Where Do You Buy Your Larger Sized Shoes?

barney15c

Where does everybody who are not lucky enough to be able to wear regular size womens shoes (Size 9 plus) buy their shoes from. To start the ball rolling: 2 Pairs of 4" Ankle boots from Tall n Small (Sz 10 UK) 1 Pair of 3" Ankle boots Argos Additions (Sz 10 Wide) 5 Pairs of Various Court Shoes 4" & 5" from Hayway Sz10 5" in 11) 1 Pair of 2" Purple Mules from Barratts (sz10) 1 Pair 2.5" Beige Mules from Essence (Evans) (sz10) 1 Pair of 4.5" Vebenni Block Heel Mary Janes (sz10w) 1 Pair 4.5" Laced Court Shoes (The Highest Heel) - Ebay (US sz11) 1 Pair 3" Purple Snake skin mules from Essence (Evans) sz10 1 Pair 3" Block Heeled Boots from Evans sz 9Wide I have bought all of my shoes / boots mail order and the last 6 pairs were off ebay. One day I will get the nerve to buy them from the shop in person although the only place i know that would have them in my size is Evans - though they are getting very stylish these days, anyone think of any other places that do Sizes in 9/10/11 in the high street?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Next seems to do some bigger sizes, but they're bloomin' expensive. I'd suggest Brantano. They do bigger sizes, tend to have a good selection, are great at customer service, and have lots of nice racks for you to hide behind :lol: Brantano also have two different ranges, one in artificial materials and one in genuine leather, so you can pick and choose.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Yes I have dealt with one of the two women who head the company (Jackie) and she was very friendly when she has taken my orders over the phone. Although the shoes are well made I wish they would give the option of having leather instead of man-made materials - i realise that they would cost more. BTW anyone dealt with "The Little Shoe Box" of London- what are there prices like considering they are custom / handmade. Their web site is very basic and does not give any indication of their prices. IE do they compare favourably to Leatherworks also based in London. One more thing do Brantano do many styles of boot in sz10 or just a very small selection?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I’ve no experience with Leatherworks. I do, however, have two pairs of pumps with 7” heels from LSB (http://www.thelittleshoebox.com/images/shoes/4118.jpg ).

Fine quality and, I think, reasonable prices for custom, hand made shoes in these times. I recently inquired on the purchase of a pair of black and white pumps with 6” heels (style X-10, size 8½ UK) and was quoted a price of £75 and another £25 for customs and shipping to the USA. (Oh, they promised delivery in 3 weeks.)

(7" heels are difficult to wear, by the way)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I feel blessed that I happened upon Rave's here in Denver, as that way I don't have to deal with the mail-order hassle, and can actually try them on beforehand. I've gotten over 20 pairs from there so far. :(:lol::)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Yes, I did get it up and running a while back, so it is operational at this time. Due to hard feelings going on right now between myself and The Mistress, I doubt I'll be doing any more updates to it, as I've not even been compensated at all for the time spent on the creation and hours of retouching images so they don't look like crap. Sorry....bit of a sore subject right now..... :argue:

No....I refuse to do business with an underhanded b**** like her anymore. She uses people until she can't use them anymore, and then tosses them aside.

I'll be going to www.sexyshoe.com for my heels in the future - not that I need them now as my closet is pretty full.

• 2 months later...

would like to buy a pair of knee high black or brown leather boots with 3 or 4 inch wedge heel uk size 11,can anyone point me in the right direction?

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Hayway staff are very friendly and it's a factory unit so no other shoppers (they only allow 1 at a time in the showroom).

I can recommend going there - they're in Leicester

Hmmm... I'm not far from Leicester - where exactly are they.

I wonder if several members of HHPlace could claim to be one person and all sneak in at once?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• Payless - 3 shops near me and about 10 more within 40 miles for when I'm on a quest for that great pair of shoes that the local store only had in size 6
  • Payless.com - they only carry the current style lineup. sometimes a style will be there for a couple weeks then disappear and never show up in the stores.
  • ebay - 2 sellers I keep on my favorites list are bobandangie and heelbuy
  • JCPenny.com - I'm fortunate to wear woman's 11 and about 90% of their shoes are available in that size. Curiously, they have 11 on shoes that other stores only stock to 10.
  • stevemadden.com - they don't seem to have as many 11's as they used to, but their web site does have an 11+ category so it's easy to check out
  • Macy's
  • the Reebok outlet - about the only men's shoes I buy
  • various other local and internet stores but just a pair here and there

I've had good experiences with the above, and I'd also like to add americanheels.com to the good guys.

Avoid howcool.com

Most of my shoes and boots have been purchase online at either Frederick's of Hollywood or Sexy Shoes (Michigan). The have many styles up to a women's 14. A few larger. The service from Sexy Shoes has been very good, with the shoes arriving in 5 days or less.

Everyone should wear boots!

I'm lucky, US mens 8.5, US womens 10. SO, anywhere really. Except for knee length boost, I have rather large calfs and they can't zip up all the way. I have to modify some block heel Caressa boots, read cut and stitch in elastic, so they will zip up.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Hi, I wear a womens size 11. I get most of my sandals from the following places, all carry up to a size 11. Macy's, Nordstrom, Steve Madden, Pay Less Shoes, Newport News.com. Some have better selections than others, depends on season, store location etc. SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

One more thing do Brantano do many styles of boot in sz10 or just a very small selection?

You could always go look :lol:

But they have a quite reasonable selection in that kind of size. Alternatively, there's Evans, but they're a clothes shop with shoes, rather than a shoe shop. They cater for more cuddly women, hence the larger sizes in nice shoes. They're on most high streets, too.

I have been to a store named DSW on a number of ocassions now. I don't know how wide spread they are but they are fairly big in the eastern US. They carry both mens and womens shoes. Most of the store is just long low aisles and you can see from one side of the store to the other. I have had no problems in the womens section when I see something I like, I then look to see if they have it in my size (11) and then just sit on one of the stools and put them on and walk around a bit in them to see how they feel. I have even had a few conversations with other women also trying on shoes while doing this. So far no one has ever said anything to me or within my hearing, not even any dirty looks. So from me, just go out and do it.

• 3 months later...

You could always go look :D

But they have a quite reasonable selection in that kind of size. Alternatively, there's Evans, but they're a clothes shop with shoes, rather than a shoe shop. They cater for more cuddly women, hence the larger sizes in nice shoes. They're on most high streets, too.

I have only bought one pair of shoes from Evans, size 11 extra wide fitting, 2"heel courts. They were not really strong enought for me and the heels keeped coming lose, eventualy the spine broke in one of the them.

Evans is a good place to buy black or navy straight skirts, up to length 32" and size 28, if you are into straight skirts :D

I don't bother to look at their shoes now as I have discovered Hay-Way shoes at www.haywayshoes.co.uk

Hay-Way shoes are the best place to buy high heel shoes in men's sizes. The quality is excellent and the shoes are made strong enought to take a mans weight This company is highly recomended.

Unfortunatly I cannot say the same about www.shockingstockings.com

I ordered a pair of high heeled platform court shoes from them costing £120. They debited my CC and said the shoes had been dispached. The shoes never arrived and they never answered my emails. The phone number on their website was a premium rate answerphone. When I contacted my CC company they said it was too late to do anything.

You live and learn :wink:

Skirted-UK

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I think I'm "Mr. Unfortunate" here. I could probably get into a US 15 but I think I should stick with 16's for the time being. The only styles in these sizes that I've seen are the 4" pumps that I have now(I've seen them with and without the straps) and some 6" knee high platforms. I ordered a pair of sandals from pierresilber but they've been back ordered. If anyone knows of a place that sells size 16(or generously sized 15's) with 5" or higher heels, non platforms, please let me know :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

Hi skirted-uk,

I know the man that runs shockingstockings.com, his name is Russel and his email is silverspirit@hotmail.com.

I found him to be a very strange person - I emailed the company to enquire about their court shoes (looked like leatherworks shoes) that were in a 'sale' (about £35 cheaper than leatherworks). From the reply I had I found it to be a bit dubious, so I didn't bother.

The next thing I had was a chap called Russell adding me to his hotmail contact list......it turned out to be the person that owned Shocking Stockings.......apparently he sells 'Touchable Stockings' too but because he's had an argument with Touchable and Leatherworks they don't supply to him anymore.

I'm afraid to say that I think he's a con-man and therefore he's no longer on my contact list.

Sorry to hear about your trouble skirted-uk, but your credit card company should refund you your £120 (they can investigate all fraudulent activities over £100). It a complicated area but under the law of contract, the C.C. is lending you they money to buy the shoes - it is therefore their money that bought them. They have a duty to investigate this for you and refund you the money in the interim until they've got to the bottom of it.

Regards,

Becky.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

Hi skirted-uk,

I know the man that runs shockingstockings.com, his name is Russel and his email is silverspirit@hotmail.com.

I found him to be a very strange person - I emailed the company to enquire about their court shoes (looked like leatherworks shoes) that were in a 'sale' (about £35 cheaper than leatherworks). From the reply I had I found it to be a bit dubious, so I didn't bother.

The next thing I had was a chap called Russell adding me to his hotmail contact list......it turned out to be the person that owned Shocking Stockings.......apparently he sells 'Touchable Stockings' too but because he's had an argument with Touchable and Leatherworks they don't supply to him anymore.

I'm afraid to say that I think he's a con-man and therefore he's no longer on my contact list.

Sorry to hear about your trouble skirted-uk, but your credit card company should refund you your £120 (they can investigate all fraudulent activities over £100). It a complicated area but under the law of contract, the C.C. is lending you they money to buy the shoes - it is therefore their money that bought them. They have a duty to investigate this for you and refund you the money in the interim until they've got to the bottom of it.

Regards,

Becky.

Hi Becky,

Yes he certainly is a conman. I should have guessed with an email address of shockingstockings@hotmail.com

I sent countless emails to this address but none of them were answered. Sometimes this mailbox was so full it would not except any more mail, no doute it was full of complaints from dissatisfide customers. He had a complaints email address, but when I tried to use it the mail was returned saying that address did not exist. He also had a telephone number for text mesgs,but that did not work ether. His main phone number was on a premium line connected to an answer phone.

The only thing that did work on the website was his Internet commerce system run by Exite.com. When I contacted them to point out the scam that was going on, they did not want to know and advised me to contact Trading Standards. My CC company Lloyds TSB said they had a time limit of 6 months for claiming back money. I came to the conculsion that I was flogging a dead horse and let the matter go.

Since then I have discovered Hay-Way shoes who are a dream to deal with.

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has been conned by Shocking Stockings, they even had the nerve to send me their latest cat a year later.

Skirted-UK

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I think I'm "Mr. Unfortunate" here. I could probably get into a US 15 but I think I should stick with 16's for the time being. The only styles in these sizes that I've seen are the 4" pumps that I have now(I've seen them with and without the straps) and some 6" knee high platforms. I ordered a pair of sandals from pierresilber but they've been back ordered.

If anyone knows of a place that sells size 16(or generously sized 15's) with 5" or higher heels, non platforms, please let me know :wink:

I bought my thigh boots (UK size 13) and they fit me perfectly - which surprised me as I'm a UK 13 in shoes normally so I'd think you'd be okay with some of them. I got them from Apocalypse Shoes - I think their link is in the links or shops section. Hope this helps. Incidentally I shall be posting some pics of me out and about in them soon

From the size charts I've seen UK 13's are the same as US 13's for men. I wear 15's in men but 16 in women's(it should be 17 but I haven't had a problem in 16's).

I wish I was a size 10

I purchased a nice pair of leather slides in US women's 12WW (US men's 10EE) from http://www.womenshoesplus.com. This is the "Honey" model which has a 4 inch wedge heel in that size.

They have other styles, many of which are in wide and double-wide sizes up to US women's 14. Indeed they don't offer very many shoes in "normal" sizes.

The styling tends to be conservative rather than fetishistic. The slides I bought are of very high quality.

Michael

Bought some pairs from Pierre Silber.

Nice prices. And you get a free pair if you order for more than 100 $

But these are more like fetish footwear.

They're close to where I live so I can go right in and try stuff on!

Michael