels