One step ahead of myself!

Hi Just thought to stop and say hi. Since joining a few days ago, I couldn't wait to start posting and thought best to drop a line in here as a new member. Started off as a true admirer but I guess I got curious and it went on from there! Will be on the lookout for advice.

I'm in Hackney, East London myself! :santa_hat: What is it you need to know Metaltips? The best places to get heels in your size? The best places to wear them? The clothes to wear with them? This is the right place, you only have to ask!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks Dr Shoe. I am just surprising myself that I have finally joined and thats as open as I have been! :santa_hat: I think my only question was where to get decent hh boots that cater for large calves. From looking at the posts, people seem to have a lot of luck with heels or is it just me reading the fortunate posts! I read from some posts that Duo are good, but then I find I then need EUR44 that they dont have. I have looked at Italian Heels and they seem to be the best place so far. Need some good knee or thigh but definitely not patent and trying to avoid having to get custom made. :w00t2:

if you want to start with some knee boots, try evans, but dont go to their website and give up, they along with all the others will be having a sale, go andpop into one of their stores, they cater for the fuller calf. best of luck, Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Welcome MetalTips,

I agree with Nigel, Evans is a wonderful resource for HH for the broader foot and fuller calf. If you go via the Ebay sellers, be careful, my experience is that Evans shoes & boots are very generously proportioned for their stated size, and I seem to always end up buying the next size down. So unless the seller offers and exchange policy and they usually don't as they are buying up surplus stock from factory "end of line" outlets to make a few bob, it will mean selling the ones you get wrong yourself.

The ideal situation would be to pop into an Evans store and try them on, however, I get the feeling that you are at the early stages and so you would not be comfortable with this. Next best thing therefore would be to come and join in at the Heel Meet. Some of the guys will undoubtedly be up for a spot of shopping on Oxford street where there are two Evans stores and you will be able to do some trying on in the right company.

Whatever you do, enjoy and wear with pride. Going out in heels will not make the sun rise in the west, and in my experience, Women just love it, certainly the three here at work do, I guess because I have yet to find a woman who doesn't love talking about footwear.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and the advice. TB2, yes I havent really got to the point of physically going into shops so have really depended on the internet. Maybe one day I will get to a point where I can have sales assistants running around for me! :w00t2: Had a quick look at Evans online and their boots look good but conscious of the rule that if you are a UK9, then you have to get one size up. Is that still the case or a myth? It has been a long time since my last purchase and that was an EU44 which seems to be perfect. Do people find sizing different depending on where you go? Thanks again. :santa_hat:

I guess I have been too conscious of sizing and not having the luxury or confidence to try on in shops. All of a sudden window shopping is not as fun as it used to be! :santa_hat: Been looking at Italian Heels again, think I need some retail therapy to calm my nerves.

MT, Like Dr Shoe, I go down a size in Evans and once I went down two sizes. I think you will be safe aquiring a pair of kneeboots through EBAY in theri UK9 as their calf is also generous. There are always lots of choice on EBAY. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 weeks later...