Have you ever been complimented by guys on what you're wearing?

thedesigner

now that 5" heels are coming on mainstream, we enjoy them, as all sorts are available, even 6" as in office. Enjoy it while they are mainstream, and maybe the deadheads in mens fashion will tentatively do 2" heels with platforms for men.... lmao It's a step when i'm complemented on wearing heels, maybe the guy in question will think 'well if he can i can' ..... so spread the message...!

• 6 months later...

Got a fantastic compliment from a guy while in Nordstroms looking for BUT not finding a pair of T-Strap 5" closed toe pumps.

I was wearing my 5" stiletto heeled lace-up knee boots. He told me that I looked good in them and asked if they were comfortable. I told him they were and that wearing them was very enjoyable, that if I could I would wear them all the time. He encouraged me to continue doing what I enjoy, said he saw nothing wrong with me wearing them.

He and his wife thanked me picked up their purchase paid and left. I tried on a couple different pairs of open toe T-Strap sandles (to fem for me) thanked the sales lady, got a couple of complements from other ladie customers, then I left. What a rush, never in my life would I expect somthing like that to happen, :winkiss::nervous::sad:

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

....I haven't turned any heads lately but my wife watched two young female Burger King employees laugh and say somthing in spanish after I walked by. What fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Had that happen to me a couple weeks back in Hartford CT (McDonald's next to the airport). Walked in, went to the b-room (loved the walk across the tile floor!), came out, 8 people were at the counter, I waited in line. Noone noticed except for the guy and girl behind the counter, both Spanish, and the guy told the girl "él tiene zapatos de las mujeres en sus pies", meaning "This guy has women's shoes on his feet". After I paid the money, I told the young lady "Si habla` espanol"...and the look on her face was funny!

I would imagine people noticed on the way out as the tile floor was loud, even though my jeans covered most of the shoe. It was fun.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Stilettoscot: Aren't facial expressions great. They say more then words could ever convey. What I have notice is, I get compliments alot from the women most saying "you pull off the heel wearing well, I wish I could wear heels like that" those who are in heels seem to ignore me as though maybe I am infringing on their territory

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I've had the compliment and the "look". Since all my compliments come from coworkers they are usually shielded a bit with sarcasm or humor. For instance one day when wearing my red high heels to work I had a guy say "Look, Jenn thinks she's Kelly Pickler today." I said it was humor... not good humor. :winkiss: Sometimes I'll get the "you look nice today" compliment. I can never tell if those come on days where I truly look nice or when I'm showing more cleavage than usual though. Still, all those compliments mean nothing to me... sure they are a little ego boost but there is nothing like getting a similar compliment from your own husband.

I have had the rare, but occasional complement from men. My favorite story was entering a bar where a college age guy was setting out front smoking. He was pretty buzzed, but not out of it. I walked in wearing a pair of navy blue Nine West slingbacks with a moderate heel. As I walked by, he said "Those are awesome shoes, man!" He made me stop and show him. He asked where I got them, I told him Macy's and thanked him for his complement and headed in. I am not even sure if he realized they were women's shoes, but he did like them. Of course I have also gotten a lot of positive feed back at gay clubs from guys, but crossing gender lines there isn't too much of a stretch.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have. It's a great confidence booster! Only once was I ever in a conversation about my heels that was uncomfortable, though not negative. I was in a fast-food place, sitting alone, eating my dinner. Two young boys sat near me. (I honestly think they just wanted to look at my boots.) I think it very courageous of them to have asked me about my boots, but they did. One of them said, "Mister, are you wearing girl's shoes?" I said, "No, I'm wearing my shoes." (They had a 4" chunky heel and about a 3/4" platform.) The other one asked, "Are you a dancer or something?" I said, "Nope." Then one of them said, "I really like them boots." I said, "Thanks." As a stranger, talking to young boys is difficult when you're alone. but talking about wearing high heels is just plain uncomfortable. I was kinda waiting for one of the boy's Dad to come over and tell them not to talk the weirdo in high heels. Glad that didn't happen. I've only ever seen one other guy near me wear heels out in public. I wasn't wearing mine at the time, but when he and I were approaching the front door to a local CVS, I said, "sweet boots!" and he said "thanks, dude". We talked a bit, but I didn't want to pursue a long conversation with him in the store. I've not seen him since. Sad.

...I told the young lady "Si habla` espanol"...and the look on her face was funny!

Maybe the look meant she was trying to figure out what you said - if you were trying to say "I speak Spanish" it would have been "Yo hablo espanol" (with a tilde over the n) - what you actually said was along the lines of "yes you speak spanish" but I'm not sure what the accent on the end of the "habla" does to the verb tense...

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Only been complimented once while wearing my heels, but I was actually in full femme with wig, make-up, nails, black womens dress pants, a white blouse, and black faux leather coat with a tie around the waist. The guy was behind the counter in an adult video store. He told me that I portrayed myself as a woman very well, I think his exact words were, "Wow, you really pull that off." That was after I said no thank you to,"Is there anything else I can help you with?" I have a very masculine voice, which is the only way he new I was CD'ing. That was back quite a few years ago, back when I didn't care what other people thought, and figured if i didn't talk, no one would notice. Nowadays, I am more grown into my masculine body and even deeper/more scratchy voice, and I can't cover my facial hair stubbs even with a close shave, so I don't go out anymore.

Maybe the look meant she was trying to figure out what you said - if you were trying to say "I speak Spanish" it would have been "Yo hablo espanol" (with a tilde over the n) - what you actually said was along the lines of "yes you speak spanish" but I'm not sure what the accent on the end of the "habla" does to the verb tense...

Aly

Correctamundo!

Grammar does count! He even could have shortened it by dropping the "Yo" as that is also grammatically correct. The accent mark is meaningless is this instance and should be omitted.

It's all about the heel!

Aly

I appreciate the Spanish lesson. Next time I see my 6th grade Spanish teacher, I'll be sure to let her know... :winkiss:

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Last saturday night I was wearing skinny black shorts, a leopard print top, a black blazer over the top, sleeves rolled up, and black 4" stiletto pumps. When I was walking from one room to another in club, one guy said, "nice shoes". My reply was, "thank you".

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

kneehighs, sometimes I think that guys that make such comments wish they had the courage to wear shoes like yours, themselves.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

From this outing I enjoyed yesterday:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/185327-post48.html

I was wearing thigh high boots in a bookstore and had a guy in his twenties say to me, "Cool boots, dude!" First time I've been complimented by a male on my footwear. Pretty neat if I do say so myself!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the kind words. I must say I didn't expect to have been complimented on the boots, but hey, it still quite a little rush!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Last week, a new co-worker (male) was wearing some awesome shoes. I had mistaken them for boots. They were quite long and narrow in the toe, very sexy to see. While we were walking down a flight of stairs together, I looked him in the eye and said, "Wow, man, great looking boots!" He then pulled up his pant leg to reveal that they were shoes. I said, "Either way, they look great on you!" Fast forward a few days... so it's casual Friday. I decided to wear a pair of boots with my long boot-cut jeans. They were men's boots, very long in the toe, about 10" high on my calf, with about an inch-and-a-half heel. They really are beautiful boots. (Thanks Steve Madden.) So, there we were having lunch together. He looked down at my boots, and said, "Now, those are gorgeous boots!" We didn't spend much time talking about boots, but you know, I want to see that reaction from him every day. I just need to go shopping for more and more boots!!!!

They are 20" Tall Tops black cowboy boots made by Western Ranch Boots, #WTB004. They cost about $292 US dollars, that is $229 retail plus shipping, handling, tax, and Canadian dollar conversion, back in 2002. I would imagine that they cost more today. But they do last long, I am going on 6 six years with that same pair.

Yes they are, I do feel a heel sensation walking in them. After being in boots all day (weekends), I can feel my feet getting sore and tired sometimes. It depends on where I go. Going to the movies is a little easier since I am sitting for about 2 hours. It is good to give your feet a massage and a break from being in heels. I am just curious as to what current prices are for boots like these, I am guessing over $400.

Just had to add that I definitely feel a heel sensation since I take shorter steps when walking in heels. My wife pointed out that I take shorter strides when walking in my cowboy boots. Here are a few shots of my Western Ranch Boots, black 20" Tall Tops.

post-14421-13352287284_thumb.jpg

post-14421-133522872843_thumb.jpg

post-14421-133522872844_thumb.jpg

post-14421-133522872848_thumb.jpg

Just had to add that I definitely feel a heel sensation since I take shorter steps when walking in heels. My wife pointed out that I take shorter strides when walking in my cowboy boots.

Here are a few shots of my Western Ranch Boots, black 20" Tall Tops.

Awesome boots. Have you thought of ordering the same boot with a 3 inch heel?

Yes I have thought of ordering that same pair with a 3 to 3.5 inch heel. Of course they would cost a bit more for a higher heel and for today's pricing. One thing about higher heels on cowboy boots, I have seen pictures on other web sites where the shaft of the boot tends to slant forward. I prefer a straight vertical shaft. Western Ranch Boots can even make boots with 4 to 6 inch heels.

...One thing about higher heels on cowboy boots, I have seen pictures on other web sites where the shaft of the boot tends to slant forward...

I agree. I've seen them as well. I guess if you really want to be in a heeled shoe/boot, it's an option, but personally I don't find them attractive at all.

Just today at work I had a customer compliment me on my western boots that have a 3" heel and 18" shaft.He wanted to know where I purchased them. I also had mine made at Western Ranch Boots about 4 years ago. I gladly gave him the Web site. I have been very happy with my custom boots. Sorry I have no picture to attach. Never have I had any negetive comments, only positive. Jim