Forty hours in stilettos!

Nina

Just had my longest stint yet in high heels. They were black patent classic pointy toe shoes with thin four inch stiletto heels.

I put them on at 2:30pm on Saturday and didn’t take them off until 7:00am this morning!!! That’s forty and a half hours!!! I did just about everything in them. Thing is, I had to run an errand first thing, so only took them off for less than an hour and put them on again for at least another two!!!

I only had a bit of discomfort in one of my toes but that’s it, no other discomfort at all – and I don’t use these silly gel pads either! When I started out, I wore four inch shoes and couldn’t bear them for more than twenty minutes. Within weeks my feet adapted totally. I would advise other women here to persevere without these pads – just take it a bit at a time. Your feet WILL adapt, and you get better feel, grip and poise without them.

In case anyone is wondering, I did wash – just couldn’t take a shower :-)

I didn’t wear nylons though I usually do – so it may be a bit more uncomfortable after some time, as I find my toes slide right into the toe point putting more pressure on them.

All things said and done, if circumstances permitted, I could easily wear them way longer than that – and I really do love those shoes. They are getting pretty worn now, but I always wear them… and I love the click of the steel heel tips!!!

WOW! Nina, 40 hours in any dress type footwear can be fatiguing, at best, and you did it in stilettoes. HURRAH! Are foot pads really that helpful in the comfort factor when you are wearing heels? I hope you continue to have such good results. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and keep on heelin'!

Nina: Just one question reagrding this "marathon" of yours: WHY?

Don't get me wrong, I love wearing heels as much as everyone else on this board, but to wear a single pair of shoes for nearly two days non-stop doesn't make a bit of sense. I damn sure wouldn't pass up my twice daily shower just to do that. And sleeping in them? FORGET IT!! Not to denigrate what you had done, but that's simply not my cup of tea. To me, when it comes to wearing heels, it's more about the quality of time spent in them, not the quantity of time. Six or seven hours is enough for me and I enjoy that short period immensely.

However, if what you had done brought you enjoyment, that's the important thing. Don't let wet blankets like me influence you one way or the other. More power to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nothing wrong with Rapidshare as far as I'm aware: Platformchic, here's that photo again, though it will probably be deleted: JeffB: Aw it's just one of those things - not something I do very often:wave: Nina.

post-10207-13352285121_thumb.jpg

i'm going to give Nina the benefit of the doubt here.. that she was in a situation that didn't give her much choice.... here is why i say that.. recently..i had a 36.5 hour day... no going home.. no changing.. only time off my feet was driving.. after that.. constantly on the go. (no.. it wasn't heels.. ) but nontheless. it was tough a day.. fatigue really was brutal. why? i had multiple commitments that ran late one into the next and the commute distances were long especially due to the holidays. so.. i had to muscle through 36.5 hour day. so... maybe just maybe that is what happened to Nina. either way. nice shoe! i like it.. and it's the style my wife likes too!!! wonder what brand it was... I keep suggesting to my wife in time she'll adjust to wearing heels for longer and longer periods (and though she did learn that first hand).. she's backed off wearing heels as much due to career moves. my loss so to speak. RPM

it sounded like a wkd idea so i'm giving it a go... I'm doing 21 hours a day average, allowing time to change stockings, wash, etc, and with the same size 6 bertie 4" laceups soulmate gave me.... Luvin it !!! 36 hours now and another nite in them will be great fun !!

I made 44 hours last week quite by chance, Was suffering from this flu bug typething thats hit the country and my son was away from home , so too cheer me up decided too have some heeltime, Thought i'll see if can make till bedtime 8 hours ish, but by this time was so comfortable in them ( double strap mules with 4.5" heel) decided too give sleeping a go,no problems , apart from showering , back on they went a full 24 hours went by , another night and only had too give up around 2.30 the following afternoon ( another 14 hours)when a friend arrived at my door totally unexpected. They just felt sooo comfortable, sort of forgot at times they were on! What a fine feeling of satisfaction i had , not got above 25 before ,will try too post pics of them if i can get my camera and comp too communicate with each other .

all i can say is wow nina! id hate to think what id feel like after that many hours.. then again.. the medical conditions i have i dont think would even allow me to stay awake for that many hours.. my work may have me on 10-13 hour days, but honestly i cant stay awake too much longer than that that easily either