Embarassing moments

I was at a party this festive season. After having crouched down to pick a wayward profiterole off the floor. I then rose only to find that I while crouching I had stood the hem of my longish skirt with my heels. The heels ripped through the hem of my skirt and I found myself launched directly into the guys arms who I had been giving the brush off. I left covered in his wine with a huge tear in the back of my skirt. Lol, I must have a thousand such stories. What have your worst heel moments been?.

I was lounging on my bed and studying for a presentation I was to give. Since I wasn't expecting anyone to drop by, I had put on a pair of black patent high stiletto heeled pumps. Well, you guessed it. Not only did someone drop by, they came in unannounced and to top it off they were my supervisors, who were obviously amused at the sight. I was so surprised and embarrassed I nearly blacked out as I quickly rose to greet them. They didn't know, nor did I want them to know of my heeling desires at that paticular time. Now that I look back at this situation, there went another opportunity to break out of my secret world and I was so socially interverted I couldn't see it.

Since I wasn't expecting anyone to drop by, I had put on a pair of black patent high stiletto heeled pumps. Well, you guessed it. Not only did someone drop by, they came in unannounced

Gosh I suppose male heel wearers would be able to outstrip any of my embarrasing moments.

Did you explain it to them?.

I'm sure everyone has moments of extreme embarrassments. Life has a way of delving them out. I didn't exlpain anything to them. At that time I was in the secretive mode of heeling and not yet ready to defend my desires, so I coward down, put my heels away, and said nothing about what they had caused. I never saw them again, but have often wondered what I would say to them now. Who knows maybe I opened a window of enlightenment and they are now on this forum expressing their heeling experiences.

Guest Loveshiheels

Just over this chrismas break, my Mum and Dad went out shopping and so I wore my 7" platforms heels with straps. Will I know how long they go out for and they never come back straight into the house any way so I can hear them open the the front door which give me time to tale my heels off. After about 10 mimutes I heard the front door open and had to dash back into my bed room and started to take my heels off behind my bed and My Auntie came straight into the hallway outside my bedroom and started talking to me while I was taking my heels of. Luckly for me my Auntie didn,t see me wearing my heels, but that was I bit to close. That could of been embarassing

I was at a party this festive season.

After having crouched down to pick a wayward profiterole off the floor.

I then rose only to find that I while crouching I had stood the hem of my longish skirt with my heels.

The heels ripped through the hem of my skirt and I found myself launched directly into the guys arms who I had been giving the brush off.

I left covered in his wine with a huge tear in the back of my skirt.

Lol, I must have a thousand such stories.

What have your worst heel moments been?.

OMG! :santa_hat:

I hope you were able to convert that launch into a headbutt... I hope he got the dry cleaning / repair bill for his carelessness! :w00t2: Cant say I have had many moments other than lounging around watching tv or on PC or something when my brother decided to get a DVD from my room. To that day, I discovered wardrobe doors make good dressing screens, a bit like those boudoir screens but in MDF!

When I was living outside of London, I bought a new pair of boots for a night out the following evening. The next day I travelled up to London and was wandering around to grab a bite to eat before going into the club when my right heel snapped in half. There was no way I could repair it, nowhere open I could buy an alternative emergency pair of shoes and no way I could get home to grab another pair. I survived the night without walking like a lame horse and even managed to get some dancing in, but it was embarassing having to explain my mishap to the people who noticed. Needless to say, those boots went straight back to the shop the next day for a refund.

my right heel snapped in half.

I had the same thing happen twice now but the heel came right off.

The 1st time I was hopping off a gently moving bus in Stoke Newington.

I fell and wrecked my tights, cut my knee too.

Thankfully?,I was too overcome by pain to be embarassed.

I stayed well away from cheap shoes since then. It could have been much worse.

Embarrassing moment now. Admitting I've just been asked by a friend to help pick... wait for it... :santa_hat: a ruddy DVD recorder. Hows that for an anticlimax?! I'm just going to walk away now with my head held low. :w00t2: I guess if I pass a shoe shop on the way, it may just ease the suffering.

Ah, Cinnamon! A "glass is always half full" woman. No such luck, but all DVD samples gladly accepted for high definition DVD / TV research purposes only. And as they say on TV, all entries cannot be returned! :santa_hat: Joke! Well, no rest for the wicked. See you all soon! PS We seem to always generate a 5 star rating thread. Must be a good thing I hope!

Thanks for the posts - they made me smile today in the office.:santa_hat: Amanda - did you do the "get-up-quickly-carry-on-walking-no-one-will-notice" routine? My most recent embarrassing moment came when my SO and i were leaving the house to go to work. On our way out she picked something up from the floor. As i passed her, heading to the door, i noticed it was a size 48 pointy toed inner sole from a pair of boots i had been wearing the day before. I just caried on walking, got on my bike and headed off to work. As i looked back, she was standing in the doorway with my size 48 innersole in one hand, her other hand over her mouth and a look of disbelief and realisation on her face. Until that moment she had no idea about my liking for heels, but i think she's worked it out......although we still haven't talked about it yet!

Shouldn't you try to talk about i, Milan Heels. It is maybe a good moment to come out with your secrecy about your love for heels.... It is only a suggestion. I do hope it doesn't end up in a much worse conflict.... You know your wife better.... FL

FoxyLady

You are quite right Foxy, i admire anyone who has the guts to open up to their partner - i'm just building up the courage to start the conversation....i'll have a look on the site for a useful topic. "How to tell your SO" :santa_hat: I just want to finalise a look that i am happy with, because she's bound to say "lets have a look then"

Previously on Embarassing moments...

Embarrassing moment now. Admitting I've just been asked by a friend to help pick... wait for it... :santa_hat: a ruddy DVD recorder. Hows that for an anticlimax?! I'm just going to walk away now with my head held low. :nervous:

I guess if I pass a shoe shop on the way, it may just ease the suffering.

Well, yesterday was a bit of a wet squib. Wondered around a retail park all afternoon trying to find my friend's el-cheapo DVD recorder only to find that no one had any stock left!! :w00t2:

Still, I did spot only one knee weakening moment but I wasnt near any camcorders or digital cameras. Would I?

What am I missing, Milan_Heels? If she found only the inner sole from your boots - and, not the boots themselves -- how would she know it was from a pair of high heel boots? Couldn't you just say that it fell out of a pair of your shoes and you haven't had time to put it back?

• 2 weeks later...

I had an accident at a restaurant last year. It wasn't the heels to blame, well partly was I suppose. I was looking and feeling very elegant and was enjoying admiring glances, right up until I was heading upstairs to the ladies room. I had on a knee length skirt, somewhat tighter than I'm used to wearing. So tight that it didn't alow my foot to ascend the first step, causing me to stub my pointy toe on the way up and fall onto the stairs. Thankfully I wasn't hurt but I it certainly made my ears burn.

I'm not embarrassed by much (Thankfully, 'cause I'm an idiot, and life would be hell..).

But the time I accompanied a burlesque performer with size 4 (yes, FOUR!) feet on an "emergency shoe run" was a bit SURREAL: Lurking about the children's section searching for "slutty" shoes was a bit too "John Binet Ramsey" if I may say so...creepy! hahaha!

I heard the shoemenders saying thet Nine West shoes are sh*t. I hope the 4 1/2" canvas converse style shoes I just bought for summer aren't... worst moment.. taking my 4" grey suede boots off for search at airport control in front of ex and family... nothing found except a great pair of boots....

• 1 month later...

Here is my embarassing moment and this is a true story. When I was younger, I was at a party at some friend's house. We all were asked to remove our shoes because of their carpet. We all put our shoes and coats in one of the bedrooms. We were playing games including charades and lip sinking. I went to the bathroom and passed by the bedroom with the coats and shoes. There was a pair of black patent leather pumps with a three inch or so high heel. No one was around so I tried on the shoes. About that time the woman who owned them asked, "what do you think you are doing?" Thinking fast I said, I saw these high heels and I wanted to try them on, and then go lipsink a Tina Turner song. I think it will crack up everyone." She chewed me out for putting them on without asking her. She was afraid I might stretch them or damage them. I told her I didn't know whose shoes they were and apologized. I told her they fit OK. I asked her if I could wear them for the lipsink, and If I would wear them on their kitchen floor and do the lipsink there. She reluctently said OK. I asked her to introduce me as Tina Turner (and I'm not black, but that was the only female singer I could think of who sang and danced in high heels). I lipsank "Proud Mary" and everyone screamed! I had no intention of doing this when I tried on those high heels. It was embarassing, but it was fun getting out of that mess.;)