interesting situation whats your opinion?

ct03si

I agree with JL. Try www.comfilon.com. They are not "girly" because they are actually made for men. I especially like the 549's (which even include a fly) and the 577's. They have the added benefits of reducing chafing, which can happen with tight-fitting jeans, and eliminates the "pantylines" too.

And, no, you are NOT weird! And you have a wonderful woman. Don't rule out ever going out. As you will see in many posts here, few will even notice or care, and those that do are usually positive. But, definitely practice, practice, practice, around the house first - especially in 5 inch'ers. Then try going out to something with very little walking/standing, like a movie at a time when the line is short.

I will check out ny&company. Looks very nice. I also like tallandall.com because it can be difficult finding legs long enough for heels for my height.

Enjoy!

well here is an update i have worn the boots every evening since i joined this forum and i all but totally become used to the thigh highs they dont bother me at all. as for the boots they are amazing and my fiance is starting to warm up to them alot, the sad thing is that i think i can walk in them better than she can walk in hers:silly: thanks for all the advice guys

It's ok. I make a lot of women jealous that I can walk better in heels than they can. I think as a man in heels I try harder to walk correctly than women do and probably practice a lot more so I don't look like a fool.

real men wear heels

Hello all, Bubba, thanks for the kind words...The wife and family are doing fine...We added another little boy May 1, 2006. That makes a total of 4 kids...2 from the Elf's prior marriage and 2 from ours...We're now done with that business :wave: I try to keep up to date on the forums but time is rather limited with work and family obligations... High heels have been the norm for us from the onset of our relationship. I wear them all the time at home and almost always when out. Around the kids, mom & dad, brother & sister...You name it. My only limitations have been at the kids' schools and work. I am now out of the USN and working for Verizon. It's a fairly moderate work environment but about 60% of the ppl there are former military...(Something about the Hampton Roads region I suspect??? :smile: ) So since there are so many former mil in there I keep the heels extremely conservative (read not obvious as much as possible!!) I normally wear about a 2 1/2 - 3" wedge heel to work and no negative comments thus far. For those who are hesitant to wear heels openly and in public I truly can't blame you for having inhibitions. Society sees it as odd at BEST and anytime you step out of the 'Comfort Zone' of what's been trained into you (or society) as 'normal' the nerves go haywire. But believe me...If you wear them with confidence and appear as just a man wearing heels, most won't bother with you. They may say you're weird but that's THEIR opinion. If they don't like it then they don't have to look at your feet. It's that simple. Also, being with the wife and kids helps REMARKABLY!!! I used to think that being out with the kids would cause negative comments but it appears this only emphasizes that you ARE a man, who is not gay, has a 'normal' family life and just has a thing for shoes. I have NEVER been approached by anyone with a negative comment while out as a family. (Or ever in all reality...) As for wearing heels around the kids...It's really a non-issue. My family is used to it. COMPLETELY. The two step daughters have been exposed since they met me. The younger of the two (10) thinks it's awesome (because it gives her a sense of security that I "can relate to her issues better"...her words...not mine) The older is 14 and just feels it's normal for me. Period. Never even questioned...My oldest boy (5 in Jan) has seen me in heels since birth and it's normal in his eyes as well. The youngest doesn't have an opinion as of yet (20 Mos...) Overall the 25 years in heels has been a fun and challenging adventure that really blossomed when I met my wife. Before her I had gone through the typical purges, self-doubt, sexuality questioning, even to the point of self-hatred. By the time I had met her I was comforable with myself and had accepted that high heels were part of me. So I was 100% honest with her about them from day 1. No hiding anything or secrets. I told her flat out, this is me. They're a part of me. I wear them because I like to and that's that. At first she was a bit shocked and didn't believe me. However, the first time we met, I arrived wearing 3 1/2" chunky heeled boots and brought over 5" stilettos for each of us. It was something that she thought she'd be turned off by but quickly got over it. Like within 5 min. From there it's been normal. She's encouraged me to be more brave in my wearing and has chosen my heels for many a date. It's not uncommon for both of us to go out to dinner wearing 5" stilettos. HONEST!!! We've been to malls, restaurants, movies, shopping (everywhere!!) vacations...quite literally everywhere. There have been stares (wide-eyed, jaw-dropping stares...), giggles, pointed fingers, a range of comments (99% positive or neutral) and kudos. The best are from kids though...Had one experience, a LONG time ago, where a little girl saw us both wearing 5" stilettos in BJ's (wholesale membership club...) She grabbed her mommy's arm, pointed to us and said "Mommy, that man's wearing high heels!!" Her mom, very smoothly and nonchalantly, told her "that's his choice" and moved on with a smile :-) We all read those 'fashion' forums where the self-righteous belittle guys in heels but most of them are still soaking wet behind the ears. They don't really know what they like in a man or are brainwashed by magazine pics of washboard bellied, dark tanned, hairless bodied, ultra-macho looking guys. Anyone who doesn't meet that standard is worth bashing to many of them. (Wait until they meet THEIR man in middle age!! HA!!!) Some day they'll learn there's more to life than enhanced pictures of abnormally skinny, ultra handsome men wearing suits or nearly nothing. When they do they'll realize there are more fashion choices for men from BOTH sides of the store as well. Until then, teach them what courage is. Teach them that NORMAL is being WHO YOU ARE, not only what society says. Step outside the 'comfort zone' of societally dictated fashion. Wear your heels. It will open minds to a whole new genre of masculinity!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Very well said Shoeiee. I to have been wearing heels around my kids since they were very little and to them, it's normal and also have had many of the same experiences as you. Do not let society, tradition, brain washed cave people try to tell you what you can or can not wear. Be your self and be it with confidence!

real men wear heels

Thanks for the comments, Shoeiee. I know they'll serve our membership well in their effort to overcome their fear of appearing in public wearing women's shoes. My experiences, while not exactly the same, parallel your. The war can be divided into several different battles. 1) struggle overcoming your own insecurity about the propriety of wanting to wear high heels. 2) Answering the question of how, when and where to tell any prospective partner of your desire to wear high heels. 3) wheathere or not to wear your high heels in front of your children. And, 4) how to react in public wearing your heels. There are probably other divisions that can be added here, however these are the most troubling to resolve. And, Shoeiee has handled all 4 of these exceptionally well.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

CT06si, you may not realize it, but you are very, very lucky to have such an understanding lady. :santa_hat: I too was amazed at how good I felt when I wore boots with heels. Most of mine are in the 3-4 inch, but I do have a pair of thigh high boots with 5 inch spike heels. I am not interersted in crossdressing, I would look hideous, but do have a medium duty corset that feels great and is comfortable. Although if it were made for a man, it would be more comfy. It is a white satin, so it isn't too extreme.

Anyway, here is a link I found on YouTube that might be of help to you and your fiance.

It really works and is fun to try the recommendations.

About the stockings, if you feel weird about them, you can try the mens versions earlier in this thread, or you can just realize that nobody but you and your GF will see them. Besides you might find you like the feeling of pantyhose as well!

Oh, if you really want to take it to the next level, try a pair of leather pants! You can get tight ones or looser ones. I have several I use for bike riding and even a pair that look like painters pants with the hammer loop and ruler pockets. I got them on eBay for about $40.

Please let us know how it goes in the future!

Welcome ct30si. The stockings are a personal choice, but I can't see any reason to wear them unless it's because you like to. It's good that your GF is OK with you wearing heels, sounds like she's a keeper! I can't see the point in the Comfilon hose to be honest, the only times I've worn tights for warmth I've found standard black opaques to be perfectly suitable and considerably cheaper. Chris

First Welcome to the Forum.

One other option you might try is a pair of leather thigh boots like Ellie 8899 which is a classic thigh boot. They have a 5” heel but I find them more comfortable and easy to walk in than boots with a 4” heel. Since they are leather boots, wearing hose is not a requirement. I wear trouser sox most of the time with mine.

I’m sure you have discovered that wearing heels takes practice and more practice. Once you can walk in them then wearing them out take confidence and more confidence.

post-928-133522851197_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I can attest to what ThighBootGuy is saying about the Elle's. I have a pair of 8899 in blue leather. For a while they did hurt after wearing them for an hour or more. But I kept on wearing them and all of a sudden they became SO easy to wear for all day. Granted I didn't walk miles in them, but going up and down stairs and moving quickly was not a problem. I think what helped the most was finding the right thickness of sock to wear with them. I tried nylons to thick outdoor socks. I settled on a cotton boot sock that isn't real thin, and not real thick. The moral of the story is that you just have to keep wearing them and wearing them becomes second nature. You will know within a couple of months (of occasional wear) if they fit. Come to think of it, I actually wore them to bed and maybe they molded themselves to my foot?!? Being leather, they breath and your feet don't become sweaty or hot. That is one huge advantage to real leather. Boot Guy

Well, I am new to the forum but have always loved wearing heels for as far back as I can remember, though no outings yet. Being from the UK, I would like to know where those boots are from as they are similar to what I have been looking for though can never find the right calf sizes. :santa_hat: Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the group.

I like the picture and they and the boots look great. Where did she get the your womens stretch boot cut pants, Your not the only guy that wears womens boot cut pants. What size did she get and how tall are you?

first off im new here so hi to all.:santa_hat:

so here is the scenario i am totally in love with my fiance she is amazing and i love to see her in heels, so i bought her a pair of 3" knee high boots

she loves them and wears them all the time.

so i got her another pair but these ones are 5" thigh high snug fitting boots, they are hot as hell and we both love them. the only problem is that she can not walk in them so she doesn't wear them out

now this is the interesting part, i made a deal with her. i told her that if she wore them around the house and got used to walking and puttering around in them i would buy the exact pair for myself and learn with her.

now mind you im a guy and have never before put a pair of heels on, so i get these 5" thigh high boots and put them on for her to see.........she likes it and the strange thing is so do i. i figured that i would hate wearing them but for some reason i absolutly love them the only problem is that they look funny with my hary legs and they make my feet sweaty so she recommends that i get a pair of thigh high nylons to wear under them and i decide that i need a pair of boot cut jeans to go with the shoes so she finds me a pair of womens stretch boot cut jeans that are flared at the bottom a little and very snug from the knee up, she loves them because it aparently makes my ass look amazingand i love it now too because from the waist down im an exact replica of every hot young woman that i have ever stopped to stare at on the street(prior to meeting my true love that is) when i was younger i always gawked at any hot woman wearing tight boot cut jeans and high heels and now the bottom half of me looks exactly like it.

sorry for the short book but i figured i should tell the whole story

so my question is am i weird for liking everything that i have tried on thus far?

btw i am 100% straight and have absolutly no interest in dressing up like a woman but for some reason when i put on these boots and jeans with a tee shirt i absolutly fall in love with the way it looks and feels

here is a pic for your viewing pleasure

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l106/ct03si/100_1140.jpg

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I',m also straight, I just hate mens fashions as they are and I love high heels and hose.

Welcome to the group.

I like the picture and they and the boots look great. Where did she get the your womens stretch boot cut pants, Your not the only guy that wears womens boot cut pants. What size did she get and how tall are you?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

a few more pics this time in some nice black slacks

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...100_1145-1.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...i/100_1145.jpg

The slacks are great with the boots! are they womens slacks?

Well, I am new to the forum but have always loved wearing heels for as far back as I can remember, though no outings yet. Being from the UK, I would like to know where those boots are from as they are similar to what I have been looking for though can never find the right calf sizes. :santa_hat: Thanks.

post-5557-133522851662_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...