High Heeled Training Diary #38

Laurieheels

I am not into writing today. It's not writer's block, it is just a lack of energy. I need to make my eyes focus, my fingers move, and I just finished dinner so I am not interested in that right now. Dishes need to be done, I need to grab a pattern for a cloak off of the internet, and maybe get the pieces ready for my sister to sew tomorrow, I need more scales for my costume, I need to make the head ornaments... There is a good deal of work to do, and not much time left to do it! Monday was a day off for me, so I stuck to Reeboks as my sister, mother and I did some shopping. It's nice when we all have a Monday off. Tuesday was a black velvet stiletto day. They go so well with short skirts and black stockings... Wednesday and Thursday were boot days. Wednesday with a very short black skirt, and Thursday, with a very long black skirt. A nice contrast between styles, I think. Stiletto ankle boots are a wonderful thing. Everyone needs to know this. Friday, I wore my boots AGAIN (where's the surprise?), with jeans since Friday is supposed to be a casual day. Saturday, I had to work, and I wore Reeboks. I was lazy, tired, I just wanted to get to work, so I slipped into them (they are that old and worn)and off I went. Yes, there was a comment on my wearing runners and not something with a heel. But then, when someone expects me to do something a certain way, I like to be a bit different. Today, being Sunday, I didn't do much away from home. A quick trip for groceries was too simple for anything but the Reeboks, so that is all I bothered to do. But tonight, I will wear a pair of black five and a half inch stiletto pumps around the apartment for a bit, just for conditioning. And that was the week, pretty much. There is no writer's block, but I am still a bit tired. So off I go to work on my costume, talk to the man I love, and try and relax before work starts again. Bleh.

Laurie, being able to wear trainers to work for the odd day without discomfort is a good mark of the success of your training. (And it probably makes the other workers appreciate the heeled days more, they can't be taken for granted.) Those of us who found heels a relief to our feet problems can't wear a day in flat shoes without much discomfort and so we seldom do - even if it means 2 inch heels at a construction site, which is a bit hard on the shoes even if not hard for walking. Congratulations in keeping your feet in 1st class working order.