Help wanted with thesis 'Men in heels as mainstream fashion': (Female & Male input)

blestat

Hi all, I'm a final year student studying Ba Footwear Design. For my thesis I have chosen to write about whether high heels can become mainstream fashion for men. I am not looking at a transvestite perspective only from a point of view that heels used to be 'everyday' fashion for men (king Louis...etc) and whether society and fashion could ever see it happening again. I have been a member of this site for many a years and have read many articles and peoples points of views, I apologise if this subject is a repeat of many likewise before, however, would love your assistance. I'm going to try and put together a questionaire (and poll) to be answered by both men and women and would love to hear your honest opinions and experiences. I'm interested in a social acceptability point a view. As well as writing from own experiences I would to hear from those who go on heelmeets or 'heeling' to hear your experiences and views on how public response has changed over the years. If you feel you would like to assist please feel free to make contact, I'm sure you have a lot to offer. Many thanks, b.

Don't miss the 1970's when heels were back for men. I have never attended a heelmeet but wear heels in public often for the last month or two. I keep it to boots with a large block heel or my patent round-toe mary janes (in my avatar) but would love to try my stilettos but haven't become that brave yet. I would love to see heels created for men. I like them high so 4" would be my dream, in a men's style but not necessarily block heel. Good luck o your thesis and feel free to contact me if you need anything. CJ

Hi all,

I'm a final year student studying Ba Footwear Design. For my thesis I have chosen to write about whether high heels can become mainstream fashion for men.

Hey blestat,

Your often used example of King Louis of France and his high heeled shoes began an era of male heeling that lasted into the late 1700's or early 1800's. As Cassie mentions, the seventies did see men wearing high heels even though the shoes were those gaudy platforms with large blocked heels. In the Orient, they used a type of platform sandal to traverse the muddy streets and pathways and then took them off before entering a door. Cowboy boots often have high tapered block heels to help keep the wearer's feet above the mud and other ranch animal deposits, and also to help keep their feet in the stirrups as they ride a horse.

Even though you have a greater knowledge of shoe history, I felt the need to rehearse a few of the many times civilization has witnessed men wearing high heels, or at least higher than the usual footwear. So the actual question really is not the whether, it is the when. The whether question belongs to: Whether men will be socially accepted when they are wearing stilettoes in this period of mainstream male heeling?

Blestat, You will get a big resounding "YES and about time too" from all the men on this board, however as you are doing a thesis for your BA, I would suggest you need to be very careful about whom you offer the opportunity to complete your survey. Also your questions will need very careful onsideration so as not to be seen as leading the respondant. But hey, who am I to offer such advice, I am sure your tutors will help in getting the questions right. Then you will get to grips with statistics - Joy of Joys. :smile: Sure you can ask for opinions from this board, but since we all want society to accept men wearing heeled shoes as readily as men wearing earrings (mind you men are restricted to studs or a small plain ring, dangly ones that sparkle would not be acceptable but WHY) all you will get from your survey here is a biased opinion which will distort your results. I am sure we would all love to hear the results of your survey, from my perspective, I feel that we will see the retro 70's styles back again and not just in footwear. Do keep us posted on your progress and good luck with your BA. May well be worth a PM to our very own Dr Shoe. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hi all, Thank you very much for the positive response regarding the subject of my thesis. I have put together some questions that I hope the men on this board can answer for me, sorry no ladies at the moment. I am aware that this site is very pro men in heels so have tried to generate some questions that will hopefully not lead to biased viewpoint. As I have previously mentioned I am looking for the social experiences of heel wearing in relation to mainstream fashion. Please can you message me the responses so that I can coallate the data, I will if permitted by the administrator post my thesis on this site after it has been written. Please note I will refer in my questions to an elevated heel, I am specifying this as any heel on a shoe above 1.5 inch in height be it stiletto, cuban, block etc. So here goes: 1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: No 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: No 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never. 4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :silly: Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable. 5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :o Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? 7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event. 8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). 9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. :) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction. 10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. :) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify. 11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. ;) No. c) Not applicable. 12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No 13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. B) No. 14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. B) No. c) The same. 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? Reading my question back to myself they do appear to be a bit dry, my apologies to you all for this (this is my first time). I would really appreciate your true/honest responses, please feel free to also provide real life experiences when answering the questionaire Many thanks, and I apologise for any grammer/spelling mistakes. Kind regards, b.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the positive response regarding the subject of my thesis.

I have put together some questions that I hope the men on this board can answer for me, sorry no ladies at the moment. I am aware that this site is very pro men in heels so have tried to generate some questions that will hopefully not lead to biased viewpoint. As I have previously mentioned I am looking for the social experiences of heel wearing in relation to mainstream fashion.

Please can you message me the responses so that I can coallate the data, I will if permitted by the administrator post my thesis on this site after it has been written.

Please note I will refer in my questions to an elevated heel, I am specifying this as any heel on a shoe above 1.5 inch in height be it stiletto, cuban, block etc.

So here goes:

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :silly: No

2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :o No

3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never.

4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :) Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable.

5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :) Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable

6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why?

7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event.

8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at).

9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. ;) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction.

10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. B) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify.

11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No. c) Not applicable.

12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No

13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. B) No.

14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. B) No. c) The same.

15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence?

Reading my question back to myself they do appear to be a bit dry, my apologies to you all for this (this is my first time).

I would really appreciate your true/honest responses, please feel free to also provide real life experiences when answering the questionaire

Many thanks, and I apologise for any grammer/spelling mistakes.

Kind regards, b.

OK - let's go!

1) yes

2) yes

3) several times per week

4) often (especially womens jeans)

5) the majority knows it and my whole family

6) ?

7) yes

:wave: almost everybody (the eight-bracket-effect *g*)

9) indifferent

10) don't know

11) no

12) yes (often by immigrants)

13) don't know - my german answer would be a "jein", a mixture of "ja" and "nein"

14) yes

15) 55/D (i started my open heels wearing at an age of fourty nine)

I'm missing questions about the WHY, the most interesting and the most difficult question! For a serious sociologist survey its in my opinion absolutely necessary to ask not only us small amok running minority but also the big majority. Their reactions on us are determining our behaviour rsp. our courage. For example: Isn't the question how did your girlfriend, your wife or your family react on you when you dared your first outing on high heels much more interesting than questions about male high heels meetings? These meetings are helpful and encourageing for our community and for guys who dared up to now only a short walk on a parking site of an autobahn/motorway after midnight. But thats not real life.

nice greetings, micha :smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: No

A

2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: No

A

3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never.

Once in a few weeks.

4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :silly: Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable.

B [nail polish, makeup, bag]

5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :o Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable

A [although there are some people who dislike it, they know]

6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why?

7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event.

C

8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at).

9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. :) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction.

10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. :) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify.

11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. ;) No. c) Not applicable.

A [in generally unsafe areas].

12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No

A [usually giggles/ verbal abuse]

13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. B) No.

A

14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. B) No. c) The same.

A

15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence?

21, Poland

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Hi Elegant, Thank you for your time in answering my questionaire. Your online picture certainly lives up to your name, would it be ok to include your picture in my thesis as a fine example of how heels could be worn by the male sex? Kind regards, b.

Hi Micha, Thank you for answering my questionaire, you raise a valid point as to why you wear heels, I am not a socialologist nor have I studied as such, however, maybe you would like to elaborate on these reasons? My interest in asking about the heelmeets regards looking for a trend to see if heels are making a 'comeback to fashion' for the male, i.e. if numbers of men wearing heels in public is increasing. I believe fashions are started by the brave, however, my interest is in the mainstream wearing of heels by men. Although there are many reasons why we wear different fashions I believe that the majority (the sheep) follow fashion without having to confront the same issues as those at the forefront and as such the subject is not the main focus of my thesis. Again many thanks. Kind regards, b.

Hi Elegant,

Your online picture certainly lives up to your name, would it be ok to include your picture in my thesis as a fine example of how heels could be worn by the male sex?

Kind regards, b.

Like I said in many other threads, the avatar isn't me- but depicts my style very well. You should find it in the "Runways..." thread in the male forum.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Hi all,

I'm a final year student studying Ba Footwear Design. For my thesis I have chosen to write about whether high heels can become mainstream fashion for men. I am not looking at a transvestite perspective only from a point of view that heels used to be 'everyday' fashion for men (king Louis...etc) and whether society and fashion could ever see it happening again. I apologise if this subject is a repeat of many likewise before, however, would love your assistance. I created a brief questionaire for the men to answer and posted it yesterday:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/9593-help_wanted_degree_thesis_men_heels_mainstream_fashion.html

I would also like to get information from a female only perspective on a different line of questions. I am aware that this site is very pro men in heels so have tried to generate some questions that will hopefully not lead to biased viewpoint.

Please can you message me the responses so that I can coallate the data, I will if permitted by the administrator post my thesis on this site after it has been written.

Please note I will refer in my questions to an elevated heel, I am specifying this as any heel on a shoe above 1.5 inch in height be it stiletto, cuban, block etc.

Q1). Ladies, in order please can you identify which kind of footwear you believe to be most attractive on the male sex?

a). Work or walking boot (Timberland, Catapillar etc)

:smile:. Uniform boot (Armed forces, incorporating DocMartens)

c). Standard traditional mens shoe (Brogue, Oxford, Monk (ok not a tie shoe))

d). Mocassin/Loafer

e). Cowboy boot or Biker boot

f). Sports trainer

g). Sandal/Thong/Flip-flop (no heel)

h). Italian styled mens shoe (more pointed toe than traditional mens)

i). Elevated heel shoe (be it block, cuban, stiletto, tie up, sandal, pump)

j). other please specify

Q2). Ladies, if you were to see a male wearing elevated heeled footwear what would your instinct reaction be? a) Positive. :wave: Negative. c) Indifferent. (please elaborate on answer)

Q3). Ladies, if you were to meet a male stranger wearing elevated heeled footwear, would you internally question his sexual orientation in a way that you may not question a man wearing other kinds of footwear? a) Yes. :silly: No. c). Not applicable

Q4). Ladies, would you consider the same man when dressed in elevated heeled footwear to be? a) more attractive when wearing such footwear. or :o less attractive. or c) Indifferent.

Q4). Ladies, would you consider a male wearing elevated footwear with no other female associated garments to be? a) more in touch with his feminine side than the 'average' male. :) less in touch or c) would not consider either.

Q5). Ladies, if elevated heeled footwear for men became mainstream fashion would you consider this a threat to your feminimity? a) Yes. :) No. c) Indifferent.

Q6). Ladies, if you answered Q5 as (a), would you do anything about it? a) Yes. :) No. Please specificy (maybe to dress more effeminate, to ridicule the men in heels or another).

Q7). Ladies, if elevated heeled footwear was to be mainstream fashion, would there be any style of female heeled footwear that you would consider unacceptable for a male to wear? If so please could you specify what and why.

I would really appreciate your true/honest responses, please feel free to also provide real life experiences when answering the questionaire

Many thanks, and I apologise for any grammer/spelling mistakes.

Kind regards, b.

Hi Dr Shoe, I previously studied at Leicester collegel, this had more hands on making and technical emphasis. I'm also a qualified engineer, my latest project involves carbon fibre and plastic/rubber heeled shoes. Please can I ask you to participate in answering the questionaire?

Here's mine:

[quote name='

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. B) No

a)Yes

2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. B) No

a)Yes

Daily

4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. B) Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable.

c)

5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. B) Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable

B)

7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. B) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event.

b)No

9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. B) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction.

10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. B) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify.

11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No. c) Not applicable.

-- Sometimes, depemds on surroudings

b)no

a)yes

a)yes

66, Canada

QUOTE']

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: No yes 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: No yes 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never. random 4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :silly: Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable. C 5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :o Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable A and B 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? Work, none of their busness in my privite life, but won't it hide it if discovered. 7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event. no 8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). N/A 9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. :) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction. N/A 10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. :) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify. N/A 11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. ;) No. c) Not applicable. NO 12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No Yes, has a group of old ladies stair me down in a shoping mall. 13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. B) No. Yes 14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. B) No. c) The same. Yes 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? 35 American

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never. approx. 5 times per week 4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? :smile: Yes sometimes. (stockings, women jeans) 5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? :wave: Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? to avoid being teased 7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? c) I would do if I could travel to such an event. 8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). n/a 9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? n/a 10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? n/a 11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? ?) it depends my mood 12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? :silly: No 13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. 14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? 29 years old, Montpellier, France

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: No a)Yes 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: No a)Yes 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never. Twice per week on average. 4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :silly: Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable. a/:o normally but not always. 5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :) Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable :) 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? 7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event. a) Why would they need to know? It's not something you just drop into a conversation. For technical and H&S reasons I don't wear heels to work. 8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). 1 9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. ;) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction. c) 10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. B) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify. B) However, this is due to the heelmeets themselves becoming more popular... 11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No. c) Not applicable. -- B) 12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No B) 13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. B) No. a)yes 14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. B) No. c) The same. a)yes 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? 44 UK

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi Dr Shoe,

I previously studied at Leicester collegel, this had more hands on making and technical emphasis. I'm also a qualified engineer, my latest project involves carbon fibre and plastic/rubber heeled shoes.

Please can I ask you to participate in answering the questionaire?

I'm a Cordwainers' Graduate...

I did male fashion of the 17th century for my thesis...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel?

a)Yes

2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public?

a)Yes

Twice per month on average.

4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'?

c) Never, only shoes.

5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear?

:smile: Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with.

Fear of ridicule; stereotyping as a weirdo/pervert/nutter; fear that being open about it could 'kill' the 'illicit thrill' element somehow.

Also, i'm a private individual - what I do and why is my own business.

7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting?

a) Yes.

about 10 or so.

9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear?

c) Indifferent/no reaction.

10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed?

d) no change noted.

11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels?

a) Yes.

12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels?

:wave: No

13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item?

a) Yes.

14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer?

a) Yes.

41 UK

Always High-Heel Responsibly

1.) Yes. 2.) Yes. 3.) Over once per week, not as high as daily. 4.) :smile: Yes sometimes. (Yes mostly) 5.) :wave: Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. 6.) Caution about negative reactions, especially from clients (I'm self-employed). 7.) :silly: No. 8.) n/a 9.) n/a 10.) n/a 11.) a) Yes. More so around groups of teenagers. 12.) a) Yes. Nothing more than titters from the teenagers. 13.) a) Yes. High-heeled boots already did, look back to the '70s. I don't expect dainty stilettos to achieve unisex status any time soon, however. 14.) a) Yes. 15.) England, call it 40.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). 1

At Bremen in the north west of germany I had last year a private high heels meeting. Naturally only one participant besides me :smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the positive response regarding the subject of my thesis.

I have put together some questions that I hope the men on this board can answer for me, sorry no ladies at the moment. I am aware that this site is very pro men in heels so have tried to generate some questions that will hopefully not lead to biased viewpoint. As I have previously mentioned I am looking for the social experiences of heel wearing in relation to mainstream fashion.

So here goes:

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never.2 Page Ranking wk. 2 or more times pr wk.

4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? :silly: c) Never only shoes.

5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) :o Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? Big Brother wouldn't understand.

7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event.

9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. :) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction.

10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. :) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify.

11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? ;) No.

12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes.

13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes.14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? B) No. 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? 54 USA

real men wear heels

Heres my answers, hope they help - Good Luck

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: No

Yes

2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: No

Yes

twice a year

4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :silly: Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable.

C

5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :o Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable

A

No

11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. ;) No. c) Not applicable.

A - Because I am a big guy I am very self aware of people looking at me and laughing inside...

A - I had a couple of people laugh at me the first time I ever wore heels in public and what upset me the most is that it was at a fetish party where anything goes AND they were people I knew out of the Fetish life too.

A - I would hope so and would love to see that happen but I dont think the stiletto would manage it as daily mens wear

A - It would be easier to wear but I think the general public would take the acceptability a bit hard...but that wouldnt mean it would lose appeal

36, England

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Here's my reply 1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes. :smile: No YES 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes. :wave: No YES 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never. 3 times a week 4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? a) Yes always. :silly: Yes sometimes. c) Never only shoes. d) Not applicable. Yes sometimes - Bootcut Jeans 5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? a) Yes, I make no hiding of it. :o Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. c) No, this is not something I share with people outside such similar forums as HHPlace. d) Not applicable Yes jeans usually cover the heels 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? N/A 7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? a) Yes. :) No. c) I would do if I could travel to such an event. NO 8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). N/A 9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? a) Mainly positive. :) Mainly Negative. c) Indifferent/no reaction. N/A 10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? a) Generally increased. :) Generally decreased. c) Increased more recently over the last 2 years. d) other, please specify. N/A 11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. ;) No. c) Not applicable. Yes 12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes. B) No No 13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes. B) No. Maybe 14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes. B) No. c) The same. The Same 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? 54 USA

1.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel? a) Yes 2.) Men, have you ever worn footwear with an elevated heel in public? a) Yes 3.) Men, how often do you wear elevated heeled shoes in public? Please specify X number of times per week, month or year or never. Seldom 4.) Men, if you wear elevated heeled shoes in public do you also wear other items of clothing that is 'socially determined to be ladies wear'? :smile: Yes sometimes 5.) Men, do your friends, family, work colleagues know of your wearing of elevated heeled footwear? :wave: Some yes, but I'm careful who I share it with. 6.) Men, if you do not share the knowledge that you wear elevated heeled footwear with friends, family, work colleagues, please can you provide the main reason why? Expectation of negative outcome 7.) Men, have you ever been to a 'Heelmeet' or similar arranged meeting? :silly: No 8.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how many other men were present also wearing elevated heeled footwear? (please refer to the last Heelmeet you were present at). n/a 9.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' in elevated heeled footwear what has been the general public response to your attire with respect to your footwear? n/a 10.) Men, if you have attended a 'Heelmeet' how has the number of men attending wearing elevated heeled footwear changed? n/a 11.) Men, do you feel vunerable in your public surroundings wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes 12.) Men, have you ever received any public negativity when or for wearing footwear with elevated heels? a) Yes 13.) Men, do you feel that an elevated heeled shoe could ever achieve unisex status as a mainstream fashion item? a) Yes 14.) Men, if the elevated heeled shoe ever became a unisex fashion item would it still hold the same appeal to you as the wearer? a) Yes 15.) Sorry forgot, please could I you to specify your age and country of residence? 45, USA