Do you drive when wearing heels

Guest Loveshiheels

I drive in heels sometimes too. Up to 4" is no problem. But you need to get a feeling, if you have to brake or try put the car in a parking lot. P.S.: In Germany it is not forbidden, to drive barefoot, in heels or with other strange shoes. But you could get problems with your insurance, that they will no pay completely.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I don't drive much. But the main problem I find with driving with any nice boots or shoes on is that it is murder on the leather. Too many scrapes. But I've done it anyway. Probably never tried it with higher than 4". It worked fine. You just have to make sure the ball of your foot is squared properly against the pedals. Shoes with very pointed and long toes are more of a problem than high heels, I think. I have one pair of boots I got in 2005 which I have worn driving recently with extremely pointed toes. The spiked heel is only about 3 1/2" I think, but I kept missing the brake because I was touching it with the point of my boot.

I drive in heels often, but I find it deteriorates prematurely shoes, especially heels.

more here hole as the carpet in front of the pedals ...

the problem with carpet can be solved pretty easy: just put a plastic winter mat. I have those mats on all 4 seats, so it helps keep car clean and there is no holes in carpet. :smile:

• 9 months later...

Of course I drive whilst wearing heels, well up to 4 inches anyway. I wonder if driving whilst wearing heels is the reason that women get cheaper car insurance, It's much more difficult to get the pedal to the metal and therefore speed. (Controversial or what?) All this driving on the right is the fault of some jumped up Corsican. All proper Imperial countries drive on the left, we can thank the Romans for that!! (What did the Romans do for us?) So driving on the Left is the right side and driving on the Right is the wrong side. Ian

Yes, I often drive in heels but if I wear high heels (more than 3"), I switch to a pair of old ballerina flats that always stay in my car for that purpose, and switch back to heels once I park. I like to drive in high heels, but I think that's not safe. And could I honestly pretend to be serious if I had an accident with 5" heels on my feet ?

Edited by Marion

I alway throught it was unsafe to drive whist wearing heels. What do you think.

Really? Oh, goodness! I've driven in heels loads of times, usually four inchers, and for the better part of 30 years. I prefer it, and whenever on a long trip while driving by myself, I still do. Never a worry.

Back in school, in the 80's, long before I would ever dare step outside wearing heels, I'd step into either my pair of blue or white pumps and would cross a third of the United States of America in heels. I'd take them off (switch to sneakers) when I'd stop for gas, but that was all.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, heels often and up to 4.5 " heel, wedges and lots of types. You got to figure that if you going somewhere wearing heels may as well get use to them on foot all the time. I do appreciate that wear marks will happen and that the floor boards can take a beating but that is everyday wear and tear. Driving a sports car in them is cool! Mtnsofheels

I don't specifically wear heels just to drive in them. But if my outfit includes heels and I'm going out, I will drive in them. Took a bit of getting use to at first. But once adjusted, everything is fine!

Hi All, I drive in heels very often. 5.5" pumps or platforms, bring it on. My vehicle is a manual transmission, so there is lots of clutch action. Never had any problems. Friction marks on the heels can be a bit of an issue, but I have some preferred driving shoes now, that only gets used for driving. you don't want to spoil your expencive shoes. My favourite pair is black 5.5" pumps from Pleaser.

I often drive in heels. Up to about 4 inches seems to be no problem. Haven't tried 6+ inch or plats. But it certainly is fun!

I've done it in plats from 6 to 7.5 inches and my fiancee tells me that I seem to drive better in them than I wear my regular tennis shoes.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really drive in heels, but I will if the heels are two and a half inches or less. Do not own any platforms would not wear them anyway. What happens if somebody drives into your car by accident are you going to get out in your high heels no I won't take the risk. If I am driving a long distance I quite often drive with no shoes on at all.

life is not a rehearsal

I quite often drive with no shoes on at all.

Here in the US (in Maine anyway) that is illegal.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi Personnaly I appreciate to see women driving with heels Altough I have been a man, I have experienced to do it and I find that in town it could be nice to drive with heels; they are like a pivot between gas and break pedal and could be easier than with flat shoes ....And the advantage is I am so affraid to be seen that it oblige me to drive very carefully with my heels ! I think that modern cars are easier to drive with heels than the old cars which had some pedals joined to the floor nowadays -----> So ladies: you don't have excuse to change shoes to drive with these modern pedals ! More seriously , I recognize that driving with heels at high speed could be very dangerous, but in the town by low speed it is nice. Unfortunately, even here in France, my women coworkers used now to change shoes : heels at the office and flat shoes to drive and to walk. regards

All, I drive in heels every day now. Ten years ago it was a couple of times a week. Wedges are my favorite shoes for driving but I have driven in pumps, boots, and platform sandals. As far as driving long distances I am very good at it and do a variety of things to ensure I am alert and involved. Wearing heels while driving long distances helps keep one involved and focused on the mechanics of driving. Cruise control is a great tool which certainly gives the feet a rest. When one live in a country that measures distances in how many days it takes to drive and whose total road network is over 6 million miles (10 million km) then one gets a lot of practice. HappyinHeels