Do you drive when wearing heels

Guest Loveshiheels

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regularly drive in 5" heels and don't find it a problem at all.Sometimes when its safe to, I like to drive fast and I usually save this for when I've got normal shoes on. I find I don't have the same finese when in heels,so I drive slower,in fact I normally drive a lot slower because I don't want to get to my destination and have to take my heels off :santa_hat: One thing that is bad about driving in heels is kicking the sill and damaging the paint when I get in and out :w00t2: Scooby

• 1 month later...

I love driving in Heels, I have often driven long distances like 800 kilometres, but i cant resist stopping and going for a walk at times too. It is even more fun driving a bus with heels. the posture is different and the foot is flater on the floor. Often i drive a bus for 250 kilometres with heels. I dont have passengers on at the tie, but sometimes i feel it would be great to have a pair of slip on heels tat i could change into whilst driving even with passengers on board. It is perhaps no different to walking in hels, just takes a little getting used to

Blacksheep

Driving with heels is exiting for me (tried only once with 5" stilettos). But my personal feeling is that's a little bit dangerous as you don't have the full "management" of your feet. Never tried with a manual gear car, but should be more inconvenient as you need to change your gear everytime (except on highways)...

I agree - I love to drive in heels. I have many pairs that I drive in - depends on the season. Winter in West Michigan demands some nice 4-5 inch side zip boots. I also have many 4-5 inch pumps that I keep in the car. No problem with the pedals - just have to get used to it. Bernheels

Couldn't agree more; manual shift or automatic, you just have to get used to it, whether heels are "men's" or 3", 4" or 5." I have not tried driving with over a 5" heel and don't plan to as the angle for me would be much too awkward.

It's all about the heel!

I drive in heels regularly and have never had a problem with them myself. I do agree with Thedesigner that work boots are much worse, their width catches both brake and fuel at the same time! I actually have to ware a pair of trainers when I drive the large trucks/lorries for work to prevent the aformentioned problem.

While we are talking of driving would anyone mind clearing up a piece of curiosity for me? Here in the states the pedals go left to right clutch, brake, fuel is it the same in a right hand drive car or is it reversed? Just curious.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I live in left hand drive country, but I have driven cars in a few right hand countries. The position of the pedals is the same as in left hand countries. Luckily ! Otherwise it would have been very scary, driving and thinking about doing e v e r y t h i n g in reverse ! Driving on the "wrong side" is not as difficult as it seems. But you need some time to get used to it. Last year I was in the UK for my job, and had to rent a car. I was happy I made the first curves out of the parking garage without damage. But after one hour it's getting comfortable. After two days, it felt like I did it for years. I have never driven on the "wrong side" in heels however. But I would be great to try it.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Good point on the "correct side" bit in the UK.

OK - there's been 1700 views to this strand, and only 43 comments???

To answer the question in the title, my answer is "on occasion, yes", though I have not tried platforms. Boots only.

Dan

I've driven in everything from 3" wedges to my 8" platform sandals, and have not had any accidents yet (knock on wood). It's fun mashing down on the pedal when you have heels on - just that feeling of power (not that anyone here would have ever done that *chuckle - yeah right*). I have a feeling many others feel the same way. Heels + wheels = WIN!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I sometime drive with 4" stiletto pumps or 5" stiletto sandals, a manual car, and no problems, also in mountain roads. I don't matter if I riun my heels, I want to use them.

I have driven in 4.5 inch pumps and I actually don't mind but having to keep paying attention to not scuffing up the leather takes away from relaxing in them so I have a pair of flats inside the car. I don't walk around in public though sadly!

Never a problem in my "normal" 5" oxfords. I tried driving in a 7" platform once though and I felt obviously in less control - and this was an Automatic - no clutch!. The worst is that the back of the heel (up where my heel is - not the tip) gets a little worn in the shoes.

Yesterday, I drove a bus 250 kilomtres over three mountain passes, It is a lot easier to drive a bus than a car in heels as the foot sits better on the floor. It was a manual gear shift bus, so lots of gear changeing. Sadly had to change shoes when i got there.

Blacksheep

I have no problems driving in high heels. I drive mostly in 4 or 5 inch heels, but I have driven in 6 inch heels. And I have a car with a manual transmision. My last thre cars were manual transmisions and there were no problems.;)

Yesterday, I drove a bus 250 kilomtres over three mountain passes, It is a lot easier to drive a bus than a car in heels as the foot sits better on the floor.

It was a manual gear shift bus, so lots of gear changeing.

Sadly had to change shoes when i got there.

hi Blacksheep,

It must feel great to drive a bus in heels ! Did you wear the heels which are shown in your avatar ?

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Yes they are the same shoes. I think they are more comfortable to drive a bus in than flats, just I dont get to drive empty very often so i can where heels. Maybe you need try it. with a manual tranmission and lots of hills, means lots of foot work for both feet. probably the only problem is that ones knees get closer to the steering wheel when lifting foot onto clutch pedal.

Blacksheep

• 2 years later...

No longer. I wear flatties/ scrunchies when driving. Sadly I learnt the hard way - driving damaged the decorations/ fine leathers on the heel-cup and on the heel itself by rubbing on the carpets/ matts/ pedals etc. Anyway - I like my shoes too much to risk any damage, so change to flats - which I always carry in a bag - and I keep a pr in my car. Cheers Heel-Lover

Well botheration.. I just saw what i typed (an abbreviation) just above somehow converted itself from 'p r' to 'page ranking' Last sentence in previous post should read.... Anyway - I like my shoes too much to risk any damage, so change to flats - which I always carry in a bag - and I keep a pair in my car. Cheers Heel-Lover

I never leave the house in anything less than a pair of 6" ,single sole, spiked heels. I do have a pair of Rockports in the car, In the event I get stranded or have to change a tire. I never worry about damageing the heels becouse I have a huge bath towel ( instead of a floor mat ) on the floor that protects my shoes. Also, I can replace the towel with a clean towel whenever. Mike