Custom made boots, I wonder.....

Hi Gang, I ordered a pair of custom-made high heel knee boots October 4th of last year. I did receive a pair a 2 months later on December 16 they were too tight and had a different style heel than pictured on their web page. Dont get me wrong they were a nice looking pair of boots. To my untrained eye it looked like a rush job, the shaft was made to fit my leg but the lower foot part looked like a standard off the shelf size 45 and that size was stamped on the boot sole. My shoe size is a US 13EEE (Euro size 47 ?) and this was made clear to them before I placed the order and they said we can make them. I sent them back to the manufacture in France and customs held them wanting 20% tax paid on them because I had indicated an insured value. I filled out the customs form like they asked but Im not mailing a pair of boots that I paid several hundred dollars for uninsured. The manufacture finally received the boots back on March 11th of this year so there goes 6 months of waiting. I have sent many emails to this company and received a few back most with excuses, customs held them, I sent the wrong measurement the first time?, the main key maker for the boots had been sick and in the hospital but was back part time with an enormous back log. June 4th I was told they would be ready for shipping mid June. Another email and a response back on July 8th they were having a problem making the last wide enough and it was trail and error hope to have them read to ship later this month. I tried to be flexible and sent another email on July 12 saying if the boot style was causing a problem due to the width and the boot has a semi pointed toe to change it to a square toe boot with a matching heel he said they would look at it. After waiting another month I sent an email and he said they were closed until August 21st for summer vacation and he would send me an update when he returned, still waiting...... I started sending emails in early September and got a response back that he had just returned from trade shows and would let me know something ASAP, still waiting....... On September 27 I sent yet another email and received one back the same day saying they would be shipped next week. Well the week of September 30 has came and gone and its now October 29th he will no longer answer my emails asking for a shipping date and what mail service they used. Im rambling but this is a rant form and was just wondering if anybody here has had similar problems. I will give them a plus for the quality of boot they sent the first time very nice and some of you have boots in you collection from this boot maker. Can any body here recommend a good boot maker that will deliver and not leave you hanging in the wind to twist....... :x Am I asking too much ? Thanks, I feel better now. Kelly

Perhaps there's someone that reads this board that can personally visit this comapny on your behalf and find out what the real story is. Anyone out there willing to help this member? Other than packing your tent and stealing away into the night (writing this incidnt off as a complete loss and gaining unforgetable -- and expensive --experience) perhaps a good French Lawyer ((now, there's an oxymoron for you??))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Bubba136, In my last email to them that was answered I asked for a delivery date or refund and was told they would go out next week. I dont mind waiting several months for a pair of custom made shoes/boots just to get something that fits and looks nice. This being my first pair of customs has left me a little leery of ordering anymore. I cant find anybody with within a reasonable distance on the East Coast that I can drive to and be fitted. I have though of calling them on the phone but the person I have been working through is the only one that speaks English, so what if he is not there at the moment. More money lost on the boots and if I were able to speak to him I could get the same thing. It would be very nice and much appreciated if there is a person on this board that lives near Le Boupere-France that could drop and see whats going on. I did send emails to Western Ranch and The Little ShoeBox asking if they could make a pair of ankle boots like this "http://www.silhouette.nl/fotoos/volledig/2418-10-5.jpg" . Next time I will have to get some type of guarantee of delivery time or a refund. My credit card holder will not refund anything over 90 days from original purchase so 2 to 3 months sounds like a delivery time. As for getting a lawyer I dont know if the expense would be worth it for $326.00 just more money tied up in the same pair of boots I may or may not ever receive. I hope the high heels gods are not angry with me for some reason :lol:

<snip>

I did send emails to Western Ranch and The Little ShoeBox asking if they could make a pair of ankle boots like this "http://www.silhouette.nl/fotoos/volledig/2418-10-5.jpg".

<snip>

That's a coincidence, I got the same pair, but in a knee-high version. They walk very easy and make your feet seem very small. Very nice boots indeed.

Lion

Lion, I would only be too lucky to buy off the shelf......... :lol: Glad somebody can, I think there is an a conspiracy to keep guys out of good looking foot wear. Women that need above size 10 or 11 have a hard time too. Kelly

:x Arrrrrrggggggg! another week goes by and October is over still no boots! Many feelings of frustration. Guess Im going to make a phone call across the big pond and see if I can get some love that way.

I ordered these Wednesday evening and UPS dropped them off today nice soft brown leather with a 4 inch heel size 14 wide :lol:

http://www.sexyshoe.com/w9608.jpg

Later,

Kelly

Yes, Sexy Shoes service is reliable and quick (if you pay for 2nd day shipping). And, yes, a telephone call to the manufacturers of your boots in Germany would really be a lot cheaper than hiring a lawyer....LOL

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well I dont know what to think, should I get my hopes up? :lol:

I fired off a volley of emails yesterday to every address I could find for the company from my work address (thinking I may be on a blocked sender list). Guess what I got a response stating my boots were shipped standard international mail on October 29th.

So now I wait again for 2 to 3 weeks to see if they arrive and what they look like. I dont know what they are sending me due to the lack of returned mail and me giving them the option to change the toe and heel to make the process easier. Guess its a grab bag chance..........

I have a cold 12 pack in the frig im going to :drinking: and then :sleeping: it's been a long year.

Later

Kelly

• 1 month later...