Selling Heels on Ebay...My Observation

HappyFeat

For the past couple of weeks, I have been weeding down my collection of heels. Usually, I just donate them to a thrift store when I "clean house," but this time I decided to see if they would sell on E-bay. Well, I posted 45 pair and sold 44 of them. I plan on selling another 20 or so after the holiday. Here is my observation...of the 44 pair I sold, 20 were bought by men. Of the 18 total customers, 7 were men. I thought this was an interesting observation, though it is far from scientific.

Style is built from the ground up!

Thats actually a pretty good observation. Several years ago when the wife and I starting saving for our house, I put loads of pairs on Ebay too, and I dont remember any of the winning bidders being women, and I must have sold off about 20 pairs in all. I even delivered one pair myself to a guy who didnt live far away, who looked a little worried when he opened the door and I handed him the box. I just smiled and said "Enjoy, there very comfortable" :santa_hat:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Just sold two pair on ebay, Kayser pony boots and LSB ballet boots. Both pairs were bought by men, but this might be skewed as they were both large for women, one was a mens 9 the other a mens 10.5-11. I sold sneakers before in my size, and they were bought by women, but that might just be my small feet :santa_hat:

(formerly known as "JimC")

I sold some of my pairs on eBay, and I believe they were all men, because after all, I'm a 14/15, so I highly doubt any ladies would have been buying them. All the transactions were highly pleasant though, and most made decent money for having been used shoes. I found that my luck comes from starting with a low bid and letting the buyer's wants boost them up in price. If you're selling used shoes, be up-front about it, and take pictures. Note any noticeable flaws so there are no surprises, and be very descriptive about EVERYTHING. It works for me! :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Over the past 2 years, Mrs Heels and I have sold over 300 pairs of heels from our personal colletcions.

Most were size 12, the rest were mainly size 11 and a few 10's.

I think we had only 2 or 3 female customers max. And some of the male customers left us feedback saying, "my wife will love these boots". Like they were afraid that someone might see what they bought.

These were about 90% previously worn, and we do take lots of pictures and write an accurate description. Even so, we did have 2 people complain and leave negative feedback, without even contacting us first.

All in All, we had a positive experience. I still have maybe 50 pairs to sell, once I get settled in after the move I am making.

If you have not sold on eBay, give it a try. It is easy, and it beats trashing something that you don't want, that maybe someone else could use.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Thats funny, but only because we fnd the same. we sell quite a few pairs on ebay, and a few through the local free adds paper. as well as some very entertaining ebay identities we have had to good experiences of men collecting in person. I remember one chap, who subsequently joined the hhplace and posted for a while coming to the door very shy saying ' I have come to collect something from ebay' I invited him in and gave him the boots, I also reassured him that if he wanted to try them on that would be fine. He could not believe how relaxed I was and how open I was to the fact that he was buying heels for himself. I reassured him by explaining that I was a member here and that I had higher heels upstairs. Who was I to disappoint, he could hardly believe his eyes when I popped on a pair of 5.5 inch heels and walked with little effort (I like to think I inspired him). anyway, he paid for the boots, and joined here, moved to Germany and I have not heard much of him since. So yes, Guys buy heels, its not unusual. quite a good way to sell or buy heels actually. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Yes I went and picked up two pairs from a chap once... he has sold others since so.... you never know. He was in Barnes if anyone knows him... LOL

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

When we first started selling lingerie and heels we sold on Ebay. We were not even considering the men being a significant part of the business but after selling online for 5 years their are plenty of men that buy heels and lingerie also. From a business perspective they are the best customers to deal with.

Hi, I have been recently started selling new Pleaser heels on ebay. I have found it difficult to sell women's size 9 or smaller, but much easier to sell size 12's and 13's! The only contact I have had so far with a women interested in a large size was one individual who wanted to buy them for her husband. My wife would rather I did not wear heels, but she does help take the pictures for ebay. Quite fun.

I have bought and sold on e-bay for several years now. I have used it as a way to keep my own heels fresh and have sold to 90% men for womens sizes 10 to 11, what I usually wear. I look at it, like a free way to keep my own collection fresh without spending my own cash to do so. There are a lot of guys into heels for both wearing and admiring, but so few would ever admit it. E-Bay is the perfect anonymous way of guys to wear and play with heels. :santa_hat:

For the past couple of weeks, I have been weeding down my collection of heels. Usually, I just donate them to a thrift store when I "clean house," but this time I decided to see if they would sell on E-bay. Well, I posted 45 pair and sold 44 of them. I plan on selling another 20 or so after the holiday.

Here is my observation...of the 44 pair I sold, 20 were bought by men. Of the 18 total customers, 7 were men. I thought this was an interesting observation, though it is far from scientific.

Last week I was offline. 44 pairs on Ebay and me absent - a nightmare! I hope they weren't altogether size EU 44 or 45 ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Last week I was offline. 44 pairs on Ebay and me absent - a nightmare! I hope they weren't altogether size EU 44 or 45 ...

Not to worry, I will be posting several more pair after the holiday. I don't want you to feel left out...:santa_hat:

. . . There are a lot of guys into heels for both wearing and admiring, but so few would ever admit it. E-Bay is the perfect anonymous way of guys to wear and play with heels.

I think you have hit upon the key word for the men-buying-heels-on-eBay phenomenon: anonymity. It's the same reason so many of us buy our heels online, only with eBay you can sometimes get a better deal. It is also possible to find unique styles that are out of production on eBay.

All in all, I've had good experiences on eBay and I have bought tools, computer gear, books, recorded media (CD's and tapes), audio equipment and a plethora of other items in addition to (usually heeled) shoes. There are some cheaters out there but you can usually detect them up front. I have had to be patient with a couple of sellers but I have yet to leave a negative feedback for anybody.

Have a happy time!

I usually buy heels on eBay but have also sold them. I only had one bad selling experience and recently, a bad buying experience when the seller went out business. Sometimes you lose that way, but most of the time the stuff is good quality and shipping is fast. The only down side to eBay is that you are not trying on the shoes before purchase.

The avatar is one of the sold ones.

It's all about the heel!

Wow...this is pretty fascinating. The anonymity factor that e-bay provides is a definite plus for men (or anybody for that matter) does play a huge role. I also post all of my listing as private auctions to aid in that matter. Also, I do think, that as man of you have pointed out that the size is a factor. Men buy a lot of larger sizes. However, I have been communicating with one woman who bought 11 pair form me that she said that she has a very difficult time finding shoes from many brands in her size. I then begin to think that for e-bay shoppers in general, it is kind of a one-stop-shop for hard to find items. Lets face it, US11 and 12 shoes in diverse styles takes a lot of time to find otherwise, and she was able to get 11 pair in just a few days. I also buy a few pair on e-bay, but I prefer the challenge of finding them "on the rack." But what is nice, is that you can wear them a few times and then recoup some money for them on e-bay. As one of the previous posts said, it is a great way to keep your collection fresh. As for the whole e-bay thing, I think I am hooked...at least for now.

Hi HappyFeat, I have bought the big majority of my heels at Ebay. For several reasons - its a comfortable way of buying shoes - its the best way to find heels in my size contrary to the usual "vacuum" or "ugliness" in the big size shelfs of a normal shoe shop (btw: there was a mistake in my last answer, I have forgotten the word BELOW before my size 44/45) - often I have saved a lot of money at Ebay: for example a girl with EU 41 has bought fashionable boots in 42 because they were only offered in 42 but she was obsessed to have them and now they are simply much too wide ... a real 43. Thats always a chance for the night hawk micha for bidding! Or a guy who has bought secretely stylish high heels from Italian Heels in his size 45. His wife detected his "abnormal" passion. Either me or your heels! And now this poor guy is selling them again. Again a chance for me as big sizes vulture :w00t2: I'm not afraid anymore to visit the ladies department of a shoe store. Quite opposite: for me it's always a fun to try on stylish shoes. But usually it's simply disappointing. Nothing available in my size. Nevertheless I'm a stubborn rejector of the male department, for good reasons :santa_hat:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 4 months later...

I am goingto be posting several pair of shoes on e-bay this comming week. They are mainly US 11's with a few 10's and 12's in the mix. I will keep track this time and report my actual results back to this thread for those of you who are interested in the data.

I am goingto be posting several pair of shoes on e-bay this comming week. They are mainly US 11's with a few 10's and 12's in the mix. I will keep track this time and report my actual results back to this thread for those of you who are interested in the data.

Hey HappyFeat,

How about posting a link here too, for anyone interested buying.

Thank You

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 3 weeks later...

I think we brought up several interesting points here. The anonymity of purchasing over the internet is great. On the other hand, you don't really know who you are purchasing from when you buy directly from another individual through ebay...it might be someone who wears footwear from the other gender, or it might just be someone who is liquidating a store's inventory if it is going out of business. So I can understand if someone is reticent to say that he wears the shoes. Also, many times the shoes and boots available in largers sizes are truly ugly, and that is pretty annoying (to me, anyway). There are plenty of much better looking footwear in smaller sizes, but of course, they will not fit. I've written several letters to customer service representatives to tell them that they have great styles and that I would definitely buy multiple pairs, if they had them available in larger sizes. Actually, I'm actually going to do it again sometime this week. More on this subject later. Women wear mens sneakers and hiking boots sometimes. I knew at least 3 women who admitted to buying mens sneakers because they had larger feet, and the styles for men were better than the ones for women at their size. All of these women were straight. Just taller than average.

• 2 months later...

Wanted to update this thread with my latest observations. I just completed a round of selling shoes on Ebay. Of the seven customers who bought, four were men. I did post the link to my items in the "High Heels for Sale" section, so thank you to anybody who looked and a special thanks to anybody from HHPlace who bought. I will be posting more soon!

It would be nice to know when you are posting as I am a UK9 US11/12 and are looking for some new styles.

Thanks Happyfeat

Keep an eye out in the "High Heels for Sale" section. I will post a link there when I post my next group.