First night out in stilettos

CassieJ

Tonight my wife and I went to Disney's West End to the AMC Movie theater (National Treasure 2 is good). We walked in past Cirque Du Soleil and DisneyQuest. Tons of people there. Stood in line, went in and reverse for our exit. I did all this in my new Enzo Angiolini 4.5" stiletto heels and my jeans with an extra 3 inches in the legs covering the heels. The entire time, I don't know of a single person that noticed. If anyone did, they didn't make any indication that I saw. Leaving, we were even followed by some teenage girls down a long sidewalk and they didn't notice. When we got home we went for a walk around the neighborhood (about 1.5 miles tonight) and they were comfortable but a tad higher than I am used to going out in. I don't have a problem walking but it is not totally natural where I can forget about walking and just do it. This was my first night out in public in something other than a block heel. My Mary Janes and my boots have large block heels. I wear stilettos around the house enough my ankles are strong so I don't have any fatigue issues. Cobblestones are a bit more troublesome in the thin heels. A great night out! My wife wore her 3.5" black lace up calf boots with a mens oxford style pattern on the toes. CJ Forgot to attach a pic of my heels...

post-9194-133522850415_thumb.jpg

Congrads!..:santa_hat: I had my first long evening out this very evening.. I went to do some xmas shopping in my Old Gringo "Rockstar" boots.. Just a shade over 3" heel, but under long jeans, so if anyone was really looking, they most likely would'nt notice anything too out of the ordinary... Even though the heel was'nt noticable, it was still a big step for me.. All in all, it was great..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I went to TGI Fridays today for lunch wearing the same shoes. Twist this time was, we were meeting a friend for lunch. She knew I wore heels for Halloween and once right after that to her house to drop something off. We got there and a couple of people noticed but no comments or anything. She was already seated and didn't notice. When we finished eating, we got up to leave and she looked up at me, realizing I was taller, and then down. I don't think she was shocked but she said something like "wearing heels?" I said yup and we walked out. She didn't say anything else. We have known her for years and years. She probably thinks it is odd but not a big deal. On the way home I stopped for gas and went inside to get a car wash ticket. I don't think anyone noticed. I am definately more confident and comfortable now but I still find myself actively watching for reactions. I need to get to the place where I just go about normally without thinking about it. Something that happened to me the other day really helped. I was in a store wearing men's shoes and I walked past some people. They started laughing and said something like "did you see that?" They weren't talking about me but I didn't see what they were looking at either. if I had been wearing heels, I would have taken that as directed toward me. Just goes to show that not everything we see and hear is directed at us even when we expect it is. CJ

Great looking boots with jeans. Nice to hear that your wife goes along with you wearing high heels in public. Mine allows me to wear them at home but not in public with her. I do wear them by myself at times when I go shoe shopping. I love it.

Something that happened to me the other day really helped. I was in a store wearing men's shoes and I walked past some people. They started laughing and said something like "did you see that?" They weren't talking about me but I didn't see what they were looking at either. if I had been wearing heels, I would have taken that as directed toward me. Just goes to show that not everything we see and hear is directed at us even when we expect it is.

This is a wonderful observation. It is something worth thinking about. I have noticed, as you have said, people just simply do not notice much of anything.

On many occasions, I am disappointed at how few people actually notice...lol.

BTW, I LOVE your taste in shoes.

Style is built from the ground up!

Last night, we went to a chicken wing place, kind of a combo sports bar and dining place. We got there late and almost no one was there. I had to cross the wood floor past the pool tables to use the restroom. I don't think anyone noticed. At the table, I sat on the outside and sat normally. As the meal went on, I don't think anyone noticed at all. I crossed my leg so my pant leg would ride up a bit exposing almost the entire shoe. I crossed so my foot would be pointing out of the booth. I think the server noticed now but never said anything or reacted. Another server was running the sweeper on the floor and she had to see. She just kept her head down doing her job and didn't look at us or anyone else I could tell. By this time, I wanted someone to say something but no one did. I have gone from too afraid to wear heels out to wanting some people to notice. I am timid early but the longer I am out the bolder I get. By evening, I want someone to ask me about them. CJ

I finally took some pics (and figured out how to attach pics) of what I wear out.. Thought you all might enjoy..

OK Wood & Metal,

You know the rules.....

Tell Us More. What Brand, where did you buy them.

Great Boots ! !

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

To add on...Today we went to a different TGI Fridays and then to DSW Shoes, a mall and then the Outlet mall. Got a pair of heels at Nine West I will share later when I get some pics. I was wearing the same shoes from the posts above and a few people at the mall and outlet mall noticed. One guy let out a big snicker but I was laughing back. He was a 300+ pound redneck wearing, I kid you not, a dirty t-shirt with food stains on it. The Outlet mall was a pain, literally, on my feet. The whole place is paved with pavers. Uneven and lots of ridges and joints that were hell on wearing stilettos. I had to stop at CVS afterword to buy some gel pads for them. The balls of my feet are sore. The 4.5" heels are a little higher than I have been wearing out all day. CJ

OK Wood & Metal,

You know the rules.....

Tell Us More. What Brand, where did you buy them.

Great Boots ! !

Brand: Old Gringo.

Style name: "Rock Star".

Bought them online through Zappos..

My next pair will probably be Old Gringo "Garza"s or "Leopardito"s..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I love the Old Gringo Rock Star boots. Thought about getting them but decided on a different pair since the Rock Star, while having a cooler heel, weren't pointy enough for my taste. So, I got a pair of Old Gringo Dona Carlota boots in rust color. I loved them so much that I got a black pair as well.

Here are publicity pics of them as well as me wearing the black pair:

(1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Old Gringo in general makes fantastic cowboy boots. If you like very pointy toes and high heeled cowboy boots you should check them out. I think it's very easy for a guy to get away with most of the boots in the female section. You can get them at Zappos but I bought my pairs at Allens Boots online shop. I think they ship worldwide. Boots always arrived in great condition. They have a huge brand selection and a huge selection of Old Gringo boots:

http://www.allensboots.com/site/page/pg1736-pn_Cowboy_Boots_and_Western_Wear.html

• 3 months later...

CassieJ and Wood&Metal... Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. CassieJ, it sounds like you had fun with your public heeling experiences. Both of you, those are some real nice footwear. I hope you enjoy them for some time to come.