the Christmas Bug

Nope, apart from a few seasonal sniffles, I managed to avoid any heavy cold/flu bugs this year (at least I have done so far).

I wasn't so lucky last xmas & the one before that when I was totally bunged up - hard to enjoy a slap-up turkey dinner with no sense of taste or smell!

The news today has been all about this Norovirus thing:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7169347.stm

Sounds nasty! I could do without catching that.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Got the runny nose thing before Christmas for a few days but just about everybody I know has caught something. Brother had it the first few days over Christmas when we went to Illinois to visit. Dang thing is every where.

real men wear heels

Your not on your own Nigel, i caught this bug about 2 weeks before xmas and it seemed to start clearing up but now has come back with a VENGEANCE! only good thing is , it's given me more heeling time, 2 days off work , my son at his mums , time too endulge myself . lol. Happy New Year too all!!

Guest Loveshiheels

Got this cold on new years day and its making me feel tired all the time. Should really take time of work but then I would not get paid and its to early in the year to take as holiday.

• 3 months later...

I had a bad cold on January 16th (two days before my birthday). High fever, head and chest congestion, and just feeling yuky. I was in bed two straight days. But after the fever broke, I felt 100% better, even though it didn't completely leave my system for about two weeks. I didn't take any antibiotics. Just over the counter relievers and chicken noodle soup and orange juice. Hopefully, my body will build up enough immunities on its own to fight off next year's virus.

I had a bad cold on January 16th (two days before my birthday). High fever, head and chest congestion, and just feeling yuky. I was in bed two straight days. But after the fever broke, I felt 100% better, even though it didn't completely leave my system for about two weeks. I didn't take any antibiotics. Just over the counter relievers and chicken noodle soup and orange juice. Hopefully, my body will build up enough immunities on its own to fight off next year's virus.

I'm not sure if all these bugs come outta Asia or what, but each new season they seem to have a new & improved, ruggidized version. Just think, since our modern medicines can't seem to keep pace with 'em; in a couple of years we'll need atomic weapons to kill 'em off! :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I'm not sure if all these bugs come outta Asia or what, but each new season they seem to have a new & improved, ruggidized version. Just think, since our modern medicines can't seem to keep pace with 'em; in a couple of years we'll need atomic weapons to kill 'em off! :o

Good point. It is very scary how much stronger these viruses get every year. When does it get to the point that we have nothing but our own immunities to fight them?

Thanks for the reply and I hope your health is good!:roll:

• 2 months later...