Do you drive when wearing heels

Guest Loveshiheels

DOH!... I've just seen who I replied to earlier.... Silly me...

Don't fret....it's a genuine mistake and I doubt if any offence will be taken.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank all that have made any comments about my driving heels. The blue platforms are about 6 inches high. Bought these at Bakers. They are great with jeans! Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Must say, I like driving in heels.I wear boots every day to university now.4 inch wedge or 3.5inch boots.And I always drive to and back from class with them on. Last week Monday I drove around in the boots in my avatar.I have to admit that I do drive more careful than I would without them on.

• 3 weeks later...

Toolin' on down the highway in my 16 year old pickup truck with a 5-speed on the floor. Ipod in the dock listening to my tunes wearing stilettos. It just doesn't get any better than that. Oh wait, maybe it does.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I drive my car wearing heels, too. Up to 6" stiletto heel is no problem. Didn't tried my 7.7" boots - seems too dangerous...

LOL Stiletto69 - it's good that safety is on your mind. :)

I have driven a few times in heels but I have been advised that it is not the wisest thing in the world - so have not done so for a number of years.

I can see the "thrill" of doing it, but I also can see the dangers. No matter whether it's a male or female doing it.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

I really don't see what the big deal is though. I find it is no more difficult to drive in high heels than in flats.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

When I drive to my wading points it's wellies, Land Rover thick mud winch nearest tree etc, not a heel in site. Yes I do drive in heels but nothing over 3 inches and a Land Rover is not that quick so no real problems plus large pedals and loads of foot room.

life is not a rehearsal

I've experienced it some times, once in boots; then in my blue heels in the avatar; then in my 8-inch platforms. 1) I forget exactly how I did it, meaning I forgot if I had my boots on going to or had to put them on (they're thigh-high). Either way, I kept them on when I went to a pretty distant store (other side of town, really). Sadly, it was pretty hot that day, and had to bring the wearing to a close. I managed pretty well in them, though. Even with the 2-inch plat. 2) Drove in them the first I got them. Again, sadly, had to take them off. They were a little tight around the edges, and driving wouldn't have been the wisest thing at the time. But at least I got a mile from my friend's house before doing so :) 3) Had begun leaving the gas station, and decided to show my driving skills to the onlookers in front of me while pulling out. The same onlookers asked me a few things before They left before me, so I was caught off-guard and saddened that I couldn't have showed off a little more :) From a few other times of driving in them, they're manageable, but I do quickly realize the thing that others on here have said: Really is A LOT harder to drive when you're wearing them.

Formally "HHDude"

As often as possible. It's one of the few "alone times" I can wear heels without attracting the flack of the masses.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I was wondering,how easy is it to drive a manual with heels on especialy shifting gears?Got a new car this weekend,its manual and my previous car was automatic. Id have to think twice about driving with heels on now :)

I was wondering,how easy is it to drive a manual with heels on especialy shifting gears?Got a new car this weekend,its manual and my previous car was automatic.

Id have to think twice about driving with heels on now :)

As long as you wear single-sole heels, you should be OK, if a bit uncomfortable because of the unfamiliar ankle angle. The big danger is wearing platforms. Without thinking about it when stopping, you lift off the gas an almost exact (short) distance to move your foot over to the brake pedal....all out of sheer habit. With plats, that distance needs to be 1" - 2" higher to avoid hiting into the edge of the pedal, not the top of the pedal. At speed that old habit can slow your braking time down just enough to ensure that your'e the first to arrive at the scene of the accident. Practice, practice, parctice.

As long as you wear single-sole heels, you should be OK, if a bit uncomfortable because of the unfamiliar ankle angle. The big danger is wearing platforms. Without thinking about it when stopping, you lift off the gas an almost exact (short) distance to move your foot over to the brake pedal....all out of sheer habit. With plats, that distance needs to be 1" - 2" higher to avoid hiting into the edge of the pedal, not the top of the pedal. At speed that old habit can slow your braking time down just enough to ensure that your'e the first to arrive at the scene of the accident. Practice, practice, parctice.

As someone who drives in heels all the time, I must agree with you. Single sole heels, no matter how high (and yes...I have driven in 6" heels) - are far better for driving. You have more 'feel' through the sole and you're less likely to have your shoe slip off the pedal - or simply miss it altogether.

I have driven in platforms and not only are they more unweildy, you tend to have less feeling on the pedals, and press them harder as well. There have been many times, driving in the wet, when I have planted my platformed foot harder on the gas than I intended....and pulled away with madly spinning back wheels.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks for the advice.When I have time during the uni exams Ill drive somewhere quite and practise.Driving with heels in my auto was easy.The manual might be slightly different.Pussyinboots I dont know how you can manage 6inches single sole lol.I really admire people that can walk and drive in those heels.Not for me :)

I would say that driving with any thick sole footwear is tricky. I prefer thin soles when I'm driving as I get more control on the pedals. Security footwear are also very unpleasant for driving, more or less like platforms. I have no problem driving and do so frequently. I don't use very high heels when driving as I usually do it when street-heeling and my usual boots for outings are 3.5" to 4". I've done it with 5" and platforms too, but I prefer single sole shoes.

Thanks for the advice.When I have time during the uni exams Ill drive somewhere quite and practise.Driving with heels in my auto was easy.The manual might be slightly different.Pussyinboots I dont know how you can manage 6inches single sole lol.I really admire people that can walk and drive in those heels.Not for me :)

I only drive automatic now Sweetie. I stopped buying manual cars about 10 years ago.

I only drive automatic now Sweetie. I stopped buying manual cars about 10 years ago.

Thats pretty boring :)

I've had enough problem with automatic cars and really missed the manuals.Drove a manual in South Africa,moved here and got automatic.Real boring hehe.

I agree that you have more feel and control with the pedals in single sole shoes,be it womens or mens.Ill hav e a drive and post an update on it.

As someone who drives in heels all the time, I must agree with you. Single sole heels, no matter how high (and yes...I have driven in 6" heels) - are far better for driving. You have more 'feel' through the sole and you're less likely to have your shoe slip off the pedal - or simply miss it altogether.

I have driven in platforms and not only are they more unweildy, you tend to have less feeling on the pedals, and press them harder as well. There have been many times, driving in the wet, when I have planted my platformed foot harder on the gas than I intended....and pulled away with madly spinning back wheels.

Platforms are for dancing and teasing !!!! :)

Elegance is my second name

I drive a manual transmission car while wearing pumps with single sole and 5" stiletto heels. As pussyinboots says, you do have more feel through the sole and less slipage and I have not had any problems.